The Student Room Group

The pressures of being a "lad"

Don't really know where to put this thread lol

Basically, everytime I'm with my mates or at work, what everyone is on about is trying to gain valuable "lad" points. For example, here is what some of my mates say:

" I bonked a girl who was on underage and pregnant the other day, definite lad points there"

" I got kicked out of a strip club for trying to finger the whore"

"I wanna get absoluted ****ed out of my head tonight and gonna get knees up in pussy"

Whilst I admit it is funny hearing all these "lad" stories, and i do reply "what a lad", I just feel under pressure that I have to do the same thing, go out and get pissed all the time and bring as many women home as possible.

The most sad thing about it and the most un-laddish thing is that I don't want to as I've been with one girl for about 4 years and then 2 months ago she split up with me, so I don't really want to hook up with a stranger and just **** them like any normal man. I want to get into a relationship, get to know the girl and when it is the right time to have sex with them and it feels right then do it.

However, all of my mates are dying for me to go out clubbing and have one night stands and want me to become an ultimate lad. They thought I was a bit of a lad before when I had my girlfriend because some of the things I use to say about us. But now I can't say those things anymore they are putting a lot of pressure to make me become one of them and be a proper lad. I had lots of banter with them the other day because 4 girls approached me trying to flirt and kiss with me and what not and I wasn't having any of it and all my mates were calling me crazy. I suppose I'm a bit embarassed, as I am getting stick for not taking advantage of drunken sluts.

All you here with guys now is lad talk and how this guys a proper lad and how she would "get it" etc. Just wondering if any guys were in the same situation? But i'd imagine some would also be "lads" on here? lol

Just wanna hear your opinion guys?

Cheers :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Your mates sound like a bunch of tossers. Sorry just being honest.
Reply 2
Mate.

It's all about the birds, booze & banter.
Pressure? What pressure? Do you not have the ability to think and act for yourself? I don't get why people still live to impress other people......
The pressures of being a ****.

Corrected.
Stand up for what you believe in :smile:
Reply 6
Think you'll find its...."knee deep" in the pussy
Original post by ShowMeYourSpine

Original post by ShowMeYourSpine
Your mates sound like a bunch of tossers. Sorry just being honest.

Agree with this completely. ^
Have a bit of spine and do what YOU want to do.
Just lie. LAD.
personally i think they sound like a bunch of idiots and they will be the ones ending up alone when no girls wants to get into a relationship with them because of their reputation. whereas you sound lovely and who alot of girls propably prefer their bf to be like.
Original post by Anonymous

Basically, everytime I'm with my mates or at work, what everyone is on about is trying to gain valuable "lad" points. For example, here is what some of my mates say:

" I bonked a girl who was on underage and pregnant the other day, definite lad points there"

"I wanna get absoluted ****ed out of my head tonight and gonna get knees up in pussy"

I'll reword these into proper English for you.

"I committed statutory rape on a pregnant girl who obviously thus had low self-esteem and a lack of self worth, I could potentially go to jail!"

"I got kicked out of an entertainment establishment for trying to molest one of the local workers."

"I'm going to drown my miserable life in alcohol so that I have the confidence to speak to other drunk women that I can potentially take advantage of. Never know. She might end up being a he when I wake up with a hangover in his bed."

How admirable!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11

Whilst I admit it is funny hearing all these "lad" stories, and i do reply "what a lad", I just feel under pressure that I have to do the same thing, go out and get pissed all the time and bring as many women home as possible.

The most sad thing about it and the most un-laddish thing is that I don't want to as I've been with one girl for about 4 years and then 2 months ago she split up with me, so I don't really want to hook up with a stranger and just **** them like any normal man. I want to get into a relationship, get to know the girl and when it is the right time to have sex with them and it feels right then do it.

However, all of my mates are dying for me to go out clubbing and have one night stands and want me to become an ultimate lad. They thought I was a bit of a lad before when I had my girlfriend because some of the things I use to say about us. But now I can't say those things anymore they are putting a lot of pressure to make me become one of them and be a proper lad. I had lots of banter with them the other day because 4 girls approached me trying to flirt and kiss with me and what not and I wasn't having any of it and all my mates were calling me crazy. I suppose I'm a bit embarassed, as I am getting stick for not taking advantage of drunken sluts.

All you here with guys now is lad talk and how this guys a proper lad and how she would "get it" etc. Just wondering if any guys were in the same situation? But i'd imagine some would also be "lads" on here? lol

Just wanna hear your opinion guys?

Cheers :smile:

You're the other type of lad- a good lad, a cool lad. Don't be swayed by them.
As a single lad looking for a girlfriend, you still need to get somewhere out there to be seen but it doesn't have to be in a nightclub. If you live in a small town and there doesn't seem like many opportunities to meet classy people, drive out to a city and see what's available. Don't drink and drive though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Your mates sound awful.
Just be yourself. :smile:
Reply 13
Your mates all sound like Jay from the Inbetweeners.
Reply 14
Your friends are definite ****LADs.

Honestly, there's nothing "lad" like about any of those things.
Ignore your friends and who cares if they call you crazy..your a good guy :smile:
Reply 16
"Lad" "Banter" "Swagger"

Eugghhh. I hate you all. So much.
Reply 17
x

Just do whatever the hell you want to do or else you'll just feel crap all the time like you have to fake being around them

Still, I can't stand "lads" and their behaviour. It's like their brains are literally in their balls. They're so predictable and boring.
Reply 18
Original post by Steezy
"Lad" "Banter" "Swagger"

Eugghhh. I hate you all. So much.

Thank you.
Reply 19
Original post by Deema
Thank you.

What ever happened to personalities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending