The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by themancunian
It seems our year has a varied group of future scientists! From theoretical physicists to biologists and to chemical engineers! Science is truly fun.

Yep! We've covered all the sciences... Now we need a mathematician (although I LOVE Maths) I would not want to limit myself to that, as chemical engineering entails maths, physics and chemistry! Along with other fundamental skills :biggrin:
Night all! :biggrin: I'll reply tomorrow (maybe now) see ya! :biggrin:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Aah, I love maths, but you are amazing at English so... You make up in excess for it there!

I'm bloody awful at English too :tongue: Lit just kills me :frown:

Anyway, I'm gonna hit the hay now. Good night everyone :smile:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Yep! We've covered all the sciences... Now we need a mathematician (although I LOVE Maths) I would not want to limit myself to that, as chemical engineering entails maths, physics and chemistry! Along with other fundamental skills :biggrin:

Mango is our Mathematician! :biggrin:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I'm bloody awful at English too :tongue: Lit just kills me :frown:

Anyway, I'm gonna hit the hay now. Good night everyone :smile:

Yeah yeah :P bet you're good! Yes! We are complete... Mow humanities to do! :biggrin: night

(and Physics :awesome:)
Ugh, I'm so distracted, I'm missing all the fun :frown:

Damn my friends and their love of crappily awesome games that I also love :colonhash:
I feel I may have inadvertently made my signature slightly larger than it should be :colonhash:

EDIT: fix'd
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hpcp
anyone know what a levels they are going to take?

I actually have no idea and I need to make this decision very soon:frown:
I'm thinking Classics/ICT/Government and Politics/ Economics/ A science

- Those are just options which I've kept but I really have no idea :O

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Shanij
I actually have no idea and I need to make this decision very soon:frown:
I'm thinking Classics/ICT/Government and Politics/ Economics/ A science

- Those are just options which I've kept but I really have no idea :O

Oh yay you've reminded me that we get to apply to colleges soon :awesome:

(do Physics :shh: :ahee:)
Reply 4530
I used to feel the same way about Physics :tongue: At the beginning of the year I hated it! To me it was 'PhySUCKS' :colondollar: I'm liking it a lot more now though, even though I still find it a bit difficult at times. Managed to get the best grade in my year in it though so I can't be all that bad :redface: My teacher is absolutely brilliant, if it weren't for him I would probably still be in my stroppy 'physics is boring' mindset :tongue:

ah my physics teacher was amazing too, he did loads of random experiments and used to tell us loads of stories and gave us food :P i always seem to get hungry at school...
Reply 4531
Original post by social outcast
an A did you take unit 2 this year?

yep, did you take any other exams?
Reply 4532
oh and has anyone managed to get a part-time job? i cant find anything, i need to be 16 to do a lot of stuff...
Original post by hpcp
oh and has anyone managed to get a part-time job? i cant find anything, i need to be 16 to do a lot of stuff...

Apparently though you are allowed to work only certain hours at 15:redface:
I haven't got a job myself, want to concentrate on exams at the moment

Original post by hpcp

Why would you look to apply for part time jobs?-Your only 15:facepalm:
Original post by Dalek1099

How about letting people do what they want to do? :smile: And there's nothing wrong with wanting a job at 15 :no:
Original post by usycool1
How about letting people do what they want to do? :smile: And there's nothing wrong with wanting a job at 15 :no:

I think the problem,for me was that they seemed desperate to get a job,which is a bit extreme knowing they are only 15-I plan on getting my 1st job around 22.
I think the problem,for me was that they seemed desperate to get a job,which is a bit extreme knowing they are only 15-I plan on getting my 1st job around 22.
It all adds to the experience! It might sound like a rumour, but I know from family who work in industry that they highly value people who have balanced both work and education. :yep:
Original post by Pandora.
It all adds to the experience! It might sound like a rumour, but I know from family who work in industry that they highly value people who have balanced both work and education. :yep:

You've changed your signature from Federer back to the Strawberry.
Reply 4539

I don't know, just want some extra money and some experience in the summer

Latest