The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical School Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor-to-be
No, Beaumont Hall. I just meant that I thought The Coppice sounds good too :-)

I'm thinking of going Beaumont too. Do you know anything more about it? (I didn't see the accommodation at the open day)
Finally got a conditional offer!!!
Leicester was my last chance and after rejections from other interviews I'd pretty much lost all hope, so I'm ridiculously happy :biggrin:

Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear, I hope you get good news :smile:
Original post by Alison1075
Leicester was my last chance and after rejections from other interviews I'd pretty much lost all hope, so I'm ridiculously happy :biggrin:

Congrats, hoped you would get in. :biggrin:
Original post by -Simon-
Congrats, hoped you would get in. :biggrin:

Thank youuuu :smile:
Right, soooo.... When should I start applying for accommodation? :biggrin:

Yeah Leicester!!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations :smile:

Major congrats :wink:
Reply 1587

Congrats!!!
Original post by Davidragon
Yeah Leicester!!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations :smile:

Original post by fallenangel
Major congrats :wink:

Original post by DoNoHarm
Congrats!!!

Thank you all :smile:
Sooo excited for september now! (providing I get the grades :s-smilie:)
Any advice on accommodation?
Original post by Davidragon
I'm thinking of going Beaumont too. Do you know anything more about it? (I didn't see the accommodation at the open day)

It wasnt open on the open day but I know a current first year and she said that Beaumont had the best bar and 2nd best social scene, GMS has the best social life and JoFo has the best accomodation but not much of an amosphere!! So excited!!
Reply 1590

You're welcome! can't wait for september! A bunch of us will be in the Coppice :smile: but all accommodations look nice!

Indeed - a few of us medics are living in the Coppice (John Foster Hall) but anywhere in Oadby will be pretty decent.

Mind you, we'll all be living together during Intro-week - so getting to know one another shouldn't be an issue if you're living away from medics.
You're welcome! can't wait for september! A bunch of us will be in the Coppice :smile: but all accommodations look nice!

Awesome, I'm thinking John Foster at the moment :smile:
Reply 1593
Awesome, I'm thinking John Foster at the moment :smile:

Awesome!!
Is there a facebook group or....?
Original post by -Simon-

I was thinking the same thing. I'd have hoped someone would have made a group, but I guess there are probably fewer of us than at other universities.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by -Simon-

I tried looking for one yesterday but couldn't find anything.

The Leicester thread does seem pretty quiet with offer holders though - for 300 offers, I can only count around 5-10 incredibly lucky people on here who are firming.
Reply 1597
I tried looking for one yesterday but couldn't find anything.

The Leicester thread does seem pretty quiet with offer holders though - for 300 offers, I can only count around 5-10 incredibly lucky people on here who are firming.

I know it looks a bit odd, doesn't it? It doesn't seem that they've handed out all the offers yet. Maybe next week more people will hear?
About the fb group, how does it work? I mean, does someone just randomly decide to create one or is it created by current students/medical school etc?
I know it looks a bit odd, doesn't it? It doesn't seem that they've handed out all the offers yet. Maybe next week more people will hear?
About the fb group, how does it work? I mean, does someone just randomly decide to create one or is it created by current students/medical school etc?

Hopefully the thread will take off then! With regards to the fbk group, someone can just randomly create it, I don't really use the site, so I'm not too sure how it works tbh. Perhaps someone will do it soon?
Reply 1599
Hopefully the thread will take off then! With regards to the fbk group, someone can just randomly create it, I don't really use the site, so I'm not too sure how it works tbh. Perhaps someone will do it soon?

Yes I hope more offers will come through soon! :smile:
with regards to fb, I'm a complete disaster with computer stuff so really can't create it! hopefully someone will be able to do it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending