The Student Room Group

Guys, how much money do you spend on your girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ak137
lol :biggrin: im not a pathaan but i know loads! stupid pathaans, dont know how to spell their caste name :tongue: joking :smile:

:biggrin:

:ashamed:

oh so your one of those paki's that hang out with a group of pathaans haha.
dont take the paki think as a racist remark. i cba to write the full word down.
Reply 81
Original post by catty khan
oh so your one of those paki's that hang out with a group of pathaans haha.
dont take the paki think as a racist remark. i cba to write the full word down.

Ahhh shut up pathaan. :smile:
Original post by ak137
Ahhh shut up pathaan. :smile:

huh if you no who i was lol you would be taking that back ya paki :colone:
Reply 83
Original post by catty khan
huh if you no who i was lol you would be taking that back ya paki :colone:

Shush :yep: :biggrin: lool
Original post by ak137
Shush :yep: :biggrin: lool

fat blob lol. rukshaaa im off!
Reply 85
my ex use to all pretend he forgot his wallet :|

so I ended up paying.
I once spent like £70 or something on a bag and some perfume for xmas and then £80 for a charm bracelet and a charm the next xmas, but usually spent a bit less for her birthday for some reason lol. All in all though I didnt spend that much more on her than she did on me
(Girl in the relationship)
I get the feeling I spend a little more because I do all the driving. Then again, I have more funds to spend (more loan/grant, and a better paid summer job) so I see that as only fair - especially cause a lot of that money I haven't exactly earnt myself! He would try to spend more on me, but I insist on paying him back.

There are occassions/periods where he will spend more (eg: receives a paycheck), and visa versa - but tbh we don't keep close tabs on it, because it is not that important. Ultimately my (our?) goal is for our finances to become shared, so in the long run it doesn't matter.. unless we split up in which case I won't feel hard done by cause as I say, it's roughly fair.

I resent the stereotype that all women want to milk their bfs for money. Sadly it is true that a large number of women think that this is their right just because they are female.. But equally I know many others like myself, and that's a growing trend.

Firstly it wouldn't be fair to my boyfriend to expect him to fork out, just because he is male. I view that as sexism.
Secondly, I feel it wouldn't be fair to my view of myself. I am a human being, capable of making my own means, and not to be purchased. I could never date someone who thought it was their place to lavish me with gifts, and my place to.. well, you know. I think that's where the culture of men paying for everything arises from, which is just further reason for me to dislike it, aside from egalitarianism ofc.

I will go anon, because I don't want to be seen to be boasting that I often spend more or disrespecting my bf in any way (I think our finances are rather our private matter) - I just want to help to disprove the stereotype.
Reply 88
sorry, it's an old thread... didnt notice. sorry for intruding
(edited 10 years ago)
My psycho ex got me £30 worth in monster energy drinks and that's about the most romantic thing anyone of my 'boyfriends' has done for me hahah
I don't like being paid for or being bought little gifts anyway,I'm more of a sentimental person like framed pictures etc, I could never ask a boyfriend to pay for my nails and hair and everything cosmetic, if I want it I'll pay for it myself :yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I spend more on my boyfriend overall. We offer about the same but I tend to insist harder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending