Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by tehforum
List the options available.

Never mind, managed to sort it out. Thanks anyway!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 381
Anyone getting a Warwick bursary? Can't find that on the mywarwick thing. The £2000 fee waiver showed up though...
Original post by Ree69
Me. :rolleyes:

me too :smile:
Reply 383
Has anyone got any opinions on the Freshers Party - will it be worth £20 (since I'm not buying a pass) ?
Original post by uxa595
Anyone getting a Warwick bursary? Can't find that on the mywarwick thing. The £2000 fee waiver showed up though...

Yea, I got an email about the bursary yesterday and I think student finance are going to send out a letter about it (I saw it in the 'correspondence' section) It showed up on enrolment but I havent really worked out how to use my.warwick yet!
Reply 385
Original post by CJAW
Has anyone got any opinions on the Freshers Party - will it be worth £20 (since I'm not buying a pass) ?

Bloodyhell, that's steep!
Original post by CJAW

So you're saying you would much rather go to that than Pulp Fiction at our wonderful student cinema? :sad:

Spoiler

Reply 387
Original post by MHRed
Bloodyhell, that's steep!

Yeah ikr, actually £19 but still!

Original post by Nirgilis
So you're saying you would much rather go to that than Pulp Fiction at our wonderful student cinema? :sad:

I'd probably actually prefer that tbh
(edited 11 years ago)
Is it worth buying a freshers band?
Original post by TheJ0ker
Is it worth buying a freshers band?

I've just bought one! Was wondering whether it was worth it at all but it is so much more convenient than buying individual tickets since you can just turn up to an event whenever you feel like it rather than having to go and buy them. Saves queuing too! But it also depends on how many events you're planning on going to during freshers fortnight!
WOAH! What just happened to TSR :eek::eek::eek:
Original post by needhelp1234
WOAH! What just happened to TSR :eek::eek::eek:

Use the 'page guide' feature on the right to find out :awesome:
Original post by PhillipineWF
I've just bought one! Was wondering whether it was worth it at all but it is so much more convenient than buying individual tickets since you can just turn up to an event whenever you feel like it rather than having to go and buy them. Saves queuing too! But it also depends on how many events you're planning on going to during freshers fortnight!

Yeah agreed, I've just bought mine xD
Hi everyone, im a current second year Warwick student, so please, if you have any questions about freshers or warwick university in general, don't hesitate to ask away!! :biggrin:
Reply 394
Hey, I've already posted a comment about uncertainty over modules (sorry!) but if there any fellow Lit or Lit/Theatre students, could you give me a hand? I have to choose between The Epic Tradition and Modern World Literature (which I can't!) but the problem is that on the website there is info for 2012/13 of MWL but not for Epic -- anyone have any clues on where to get up-to-date info? Should I just email the department? :s-smilie: Thank you!
Original post by hotshot45
Hi everyone, im a current second year Warwick student, so please, if you have any questions about freshers or warwick university in general, don't hesitate to ask away!! :biggrin:

Do most people by the freshers wristband!? DOes it include drinks inside the venue or simply entry? Thanks!
Original post by Mousebudden
Do most people by the freshers wristband!? DOes it include drinks inside the venue or simply entry? Thanks!

not everyone buys the wristband but if you're keen on going to a good deal of the events on at the SU in those first 2 weeks (5 or 6 plus the freshers party) i'd recommend it. By the second week some groups start venturing off campus for nights out in Leamington and Coventry and it is a shame to feel obliged to go to an SU event because you've paid for it if others are going elsewhere. But since most stay on campus during freshers it shouldn't be a problem. Another factor is not knowing what events your hall mates will want to go to so buying individual tickets is a risk, whilst the band covers them all provided you're there by 11. As for what's included, just entry im afraid but drinks aren't expensive
Reply 397

My question above please!
not everyone buys the wristband but if you're keen on going to a good deal of the events on at the SU in those first 2 weeks (5 or 6 plus the freshers party) i'd recommend it. By the second week some groups start venturing off campus for nights out in Leamington and Coventry and it is a shame to feel obliged to go to an SU event because you've paid for it if others are going elsewhere. But since most stay on campus during freshers it shouldn't be a problem. Another factor is not knowing what events your hall mates will want to go to so buying individual tickets is a risk, whilst the band covers them all provided you're there by 11. As for what's included, just entry im afraid but drinks aren't expensive

Thanks a lot for the reply. What are the sort of price ranges on drinks?
Reply 399
I would definitely suggest lots of pre-gaming, using the drinks there only to "top up." Regardless of how they are priced, drinking your own stuff beforehand will unquestionably be more economical.

EDIT: Sorry, American here, by pre-gaming I mean drinking before you actually leave for the party/club/bar/event. Not sure what the British term is.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest