The Student Room Group

Rothschild 5 Month Internship 09/2011

Hi all,

I'm starting at Rothschild on their long term internship program this September. Just wanted to see if anyone else here has accepted an offer for it, or knows anyone who has?

I haven't been told which team I'll be on yet, hoping for M&A, but would be ok with Restructuring too.

Does anyone have any tips for preparing and any tips for converting??

Would also appreciate any input as to what Rothschild is like for culture, working hours etc etc. Basically any input, hot teams, sectors, divisions anything!

Thanks.
Original post by DiscountedLashFlow
Hi all,

I'm starting at Rothschild on their long term internship program this September. Just wanted to see if anyone else here has accepted an offer for it, or knows anyone who has?

I haven't been told which team I'll be on yet, hoping for M&A, but would be ok with Restructuring too.

Does anyone have any tips for preparing and any tips for converting??

Would also appreciate any input as to what Rothschild is like for culture, working hours etc etc. Basically any input, hot teams, sectors, divisions anything!

Thanks.

What year of uni are you in?

And I'm not at uni but from what I have heard Rothschild M&A in London is fantastic.
Reply 2
Hi DiscountedLashFlow,

can I ask you if you had the inverviews after the application deadline was expired or before it?
Fudge, I just graduated.

Cruel3a, i think they only interview after deadline.

Anyone got any info on Rothschild culture, workimg hours etc. Been told it's less hardcore than its american counterparts.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks for the info.

Last year, btw, I met one guy during my summer internship that was with Rothschild M&A in the spring. He just told me that hours were crazy and without a specific patter. He said that one day he may go home at 23, the following one at 4, then 1, and so on...because of this he said it was impossible to get used to it.
Original post by cruel3a
Thanks for the info.

Last year, btw, I met one guy during my summer internship that was with Rothschild M&A in the spring. He just told me that hours were crazy and without a specific patter. He said that one day he may go home at 23, the following one at 4, then 1, and so on...because of this he said it was impossible to get used to it.

Interesting. Do youknow which team he was in?
Reply 6
No idea honestly. During the summer he was in FIG M&A in another BB so maybe he already had FIG experience previously at Rothschild... but this is just an assumpton.
Original post by cruel3a
No idea honestly. During the summer he was in FIG M&A in another BB so maybe he already had FIG experience previously at Rothschild... but this is just an assumpton.

That would sound about right. Have heard FIG and Healthcare are two very intense teams at Rothschild...
Anybody else with any info about working hours, conversiom rates etc?
Reply 9
Original post by DiscountedLashFlow
Anybody else with any info about working hours, conversiom rates etc?

have you tried talking to people at your uni who may have interned there?
Hours are not really that less "hardcore" than BB IB's. I have a friend who has been there for 3 years and he still works long hours (Associate level).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending