The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
sadly done no revision today :frown: but been playing basketball from 10 while 7 ( an hour break for dinner :L ) ..which means more revision to be done tomorrow :frown:

I haven't done any revision today either even though I have a religious studies exam on Tuesday and even though its easy you still need to revise for it because you have to know the reasons to answer the questions,whatever they could be and know the keys works.I have just done my French homework on MyWorks though and it really seems as if MyWorks is taking over the school(I've already had it for Science,Business (in class task not homework) and now French)-soon It might take over MyMaths and you might have homework set on there instead of MyMaths.
I've been revising a bit for the music exam tomorrow, but not loads. I hope that I'll be ok. I'm fine with a B as I can maybe get A's in the composition and performance. This only counts for 20% as well.

Though listening's pretty hard so :s-smilie:

The school's really unorganised as well. I have no idea where I'm going or anything as they've changed everything around. No one in my form has the same exam either. I guess I'll just go a little earlier than I need to and walk around looking for other people or something...

I wasn't really scared when I did the maths exam, but for this I am. I don't feel like I really know much or anything.

I miss maths and physics for the exam which is ok as I don't like them, but it'll mean that I'll have to go to physics and pick up my past paper which should have been marked. I've done rubbish in that so I don't want to go and face the teacher. :L

Can't wait until the exam and everything's over. July'll be lovely to actually have a normal life again - I hate GCSEs so much!!
ANYBODY doing a Biology resit on the 12th.
Or science exams on the 15th / 18th June ?

I'm a new member on here and this is my very first post. Sorry, I thought that was relevant xD
Original post by infiniteflame

I'm a new member on here and this is my very first post. Sorry, I thought that was relevant xD

Welcome to TSR! :biggrin: I'm not doing those exams, sorry :smile:

But what you said is relevant, don't worry :smile:

Hi, welcome! :awesome: Not doing any exams then though :smile: What board are you on?

they sound like the science exams I'm doing-AQA New Specification.
Reply 2766
hey:smile:
i took art, history, french, spanish, rs and the compulsorys
my first is this tuesday and im so nervous cause im not that great at rs:eek::s-smilie:
anyways good luck too everyone :smile:
Reply 2767
Original post by Dalek1099
I haven't done any revision today either even though I have a religious studies exam on Tuesday and even though its easy you still need to revise for it because you have to know the reasons to answer the questions,whatever they could be and know the keys works.I have just done my French homework on MyWorks though and it really seems as if MyWorks is taking over the school(I've already had it for Science,Business (in class task not homework) and now French)-soon It might take over MyMaths and you might have homework set on there instead of MyMaths.

i find it so hard to concentrate when i revise :frown:
Reply 2768
Original post by Dougieowner
CURRENT YEAR 10 THREAD (2011/2012)

Hi there everyone! :biggrin:

So, there's been "Current Year" threads for quite a while now and I thought that I may as well create one for the Year 10's of 2011/2012! This is where we can hang out and discuss stuff! I wish you all the best of luck as we all move from Year 9 into Year 10!

I'm not sure if I'm excited or not about moving into Year 10. I'm not excited about starting GCSE exams that actually count, but hopefully I'll be able to work really hard in order to achieve the grades that I want. I'd like to be a vet in the future, so I'm going to have to try my best as it's a very competitive career.

I actually started my GCSE courses last year, but what did all you lot pick for your GCSE options? I chose Spanish, French, Food Tech, Music and Drama. I'm enjoying most of them. I love Spanish and Food Tech, and I'm probably best at those two subjects and enjoy them most. I'm ok at French, but I'm not as good at it as I am with Spanish. With Drama I don't like my teacher and he's very boring. Finally, Music is a very unorganised department and I can be OCD about unorganised things, so obviously I find the subject slightly annoying. I don't think the teachers are great (they favour certain people too and leave most people like me out, basically trying to say that we're unwanted when we're actually better grade-wise than the people that the teachers favour). It's a shame that the music and drama teachers aren't good when it's meant to be a performing arts academy. -.-

If you've started doing your option courses already, how are they all going for you? What are your grades like in them?

So, that's about all I've got to say for now. I hope you enjoy this thread and it'll be nice to chat with other Year 10's, I'm sure.

Enjoy! 8D

Im new here, and im nervous for my GCSE's next week! Any advice on how to keep calm? :smile:

hello and welcome :L<3 im taking biology AQA on 12th ( re-sit) and chemistry aswell (1st sitting ) :biggrin:<3

however im staring to panic so do you know any good websites i could use to revise ( NOT BBC bitesize - it isnt in depth enough ) or do you have any revision material ? <3
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2770
Well, my speaking exam could have gone better. I forgot what jumper was -_-
Original post by Lisa:)
hey:smile:
i took art, history, french, spanish, rs and the compulsorys
my first is this tuesday and im so nervous cause im not that great at rs:eek::s-smilie:
anyways good luck too everyone :smile:

Oh me too! religion and life right?
Reply 2772
First exam was today, Edexcel Biology. It was okay, disappointed with the lack of some topics though!!
Did anyone do the RE exam today? How'd you find it and what is everyone revising for right now? +++ HOW DO YOU REVISE ENGLISH!?!
Original post by studsandposes
+++ HOW DO YOU REVISE ENGLISH!?!

You don't :colonhash: Just read a load of good texts (newspapers, etc.) and try to mimick their structure. If you're good at that anyway, then no problem! :ahee:
Hello 10's, how are your exams going? Providing that you've sat one, of course! :biggrin:
Original post by MangoFreak
You don't :colonhash: Just read a load of good texts (newspapers, etc.) and try to mimick their structure. If you're good at that anyway, then no problem! :ahee:

Okey, I meant English Lit

+ Exams are so far so good, anyone done the RE exam? :P
Okey, I meant English Lit

+ Exams are so far so good, anyone done the RE exam? :P

I did the RE exam but just as a warning note-you aren't allowed to talk about the exam yet!!!
Ooo my gosh, how come?
Ooo my gosh, how come?

some people,around the world,won't have took the RE exam.

Latest