The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I'm in my first year doing Law at King's, so ask me anything :smile: I got in via Ucas adjustment, by the way!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 141
Original post by bittersweet16
I'm in my first year doing Law at King's, so ask me anything :smile: I got in via Ucas adjustment, by the way!

What's UCAS adjustment? :smile:
Reply 142
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
do you mean how it says that all applicants interviewed are made offers (are those the ones you are referring to?) - coz they seem pretty relaxed then if everyone interviewed gets an offer, like it must be more just checking you actually wanna go there right? :smile:

It says on the KCL website, specifically history, that all students who have receive an offer will be interviewed..
Original post by Lewis :D
What's UCAS adjustment? :smile:

If you get grades that are better than your firm choice, you can apply to a better uni. For example, my firm choice was Southampton with AAA, but I did better than that so went to Kings instead.
i'm applying for business/management.. super nervous about not getting in :/
I had a 3.5 GPA and am waiting on my latest SAT scores, hoping to send in my apps at the end of the month.. how hard is it to get into? If i meet minimum requirements on SAT scores and have a strong personal statement do i have a fair shot?
FREAKING OUT!!!!
Original post by Maddog Jones
This is my favourite Uni, definitely my 1st choice :biggrin:

Applying for International Politics, standard offer AAB, predicted A*AA :smile:

Hi there! I saw you're also applying for IP at King's

where else did you apply?

Have you sent your application? I just sent mine today, nervous and excited now!
I'm also predicted A*AA :biggrin:

good luck and hope you get in!
Reply 146
Just had an acknowledgement off King's :biggrin:
Just had an acknowledgement off King's :biggrin:

I got mine the other day as well :biggrin: I love their little application portal! Its so cool :biggrin:
Reply 148
Original post by Med_Geek
I got mine the other day as well :biggrin: I love their little application portal! Its so cool :biggrin:

Me too! I'm just scared I'll forget about it. If they require more info will they just post it there, or will it also be delivered to your email inbox? :smile:
Me too! I'm just scared I'll forget about it. If they require more info will they just post it there, or will it also be delivered to your email inbox? :smile:

well I messaged them on the portal and they messaged me back, but I had to go back and check it myself. They only sent a notification email after like 12 hours haha. Its best to keep on checking it :smile:
Wow, you are all sending your applications off early! Good luck everyone. :smile: It's a bit strange to see everyone in the same situation as I was in last year. If you have any questions please ask away :smile:.

What courses are you all applying for?
Original post by chr1stopher11
Wow, you are all sending your applications off early! Good luck everyone. :smile: It's a bit strange to see everyone in the same situation as I was in last year. If you have any questions please ask away :smile:.

What courses are you all applying for?

medicine :biggrin:
Original post by Med_Geek
medicine :biggrin:

Woo! I've met so many medics so far it is insane - especially in my halls as it seems like half of them are medics. Good luck - I've heard it's quite competitive. :smile: Where else have u applied to?
Reply 153
Original post by alphabetfool
i'm applying for business/management.. super nervous about not getting in :/
I had a 3.5 GPA and am waiting on my latest SAT scores, hoping to send in my apps at the end of the month.. how hard is it to get into? If i meet minimum requirements on SAT scores and have a strong personal statement do i have a fair shot?
FREAKING OUT!!!!

What AP grades do you have?
Reply 154
I actually just had a last minute change of heart and am applying to U of Leeds instead seeeing as I'll probably have a better chance there. I hate that you can only pick 5. grrrrr.
Original post by chr1stopher11
Woo! I've met so many medics so far it is insane - especially in my halls as it seems like half of them are medics. Good luck - I've heard it's quite competitive. :smile: Where else have u applied to?

St Andrews, Leicester, Newcastle/Durham. QMUL is my fifth choice for medical genetics :smile:
Reply 156
Just got my 'myApplication' login! Scary stuff!
Got my acknowledgement and myApplication login for Portuguese, Brazilian Studies & French :biggrin:
Original post by BlackPoison94
Applying for Maths and Physics here!

Same! What are your grades like?
Reply 159
Original post by Jackasaurus Rex
Biochemistry. One of my friends wants to be a journalist and he's applying for Law. He wasn't sure what would get him into journalism and he was told you could go into almost anything with Law and it looks really good.

Oooh cool one my friends wants to go into biochemistry too. Law? Wow yeah I am not surprised Law would look really good, my mother has a Law degree it was hard work but obviously it was worth it :smile: By the way how many UCAS points does one need to get into Kings?

Quick Reply

Latest