The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

ciara
Hmmm I'm going to be tres controversial and rate the degrees, from my limited experience...

MYTH (clearly)
med/vet med/dentistry
engineering/law
the more 'traditional' science courses (maths, chem etc)
humanities
other arts
social sciences that aren't law
the less traditional sciences (psychology)
courses that intellectual snobs like myself don't like: history of art, drama, early childhood studies etc

Surely the whole point of this thread is to highlight the fact that ranking different degrees like this is pointless, impossible and unfair? :p:

Just like a lawyer to completely miss the point. :biggrin:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
susiemakemeblue
Surely the whole point of this thread is to highlight the fact that ranking different degrees like this is pointless, impossible and unfair? :p:

Just like a lawyer to completely miss the point. :biggrin:

:rolleyes: just cos I didn't put English at the top.

I think it's possible to an extent to rank the workload of degrees...not that specifically though. Or are you trying to tell me that the workload for drama compares to medicine?

Just to reiterate: Myth is hardest. Followed by Law.
ciara
:rolleyes: just cos I didn't put English at the top.

I think it's possible to an extent to rank the workload of degrees...not that specifically though. Or are you trying to tell me that the workload for drama compares to medicine?

Just to reiterate: Myth is hardest. Followed by Law.

Neither of us do drama or medicine, so how can either of us possibly say? I couldn't care less about drama OR medicine...

...but my friend's law essay titles look a damn sight easier than my English ones!

*runs away*

--------------

Anyway, the poll shows that my subject is clearly the hardest. Yay for wordiness! :biggrin:
Reply 23
susiemakemeblue
Neither of us do drama or medicine, so how can either of us possibly say? I couldn't care less about drama OR medicine...

...but my friend's law essay titles look a damn sight easier than my English ones!

*runs away*

I admit that our essay titles have been ok actually, they're reasonably general cos we get asked about a huge topic at once.. English essays are obviously going to be a lot more specific! Our coursework questions take the piss though, and they're the ones that count. The property question is 2.5 sides long so quite complicated. Grr i hate coursework :frown:.

susiemakemeblue
Anyway, the poll shows that my subject is clearly the hardest. Yay for wordiness! :biggrin:

Unoriginality more like. Cmon people, stop voting for the obvious!

On another note, our bathroom absolutely reeks of weed. The stoners can't be back already!
ciara
I admit that our essay titles have been ok actually, they're reasonably general cos we get asked about a huge topic at once.. English essays are obviously going to be a lot more specific! Our coursework questions take the piss though, and they're the ones that count. The property question is 2.5 sides long so quite complicated. Grr i hate coursework :frown:.

Unoriginality more like. Cmon people, stop voting for the obvious!

On another note, our bathroom absolutely reeks of weed. The stoners can't be back already!

2.5 sides long????

My last essay was 13 pages long and that was a 3,000 word one. I have a 3,000 word one and a 4,000 word one due in on the same day in week 2. :p:

I rest my case. (And no, I'm not a lawyer. :p: I haven't done my GDL yet. :wink: )
Reply 25
susiemakemeblue
2.5 sides long????

My last essay was 13 pages long and that was a 3,000 word one. I have a 3,000 word one and a 4,000 word one due in on the same day in week 2. :p:

I rest my case. (And no, I'm not a lawyer. :p: I haven't done my GDL yet. :wink: )

Erm, no. The question is 2.5 sides long. The answer has to be 2500 words, and it's going to be impossible to keep it that short.
Reply 26
They are quite good at responding at emails I sent them one after some confusion with my LNAT and they said they now have my results and will get back to me soon. But I reckon that because I am an international student it might be slower unfortunately
I agree with ciaras list, everyone knows some subjects are just harder on the old mind. Tho i personalluy couldnt do english or history cus im crap at essays, and they probebly couldn't do medicine cus its damn complicated. Each to their own
Reply 28
wednesburywench
I agree with ciaras list, everyone knows some subjects are just harder on the old mind. Tho i personalluy couldnt do english or history cus im crap at essays, and they probebly couldn't do medicine cus its damn complicated. Each to their own

Exactly, I don't have the Chem A level to do medicine -I just wouldn't have a clue what was going on! And I'm guessing it would be the same for you and history.

But, I do actually think medics and engineers have it the hardest.
Reply 29
Wheres the option for everyone else's is harder than mine cos I picked a slack subject?
Reply 30
On the difficulty of drama thing again- my flatmate's a dramatist so i should know- they have the same, if not more contact hours than medics and also get set heap loads of written work to do. I'd say mine is probably one of the easiest degrees and I'm so utterly anguished that there wasn't an option for 'not mine'. I barely do anything... jealous?
Reply 31
rosellen
On the difficulty of drama thing again- my flatmate's a dramatist so i should know- they have the same, if not more contact hours than medics and also get set heap loads of written work to do. I'd say mine is probably one of the easiest degrees and I'm so utterly anguished that there wasn't an option for 'not mine'. I barely do anything... jealous?

Do you do archaelogy by any chance?! My flatmate does, and he actually does nothing!
what do you do?

--------------

and no way could i do history lol
Reply 33
History is more annoying and frustrating than anything else.... if i read any more about what people have said about the French Revolution I must just explode.
Honestly, doing too much history does 'things' to you...
as does too much bloody science...I couldn't sleep last night for random molecule names going round in my head....please no more enzymes :frown:
Reply 35
Haha yeah my friend does archaeology and does nothing!

Too much law drives me insane...I'm never gonna remember most of this :frown:.
all together now lets scream.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mmy heads gona explode
wednesburywench
as does too much bloody science...I couldn't sleep last night for random molecule names going round in my head....please no more enzymes :frown:

Better than bits of weird poetry chanting themselves at you all night long.
lol! were all going crazzzzzzy
We are indeed. I wish I could write my essays on something nice and simple, like Peter Rabbit!

Latest

Trending

Trending