The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

For the scoring of section 3, would 2.5C = 2B? or even 2A? Or would they require minimum of 2.5 and the minimum of C?
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
For the scoring of section 3, would 2.5C = 2B? or even 2A? Or would they require minimum of 2.5 and the minimum of C?

Yeah I think they require 2.5 and either C, B or A :yep:
Original post by ViceVersa
4.5-5.0, youu?

Yeah, I'm pretty much on the same boat. 5.2 on a lucky day :tongue: But with my kind of luck, I'm probably going to get run over on Wednesday.

It has to be 2.5B (or higher), I'm afraid. I think there's someone in here who got rejected with 2A and I know someone who got rejected with 3.5C.
Original post by Moonlight19
Yeah, I'm pretty much on the same boat. 5.2 on a lucky day :tongue: But with my kind of luck, I'm probably going to get run over on Wednesday.

It has to be 2.5B (or higher), I'm afraid. I think there's someone in here who got rejected with 2A and I know someone who got rejected with 3.5C.

That's good! I've kinda given up now. I just don't know what to do anymore. I haven't even finished physics gcse revision yet :\

He must've had a lower score in other section as cut-off was 2.5C
That's good! I've kinda given up now. I just don't know what to do anymore. I haven't even finished physics gcse revision yet :\

From what I've come across (in the past papers etc), I think physics questions are among the easiest (and sometimes hardest) ones. At least you can prepare for Section 2, I just don't know what to do about section 1, lol.
He must've had a lower score in other section as cut-off was 2.5C

My bad! I keep thinking it was section 3, but, you're right. I think he had a lower score for Section 1.
From what I've come across (in the past papers etc), I think physics questions are among the easiest (and sometimes hardest) ones. At least you can prepare for Section 2, I just don't know what to do about section 1, lol.

Lol I'm less worried about section 1 than section 2 lol. How have you been revising?
Lol I'm less worried about section 1 than section 2 lol. How have you been revising?

The 400 BMAT Qs book and GCSE revision guides. I've got the official book too, but it's worth fluff. There are like 2 questions in there for each section :/

What about you?
The 400 BMAT Qs book and GCSE revision guides. I've got the official book too, but it's worth fluff. There are like 2 questions in there for each section :/

What about you?

Just the Kaplan book and the Official guide. Do you think I'm missing out from using the 400q book? :/
Original post by mrcool1995
i got 7A* and 3 A at gcse, 670 at UKAT and A*,A,A prediction...assuming i meet the cutof point for BMAT will i get an interview/offer?

Your UKCAT isn't looked at by Imp lol :smile: but yeah sounds like you will, provided your ps is also decent :smile:
Just the Kaplan book and the Official guide. Do you think I'm missing out from using the 400q book? :/

I'm actually finding it very useful, though I'm not sure how it'd compare with the Kaplan book. I've heard the Kaplan one is not very representative of the actual test?

Original post by mrcool1995
i got 7A* and 3 A at gcse, 670 at UKAT and A*,A,A prediction...assuming i meet the cutof point for BMAT will i get an interview/offer?

Given that you meet the BMAT cut off, I don't see why you will not be interviewed (unless other aspects of your applications that you have not mentioned, such as PS etc, are just outright horrible). And they don't look at your UKCAT. I don't see why you wouldn't stand a fair chance; but then I'm no admissions tutor :tongue:
I'm actually finding it very useful, though I'm not sure how it'd compare with the Kaplan book. I've heard the Kaplan one is not very representative of the actual test?

I heard it was the other way around :\
I heard it was the other way around :\

I'm not sure then :s-smilie:

Oh well, good luck with the test anyway! :smile:
I'm not sure then :s-smilie:

Oh well, good luck with the test anyway! :smile:

Thanks, yeah I'll need it too. In huge amounts, lol.
Original post by d3ano
I'm ICL and Cam too :smile:
What college guys?
Also, does anyone know what gives an applicant the edge for Imperial? :smile:

Jesus college :biggrin:

Yea for Imperial you need pretty much half marks in all the BMAT sections, or they won't even consider you for interview apparently :s-smilie:
Reply 337
Original post by WoefullyUninspired
Jesus college :biggrin:

Yea for Imperial you need pretty much half marks in all the BMAT sections, or they won't even consider you for interview apparently :s-smilie:

Oh dear :/ that's not good, section 1 is hard!
I'm a good essay writer though, so section 3 should be okay, however can anyone enlighten me about what's the best approach for the essay?

Please and danke!:colondollar:
Original post by d3ano
Oh dear :/ that's not good, section 1 is hard!
I'm a good essay writer though, so section 3 should be okay, however can anyone enlighten me about what's the best approach for the essay?

Please and danke!:colondollar:

Section 1 is hard? LOL. That 'thing' is completely incomprehensible :tongue:
Reply 339

Section 1 is hard? LOL. That 'thing' is completely incomprehensible :tongue:

This. It's impossible!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending