The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by beckyboo.
I thought they still gave out about 850 offers from 100 interviews :/

I'm sorry I don't quite understand. Birmingham don't give offers without interview.
Reply 741
Original post by brouil
I'm sorry I don't quite understand. Birmingham don't give offers without interview.

I think a 0 is missing.

I have also had the impression that the process has changed and fewer offers are being made after interview.
From what I've heard they are interviewing a similar number of people but the course size has shrunk. I'm in the largest year group (400) but both years below me and your year are closer to the 300 mark.
Reply 742
Original post by My-My-My
I think a 0 is missing.

I have also had the impression that the process has changed and fewer offers are being made after interview.
From what I've heard they are interviewing a similar number of people but the course size has shrunk. I'm in the largest year group (400) but both years below me and your year are closer to the 300 mark.

Yeah sorry the 0 was missing, but from what i could tell at the open day they made about 850 offers but that was including intl etc. How long after interview did you hear from bham? (:
Reply 743
Yeah sorry the 0 was missing, but from what i could tell at the open day they made about 850 offers but that was including intl etc. How long after interview did you hear from bham? (:

The short answer is 2 days.
The long answer is 2 days but I was interviewed on the penultimate day of the whole process and they would know exactly how many offers they could make at that point and they could make them quickly. A friend of mine at college was interviewed in November and didn't hear fro 4 weeks, another friend was interviewed 2 days after me (the final day of interviews) and heard back the following day.
Reply 744
The short answer is 2 days.
The long answer is 2 days but I was interviewed on the penultimate day of the whole process and they would know exactly how many offers they could make at that point and they could make them quickly. A friend of mine at college was interviewed in November and didn't hear fro 4 weeks, another friend was interviewed 2 days after me (the final day of interviews) and heard back the following day.

Okay that makes sense, i was interviewed on the first day, so exactly three weeks ago, i was just curious when i might hear, but i suppose it's impossible to know.
Reply 745
Lol I got the finance email from Birmingham. I saw I had a new email from them in my inbox and for a second I got really excited thinking it was for an interview...then I remembered I didn't even apply :lol:

It took about two weeks for me to hear back, I think I was interviewed in january though :smile: I have no idea how many people get offers after interview but I am terrible at interviews. My med school interview at Birmingham is the only interview I have ever been accepted from, including an interview for tescos and a LOT of shops.. The shame! Sheffield did put me on their reserve list, but I think that's only because they interviewed me on my birthday and they felt guilty.
Reply 747
dont listen to the rumours about everyone interviewed gets in thats just silly i know a lot of people rejected its more like 60% but remember an interview means they are interested :smile:
I think a 0 is missing.

Are you certain that now its lower?
Reply 749
Had the interview today :O

Went pretty well, except did anyone else think it went incredibly quickly? The 15 minutes were up in a flash, I was really surprised when they asked me if I had any questions. :rolleyes:
Reply 750
Original post by Zubby77
Had the interview today :O

Went pretty well, except did anyone else think it went incredibly quickly? The 15 minutes were up in a flash, I was really surprised when they asked me if I had any questions. :rolleyes:

mine was done within about 8 minutes :P
Reply 751
mine was done within about 8 minutes :P

Lol wtf that seems awfully quick.

Did you give one word responses? Did they not have many questions?
Original post by .eXe

Did you apply to bham eXe?
Reply 753
Original post by oHellno
Lol I got the finance email from Birmingham. I saw I had a new email from them in my inbox and for a second I got really excited thinking it was for an interview...then I remembered I didn't even apply :lol:

I did the same, with emails from Leicester, Dundee, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Then there were the ones entitled 'Information from Birmingham' which were newsletters, so deceitful.
Original post by cz100
I did the same, with emails from Leicester, Dundee, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Then there were the ones entitled 'Information from Birmingham' which were newsletters, so deceitful.

I feel like banning everyone from e mailing me until this is all over. My heart leaps every time my phone buzzes to tell me I've got an e mail...
Reply 755
Original post by .eXe

Mine felt like a long time but it probably wasn't. I just feel worried it was more like a nice chat than an interview. Oh well what's done is done, fingers crossed it was enough.
Reply 756
Original post by JessBess
Mine felt like a long time but it probably wasn't. I just feel worried it was more like a nice chat than an interview. Oh well what's done is done, fingers crossed it was enough.

Hope you get the good news soon!
Reply 757
Original post by confused dot com
I feel like banning everyone from e mailing me until this is all over. My heart leaps every time my phone buzzes to tell me I've got an e mail...

Mostly I feel like stopping all the emails about finance until I know where I will be going.
Original post by cz100
Mostly I feel like stopping all the emails about finance until I know where I will be going.

I know what you mean. It's depressing getting this info when you don't even know if you're going to get a place for next year.
Reply 759
Original post by .eXe
Hope you get the good news soon!

Wish I was so optimistic :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending