The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

If any of you are in for MORSE or MathStat, join the group here!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/467669153245380/
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
MMath here with JM / Westwood / Sherbourne. He's still shredding his guitar in celebration in the attic :smile:
Reply 162
Original post by Mel3195
Hey :smile:
I'm only going to be 17 for freshers :/
Will this be much of a problem? On the SU website it basically says that all events are 18+ :/

I have this problem too :frown:. I would hate to be excluded from stuff cuz of my age
Original post by MHRed
I'm also going for maths :smile:

Rootes was first choice, and then after that I can't really remember :frown: I think I put the new one down somewhere!

When're people moving in, btw, and is maths the latest course to start or something? 4th Oct seems an age away!

29th or 30th or sept, depending on surname i think. Freshers starts that weekend too.
Original post by Churchgirl
I'm taking a gap year now so will start uni next year.
I plan on doing biomedical science.
Anyone else starting next year too?
I'd like to make a few friends before starting!

Thanks

Yess! starting in 2013 after my gap year to study history! so we will be in freshers together :smile:
First off, congratulations to everyone who's achieved their place. Good work! I hope to see you about! (And don't forget to check out the student cinema - a trailer of this coming term's in my sig)

Original post by hannah.austin
I lived in Arthur Vick :smile: How about you?

I lived in AV too, that's where I recognise your name from :ninja: . Sorry to be of bother :tongue:

Original post by Mel3195
Hey :smile:
I'm only going to be 17 for freshers :/
Will this be much of a problem? On the SU website it basically says that all events are 18+ :/

Check out this thread. There does currently seem to be some confusion as to what will happen. All the events do say 18+, but then there was an example of someone getting into all the freshers events.

Original post by MHRed

When're people moving in, btw, and is maths the latest course to start or something? 4th Oct seems an age away!

The weekend of the 29th and 30th is arrivals weekend. They will say arrive depending on surname, but do actually turn up on the Saturday regardless. You miss out on that Saturday night otherwise and you have no time to adjust to your new surroundings considering lectures start on that Monday :holmes:
Reply 166
STILL. CAN'T. BELIEVE! I got into Warwick to study maths - this is a dream!!

Can't wait! I loved everyone at Warwick everytime I visited - it just feels like home somehow :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 167
Original post by Femto

Can't wait! I loved everyone at Warwick everytime I visited - it just feels like home somehow :tongue:

THIS! Describes how I feel totally.

Still gobsmacked that I got in. And now I can finally have a look at this thread; was afraid I'd jinx it if I looked before being confirmed.. :colondollar:
Reply 168
Original post by JoshC.
THIS! Describes how I feel totally.

Still gobsmacked that I got in. And now I can finally have a look at this thread; was afraid I'd jinx it if I looked before being confirmed.. :colondollar:

Mathmo too? :wink:
Reply 169
Original post by Femto
Mathmo too? :wink:

Of course - Warwick Mathmos rule! :tongue:
Reply 170
Original post by JoshC.
Of course - Warwick Mathmos rule! :tongue:

They are pretty cool cats indeed. *high five*
Reply 171
I'm 95% sure that, for theatre studies, term starts on the 1st of October, but does anyone know when we move in?
Also, I assumed that the 1st of October was when fresher's week started but is it different?
Original post by Meeeck
I'm 95% sure that, for theatre studies, term starts on the 1st of October, but does anyone know when we move in?
Also, I assumed that the 1st of October was when fresher's week started but is it different?

All courses start on the 1st October. You can move in on 29th/30th (it's supposedly organised by surname but if I were you I'd go on the Saturday).
Warwick doesn't have a freshers week but a fortnight which is filled with events but unfortunately you still have to attend your lectures in those first couple of weeks (it's not going to be too hard though :P )
:smile:
Reply 173
Original post by hannah.austin
All courses start on the 1st October. You can move in on 29th/30th (it's supposedly organised by surname but if I were you I'd go on the Saturday).
Warwick doesn't have a freshers week but a fortnight which is filled with events but unfortunately you still have to attend your lectures in those first couple of weeks (it's not going to be too hard though :P )
:smile:

Sorry to ask questions, must get annoying.

But just to clarify, that fortnight commences in October right? Also, I'm going to study maths and it says on UCAS my course starts on the 4th Oct.? Sorry just a bit confused about it all.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Femto
Sorry to ask questions, must get annoying.

But just to clarify, that fortnight commences in October right? Not before the 4th Oct. (It says my course starts on the 4th of October on UCAS)? Sorry just a bit confused about it all.

Ask anything. There're always people here willing to help you :yep: . But track is useless, don't listen to it. Arrivals weekend is the 29th/30th of September (but as Hannah said, it's better to arrive on the 29th if you can). Lectures will start on the 1st October. Freshers stuff technically starts on the 29th, but will happen for the two weeks after that, alongside your lectures (yes, that means getting up for a 9am lecture after a night out till 2/3am or something). Have fun! :tongue:
Reply 175
Original post by Nirgilis
Ask anything. There're always people here willing to help you :yep: . But track is useless, don't listen to it. Arrivals weekend is the 29th/30th of September (but as Hannah said, it's better to arrive on the 29th if you can). Lectures will start on the 1st October. Freshers stuff technically starts on the 29th, but will happen for the two weeks after that, alongside your lectures (yes, that means getting up for a 9am lecture after a night out till 2/3am or something). Have fun! :tongue:

Thanks very much! I look forward to it - I'll get joining instructions through the post soon apparently so I'll see what it says :wink:
Reply 176
Original post by Femto

That is a really nice sentiment to have.
Original post by Femto

I still feel the same after a year of being there - you will LOVE it! :smile:
Original post by Nirgilis

I GOT INTO WARWICK FOR CHEMISTRY. :biggrin: I just thought that you would like to know as a fellow Warwick chemist! :biggrin: I also saw earlier in this post that you lived in Arthur Vick? (at least I think I read that!) Arthur Vick is my first choice accommodation! :smile: Do you know when we find out about where we are living? thanks xD and thanks for the timetable you sent me recently, I can actually read it now reading that that is what I am doing! :biggrin:
I got in for Philosophy, over the moon and can't wait to start! Bit disappointed that the lectures are in freshers week (or that freshers week interferes with lectures-however you want to look at it!)

Anyone else for philosophy??

Quick Reply

Latest