The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by groovyangel2008
I got my offer pack on Thursday too...there was a

I got my offer back on Thursday too... I had the envelope and immunisation form in my pack. Don't think im going to return the form back until after March when I've heard from my other unis altho im pretty sure that im going to firm Bham!

Same, or it'd be two visits to the gp! I think it said we've got till June or something anyway... So glad I got my hep B done last year! (tho i did have to pay for a couple of the jabs... :mad: )
Original post by lilo891
Same, or it'd be two visits to the gp! I think it said we've got till June or something anyway... So glad I got my hep B done last year! (tho i did have to pay for a couple of the jabs... :mad: )

Yeah iv done my hep B too as I work as a HCA so had it done free with occupational health. Did you join the fb group btw and did you apply for any 4 year courses?
Reply 1562
You don't have to worry too much about getting all the jabs etc. You get appointments with occy health in first year, and they will sort out anything you still need.
Original post by ManicJM
You don't have to worry too much about getting all the jabs etc. You get appointments with occy health in first year, and they will sort out anything you still need.

Thanks for that :smile:

How are you finding Birmingham btw?
Reply 1564
Yeah iv done my hep B too as I work as a HCA so had it done free with occupational health. Did you join the fb group btw and did you apply for any 4 year courses?

I've just started as an HCA too, and persuaded them to finish yet another MMR course just to get my documentation cleared up, and since they were doing that, to do my antibody levels :smile: Worked out well in the end!

Yes i did join!*just checked and i've not been accepted yet :frown: *
I applied to oxford (reject), kings (reject) and i've got my barts interview in 10 days :/ Much as I would love birmingham, I would really prefer a 4 year course. I've just not been so great at really getting everything across at interview.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1565
Original post by ukmed108
Did you get interview by email or by UCAS or by post?[/QUO

by post. i think they are always by post.
Reply 1566
Interview 5th March!! :biggrin:
Original post by lilo891
I've just started as an HCA too, and persuaded them to finish yet another MMR course just to get my documentation cleared up, and since they were doing that, to do my antibody levels :smile: Worked out well in the end!

Yes i did join!*just checked and i've not been accepted yet :frown: *
I applied to oxford (reject), kings (reject) and i've got my barts interview in 10 days :/ Much as I would love birmingham, I would really prefer a 4 year course. I've just not been so great at really getting everything across at interview.

Good luck, is barts the 4 year course?
Obviously you are good at getting things across as you have an offer at birmingham :smile:
Reply 1568
Good luck, is barts the 4 year course?
Obviously you are good at getting things across as you have an offer at birmingham :smile:

thanks! :smile: I don't know... I was so much more relaxed at birmingham - they were so much friendlier - and they started having a chat about polar explorers in my interview!
Hope barts is friendly too. Yes it's the four year course. That makes me nervous!
Original post by lilo891
thanks! :smile: I don't know... I was so much more relaxed at birmingham - they were so much friendlier - and they started having a chat about polar explorers in my interview!
Hope barts is friendly too. Yes it's the four year course. That makes me nervous!

Good luck with barts! Hope you get it... I've heard the interviews are friendly. Don't let the fact that it is a 4 year course get you nervous. Just think of it as you already have a place somewhere (I know its a 5 year but thats still amazing) and you will definitely be studying medicine in 2012 whatever happens at your barts interview!
Let me know how you get on :smile:
Original post by My-My-My

T minus 9 days til... MEDBALL!!
I've been to beauty appointment no. 1 today (leg wax), haircut next Wednesday and spray tan next Friday :smile:
My boyfriend is coming over from France where he's studying on his year abroad this Saturday so I need to text him to remind him to pack his tux, cuff-links, bow-tie and some black socks (it's the simple things he'll forget).
We've decided as a house to chip in a fiver to buy a few bottles of ALDI's finest sparkling wine which with the champagne reception and wine with the meal should make it quite a tipsy occasion!

I'M SO EXCITED!! Can you tell I don't get out much?

**** that, i'm just turning up at 5 and making the most of the unlimited free champagne!
Still heard nothing :frown:
Chances look VERY slim now.
Original post by Insanity514
Still heard nothing :frown:
Chances look VERY slim now.

Same :frown:
Reply 1573
Don't lose hope! I had too but then I received an interview invite yesterday.
Original post by Crushy
According to the online application: "Once your application is fully "Submitted" you cannot update or cancel it. " Was just about to submit some quickly-researched choices for updating later until I read that...

you could email the accommodation services and they make the changes for you. :smile:
I did this last year.
Original post by gozatron
**** that, i'm just turning up at 5 and making the most of the unlimited free champagne!

Ahh to be a fresher... I remember that feeling just 2 years ago, now look what they've done to me (BAB and CAN in 2nd year were the main culprits) :tongue:

It's not free, you paid £60 quid remember??

Ahh to be a fresher... I remember that feeling just 2 years ago, now look what they've done to me (BAB and CAN in 2nd year were the main culprits) :tongue:

It's not free, you paid £60 quid remember??

Point taken, i'll simply drink £60 worth of champagne and the night basically pays for itself!

Can't wait for BAB and CAN, MJM is screwing me over at the moment!
Hey guys,

this is my first interview (less than a week), i'm really nervous and was wondering if there's any tips you (those who have been/or preparing for an interview) could give? :/

And is it true they give you a scientific question pre interview??

XOXO
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1578
Woo got an offer - had my interview exactly 2 weeks ago. Good luck to everyone else :smile:
Reply 1579
offer!!:dancing:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending