The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by Crushy
Issues arose with handshaking... I shook all four hands when I first came in and only the main interviewer's on the way out. Controversial perhaps...

From a medical perspective, you lowered the transmission possibility of germs. +1 to you.
Reply 1181
will having an interview at a much later date (so like february onwards) disadvantage your application?
Original post by momories
will having an interview at a much later date (so like february onwards) disadvantage your application?

No.

EDIT: Why the neg rep?? A short, clear, correct answer to a question!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1183
Original post by Zubby77
Got an offer at Kings:biggrin:
I thought my Birmingham interview went better than Kings, but its hard to tell really.
And yep! (Although technically its next year, since I deferred :tongue:) :smile:

Well done on Kings! What were your GCSEs and UKCAT score?
An offer wooooo!!!!!
Original post by krispykremes
An offer wooooo!!!!!

Wait was that today just now? So I assume they've given out their offers for the day.. when was your interview?
Original post by Someone123123
Wait was that today just now? So I assume they've given out their offers for the day.. when was your interview?

No, it was at 12:45! 30th of November

When was yours?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by krispykremes
No, it was at 12:45! 30th of November

I see... and may I ask whether it's AAA or A*AA?

And congrats btw :woo:
I see... and may I ask whether it's AAA or A*AA?

And congrats btw :woo:

Sure! It's AAA, so I'm soooo happy. Thank you!
Reply 1189
For those people who had their interview a while ago (I've been waiting over a month now), has anyone phoned up to ask about their application? Also, what did you ask when you called?
Original post by Zubby77
For those people who had their interview a while ago (I've been waiting over a month now), has anyone phoned up to ask about their application? Also, what did you ask when you called?

To be honest I don't understand why people have such a problem with phoning. No offense intended at all, but if you've been waiting a month after interview and have had no update whatsoever, it could do no harm whatsoever and would be perfectly understandable for you to enquire about the status of your application..

"Hello my name is X I had my interview on the 8th November 1999 and have had no update. Could you please update me?" will do fine.
Reply 1191
To be honest I don't understand why people have such a problem with phoning. No offense intended at all, but if you've been waiting a month after interview and have had no update whatsoever, it could do no harm whatsoever and would be perfectly understandable for you to enquire about the status of your application..

"Hello my name is X I had my interview on the 8th November 1999 and have had no update. Could you please update me?" will do fine.

Lol yeah, some people fear that calling them and asking about their application would be detrimental, when in fact it will show the schools that this person is still interested and takes the initiative.

Some people are very strange
:s-smilie:
Reply 1192
Got an offer earlier today. Still buzzing :banana:
Original post by Crushy
Got an offer earlier today. Still buzzing :banana:

Congratulations!! Hope my interview goes well and I get an offer too!
Reply 1194
Original post by groovyangel2008
Congratulations!! Hope my interview goes well and I get an offer too!

Thanks, good luck!
Original post by Crushy
Thanks, good luck!

Thanks, is the interview informal? And is Bham your first choice?

I would say the interview was definately formal, compared to my Barts one.
Reply 1197

Hmm, well I can't really compare to other interviews because it's my first one but I'd say overall quite friendly and surprisingly quick. I heard a few medical students talking about how being confident and holding a conversation seemed to be important while I was waiting and just held that in mind during my interview.

Birmingham sounds like the most fun uni out of my choices so far but I'll wait and see before I commit to one uni, definitely undecided right now. I did like the general atmosphere a lot on open day/interview.
Reply 1198

Original post by .eXe
Lol yeah, some people fear that calling them and asking about their application would be detrimental, when in fact it will show the schools that this person is still interested and takes the initiative.

Some people are very strange
:s-smilie:

Yeah that's true, I guess I thought it would come across as maybe pushy, or maybe that I was demanding an offer, but you're both right I'll give them a call tomorrow :smile:
Offer!!! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending