The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak

My class got 1 1/2 hours to do out first one that we did in 3 lessons. How are you supposed to do that?

I get 2 hrs for every coursework piece!!!For reading you need about 2 hrs.Was your coursework on literature or language?and what specification?Are you revising so far i've done 2 1/2 hours for the coursework pieces and apparently i might get the day after the coursework off due to strike!!!
Original post by Dalek1099
I get 2 hrs for every coursework piece!!!For reading you need about 2 hrs.Was your coursework on literature or language?and what specification?Are you revising so far i've done 2 1/2 hours for the coursework pieces and apparently i might get the day after the coursework off due to strike!!!

It was literature, not idea what board or specification. I assume it was literature, you assume we're told that. No one cares, so no one tells.

EDIT: LOLNO, I just realized I'd done some ****ing stupid addition. I did have 2hrs. Oops.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 582
I was skimming through the pages and have decided to join in :3
For my GCSEs I've chosen;

Latin
History
Geography
RE (It's compulsory in our school.) :mad:

I'm terrible at science. All the module tests we've done I've got either Cs/Bs. In year 7, 8 and 9 I was in Set 1 for science but now I find myself in Set 4, and I HATE one of my teachers! :mad: It's my weakest subject and I have no idea how to improve asdfghjklkjhgfdieu

I LOVE history. Although, for the past few weeks we've been going through things we studied in year 9, but we've just started the the Cold War and I love it:biggrin: But It's a mixed ability set and we have the most annoying people in my class and all they do is shout out:s-smilie:

I'm ok at Latin. I enjoy it because we only have 14 people in my class and my teacher is amazing! and quite good-looking too:cool:

I HATE RE. Hate hate hate it. I'm in set 1 but have the worst teacher. All she does is put on videos about completely irrelevant things and leaves the room for the entire lesson. She teaches us NOTHING. Other sets have done TONS. It's just annoying.

I looooooooooove Geography. I hated it at the start of the year but since then I've taken a liking to it:colone: I love my teacher too! She's Australian and has the coolest accent.

Don't even get me started on my English lessons. I detest that lesson and my teacher.
Reply 583
Original post by b3th

Latin
History
Geography

I'm terrible at science. All the module tests we've done I've got either Cs/Bs. In year 7, 8 and 9 I was in Set 1 for science but now I find myself in Set 4, and I HATE one of my teachers! :mad: It's my weakest subject and I have no idea how to improve asdfghjklkjhgfdieu

I LOVE history. Although, for the past few weeks we've been going through things we studied in year 9, but we've just started the the Cold War and I love it:biggrin: But It's a mixed ability set and we have the most annoying people in my class and all they do is shout out:s-smilie:

I'm ok at Latin. I enjoy it because we only have 14 people in my class and my teacher is amazing! and quite good-looking too:cool:

I HATE RE. Hate hate hate it. I'm in set 1 but have the worst teacher. All she does is put on videos about completely irrelevant things and leaves the room for the entire lesson. She teaches us NOTHING. Other sets have done TONS. It's just annoying.

I looooooooooove Geography. I hated it at the start of the year but since then I've taken a liking to it:colone: I love my teacher too! She's Australian and has the coolest accent.

Don't even get me started on my English lessons. I detest that lesson and my teacher.

Welcome to the thread!! :wavey: I'm doing history too(my best subject) and i love it! All though I think i'm doing a different course to you (OCR schools history project) I hate R.E too I only have it once a week (short course is obligatory) how was your day?
Original post by Mr.Nor
oh good luck :smile:

RIGHT I AM NOT DICUSSING EXAM DETAILS but....
I would just like to mention that I did the Unit 2 exam. All I'm going to say is: don't worry about it, it's pretty easy.

PLEASE DONT ASK QUESTIONS
Original post by b3th

Latin
History
Geography

hi, welcome to the thread :smile:

I'm so jealous you do Latin, I could have done it but I wanted to do French and Spanish so gave it up in year 7. I do Classical Greek though which is pretty good.

Hate RE too, luckily I don't do it but all my friends do and never shut up about it.

What exams do you have this year?
Original post by bookworm1997
hi, welcome to the thread :smile:

I'm so jealous you do Latin, I could have done it but I wanted to do French and Spanish so gave it up in year 7. I do Classical Greek though which is pretty good.

Hate RE too, luckily I don't do it but all my friends do and never shut up about it.

What exams do you have this year?

Do you actually learn the Greek alphabet doing Greek? I wish my school did it, but modern Greek. I'm doing three languages, but I would prefer Greek to Spanish :colonhash:

(I like learning languages, if you hadn't noticed :biggrin:)
Do you actually learn the Greek alphabet doing Greek? I wish my school did it, but modern Greek. I'm doing three languages, but I would prefer Greek to Spanish :colonhash:

(I like learning languages, if you hadn't noticed :biggrin:)

Yes... we do learn the Greek alphabet doing Greek. It would be quite difficult otherwise...

It's not that different to modern Greek really but it has the most complicated grammar ever! There are only 2 regular verbs and all the rest just completely change randomly.
Original post by bookworm1997
Yes... we do learn the Greek alphabet doing Greek. It would be quite difficult otherwise...

It's not that different to modern Greek really but it has the most complicated grammar ever! There are only 2 regular verbs and all the rest just completely change randomly.

Wow. Is that the same with modern? I was going to try and learn it, but Russian sounds easier with that...
For my English Controlled Assesment we had it done in 3 lessons
45 minutes in each lesson..
Original post by Mr.Nor

Original post by Mr.Nor
Welcome to the thread!! :wavey: I'm doing history too(my best subject) and i love it! All though I think i'm doing a different course to you (OCR schools history project) I hate R.E too I only have it once a week (short course is obligatory) how was your day?

I have it once a week too but do the full course.
I have it once a week too but do the full course.

I'm so lucky, I only have it once a fortnight :biggrin:

I'm so lucky, I only have it once a fortnight :biggrin:

and do you do GCSE in it?
and do you do GCSE in it?

Yes. It's the short course. It and the Citizenship short course make up a full GCSE, although I do Citizenship every week...
I think I got a high A on my unit 2 paper, despite this do you think that if I do well on unit 1 and unit 3, I could still get A*?
Whoever did the "thumbs down" thing: Is that a no??! :frown:
Reply 596
Fount out I can sit a language paper in June(even though i'm not doing a language for gcse =P)!
Original post by kmiab
Whoever did the "thumbs down" thing: Is that a no??! :frown:

Ignore the rep :sigh: I don't know why anyone thought that was neg worthy. Theres just some strange people on here :s-smilie:

I think you have a good chance of getting an A* if you do well in the other units :smile: I'm not really sure, but if you get A* in both unit 1 and 3, then surely you'll be given an A* overall?
Even so, an A is still an excellent grade. :biggrin:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Ignore the rep :sigh: I don't know why anyone thought that was neg worthy. Theres just some strange people on here :s-smilie:

I think you have a good chance of getting an A* if you do well in the other units :smile: I'm not really sure, but if you get A* in both unit 1 and 3, then surely you'll be given an A* overall?
Even so, an A is still an excellent grade. :biggrin:

Much appreciated thanks I was beginning to get worried!
Original post by Mr.Nor
Fount out I can sit a language paper in June(even though i'm not doing a language for gcse =P)!

Do German German German German! :biggrin:

Latest