The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm doing B2C2P2 in Jan, plus B1C1P1, as my school started the GCSE before I got here, so I have to take it now.

All six? Ouch. I've only got B1, C1 and P1, and then all the 2's in June, I think.

Worst thing is, we learnt C1 for the first half of year nine, P1 in the second half, smushed B1 in between the start of year ten and the end of last week, and managed to start C2 and P2 as well :eek:

And it's just over a month and I haven't started revising. My brain doesn't seem to understand how I'm going to be able to revise for these exams.
Original post by chloe--
All six? Ouch. I've only got B1, C1 and P1, and then all the 2's in June, I think.

Worst thing is, we learnt C1 for the first half of year nine, P1 in the second half, smushed B1 in between the start of year ten and the end of last week, and managed to start C2 and P2 as well :eek:

And it's just over a month and I haven't started revising. My brain doesn't seem to understand how I'm going to be able to revise for these exams.

I'm not sure, but I might be doing 1 in the summer, that's what my biology teacher - who is also head of science - says, but my friend thinks it's in Jan. I'm not sure, but I'm sure it's fine.

I feel behind, because my stupid old school never did any GCSE science in Year 9. I'm relatively prepared for Biology, because my teacher for that was good. But Chemistry, my teacher was an idiot, he couldn't teach for ****. All of the final term was basically talking about what our GCSEs would be like, instead of actually teaching us Chemistry, or what we should have been on by that point with him, Physics. We just got a bit in about forces with our good teacher.

:mad:
(edited 12 years ago)
A tip for you guys:

Work REALLY hard now. As hard as you can. Do the best you can in all examinations; don't rely on being able to do retakes. They'll only get in the way of all of the other exams you'll have when you're in year 11, (if you think you have a big workload, you haven't seen year 11 yet!) and you'll be kicking yourself about how you wasted your time. If you get good grades now (in ISAs in Science, for example) you don't need to worry at all in year 11.

Trust me, you want to do work as hard as you can now. I did as a year 10, and I have 5 exams in January. My other friends who didn't work hard and are retaking now have around 8-10 exams this January. Work hard.

I'm doing B2C2P2 in Jan, plus B1C1P1, as my school started the GCSE before I got here, so I have to take it now.

Are you doing AQA-New Specification?if so i'm doing C1 and P1.
Original post by Dalek1099

OCR Gateway.
Reply 785

I'm doing that one, but B1 as well :s-smilie:
I asked my maths teacher whether she thinks Stats actually becomes interesting at A-Level. She replies without hesitation with "nope".

:colonhash: God I hate statistics.
Original post by chloe--

Original post by chloe--
I'm doing that one, but B1 as well :s-smilie:

have you done the specimen papers?I have done Chemistry and haven't got the result back yet and have physics on Tuesday!!!
Reply 788
have you done the specimen papers?I have done Chemistry and haven't got the result back yet and have physics on Tuesday!!!

Considering I haven't done any Chemistry for a year, and Physics for just under, I have no idea. We did papers at the time though.
Reply 789
I do OCR 21st Century, we do 3 Biology units, 3 Chemistry and 3 Physics.

We get moved around 4 teachers for each unit, which I don't really like. We only have 3-4 weeks for each unit which is hard to get everything into.

I think we do B1, C1 and P1 in January, I'm not too sure, I know I have a test in Science in January and a Controlled Assessment.

I've been getting B's in the past papers, but one of the teachers said that the papers have changed and instead of the tick boxes we're required to write more now. Not sure about that though.

I'm currently doing C2, which is all about Materials and Nanontechology. My teacher is rubbish, the other day whilst doing a practical the clamp holder on the stand lost grip because he moved it, whilst holding a flask. So the flask (full of oil) smashed whilst he was holding the Bunsen Burner under it - The room nearly went up in flames and he was lucky to not caught a light - Then he made a joke of it after. Needless to say I've learnt nothing in C2 and finding it really difficult.

I've enjoyed both Biology units, B1 about Stem Cells, Genes etc is really interesting. B2 was good too, about how healthy you are, how the body works, White Blood cells, the immune system etc. But we struggled to fit everything in and the best grade the class got was a B, which I got.

Physics just seems to be about Radiation and energy after P1, which is annoying.
Damnnnnn year 10 is a joke. The exams are seriously coming in too fast, and the sciences and enlgish lit and lang are awful. I want to go back to year 6 :L
I'm back!!
My Spanish Exchange has finally gone home. She was really nice but it takes up your whole life and I'm so busy now with mocks and a French writing. And I had Parents' Evening today which was horrible, I cried after my visit to my English teacher (happy tears though)

It's good to be back to TSR :biggrin:
Original post by bookworm1997

Welcome back! :biggrin:

Gah I have so much homework this week :sigh: and a Science test on Friday that I really need to revise for.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Welcome back! :biggrin:

Gah I have so much homework this week :sigh: and a Science test on Friday that I really need to revise for.

Yeah, I have mocks for all three sciences and a French CA and an English presentation this week as well as having a school play this week!!
I'm back!!
My Spanish Exchange has finally gone home. She was really nice but it takes up your whole life and I'm so busy now with mocks and a French writing. And I had Parents' Evening today which was horrible, I cried after my visit to my English teacher (happy tears though)

I've been wondering where people have been :biggrin:

Welcome back!

I think I'm doing well in my English assessment on dreams so far. We've only done 20 minutes, finished intro paragraph.
I've been wondering where people have been :biggrin:

Welcome back!

I think I'm doing well in my English assessment on dreams so far. We've only done 20 minutes, finished intro paragraph.

We are doing a Room 101 presentation individually on Wednesday.
We are doing a Room 101 presentation individually on Wednesday.

I think - again, I THINK - I'm looking forward to that. I've probably got an F in the last S+L.
i got 48/50 in the english literature controlled assessment.
Reply 798
controller assesment monday D:
Original post by Mr.Nor
controller assesment monday D:

In what?

I think I'm behind on my Mice and Men assessment, we're apparently supposed to be three sections in, I'm just about done with the second.

Also, I was looking for a picture to put with a haiku I'd made about the Odyssey for Classics, and was suprised to find a website blocked due to "Alternative Beliefs/Faiths"...what.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest