The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Speleo
Finally, on question 8 I didn't really understand what I needed to simplify, although because there were half powers, I think c could have been 4 different values (2 half powers), but I put -3.
Lol same it said "..and simplify your answer" and i was sitting there thinking "there's nothign i can simplify!! :confused: "
Reply 41
I got x as 5/3? evryone around here has got 5/2?
I have another doubt, what did u put n as for the age question im talking bout the a and the b part where u had to find her total allowance whens shes 18.. n was 8 right?
Reply 42
Gosh i have to say C1 was almost simple but i am gutted i got out the exam and was like yes i was able to do integration and then someone said did you remember to put =c at the end i was like oh s***
Reply 43
yeah i did it as 8 but i real mucked up on some parts i got it down that she got 195000 or something!
Reply 44
overall it wasnt really bad.. and was c = -3 n e one?

--------------

oh yeah.. was the girls age 27 or 26? cuz u get n=16 thats aright and u add 11 not 10. She starts getting her allowance when she was 11. so.. 16 years have passed when she keeps on getting her allowance. So 11 + 16 .. someone say yes !!!
usman_s
overall it wasnt really bad.. and was c = -3 n e one?

--------------

oh yeah.. was the girls age 27 or 26? cuz u get n=16 thats aright and u add 11 not 10. She starts getting her allowance when she was 11. so.. 16 years have passed when she keeps on getting her allowance. So 11 + 16 .. someone say yes !!!

if I remember correctly, I think I did get that for one of the intergration questions.
anyone do aqa?
Reply 47
theres another post on aqa in this forum :smile:
Swinely
theres another post on aqa in this forum :smile:

where???
Reply 49

No it's 26. 11 is the first year, remember it's 'a+(n-1)d' not 'a+nd and the first one doesn't count'.
Piggy
Lol same it said "..and simplify your answer" and i was sitting there thinking "there's nothign i can simplify!! :confused: "

Same here. I just took out X^.5 in part of the equation. But it didnt look like simplification to me, more like complication.
Reply 52
i got -22/27 for the coordinates and wasn't her age 27!? (16+11)
16+10, the allowance started from age 11, so 11 is your n=1. when you work out n you get 16, so you add the 10 back on.
Reply 54
ok the answer was 26 years old...got the mark scheme today from college...
Reply 55
kORiNO
ok the answer was 26 years old...got the mark scheme today from college...

Mark schemes are out already? Omg.
dont suppose anyone could email me the markscheme?
Reply 57
Hey Korino.. could u type up most of the answers? plz mate !
I think the teacher must have done the paper, so its their own mark scheme?
Reply 59
helloooo! Maths was pretty good i thought, it took me about 30 mins, i had to stop myself falling asleep!

i think c = -3 as well

she was 26

-2root3<k<+2root3 for the last q

they didnt have any questions that needed any imagination, if you did plenty of practice questions then they were all just reused!! :cool:

Latest