The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine with a foundation year 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medican
Well what did they say?

They were very helpful and said that they would check up, although i havnt heard back :'(
Original post by thatslogik
i called them up ^_^ im anxious though :'( i hope im not alone on this one

Yeah, it's better knowing you're not alone with that :smile: I don't know anyone else who it's happened to, but considering they're now replying may mean we hear news soon.

Has it all been sorted now?
Has anyone heard about interviews for med with a foundation year?.. im feeling very nervous.. and scared.. coz i havnt heard from any unis.. and its nearing the interview season as well :/ :frown: xx
Reply 383
they interview in feb-march, really badly want an interview but the 10 places makes it sound so unreal :/ feeling so pessimistic about this course *sigh*
Reply 384
Original post by Drizzy12

Original post by Drizzy12
they interview in feb-march, really badly want an interview but the 10 places makes it sound so unreal :/ feeling so pessimistic about this course *sigh*

Think POSITIVE! Haha :smile: 380 applied, so the odds arn't great, but it is possible and we can do it, don't lose faith!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 385
Original post by tobnot
Think POSITIVE! Haha :smile: 280 applied, so the odds arn't great, but it is possible and we can do it, don't lose faith!

380 actually. :smile:

Does anyone feel like Notts has forgotten about us? Even though I know we don't here back till feb.
Reply 386
Original post by Medican

Original post by Medican
380 actually. :smile:

Does anyone feel like Notts has forgotten about us? Even though I know we don't here back till feb.

whoops, my mistake :smile:
I'm really starting to twiddle my thumbs now, getting impatient! I didn't expect to hear before now anyway but we are nearly in February and I am more excited than anything else. Fingers crossed for everyone :smile:
Reply 388
Indeed...:tumble:
Reply 389
Original post by Medican
Nope I haven't gotten such an email. At least it means Nottingham have started assessing our applications now.

Hey, just wondering what is the application about? I haven't received one yet [neither by email or physically]. What do they ask for?

Thanks.
Has anyone heard from Nottingham .. about their interviews?? (for med with foundation yr)
Original post by jv.lalloo
Has anyone heard from Nottingham .. about their interviews?? (for med with foundation yr)

I wish :tongue: ... No really I do wish aha!
Original post by oliviaw1677
For applicants to Nottingham University- Medicine with a foundation year (A108)

Can you apply to this course even if you do sciences, ie chem + bio

or do you have to do art subjects?
Reply 393
Original post by IShouldBeRevising_

Original post by IShouldBeRevising_
Can you apply to this course even if you do sciences, ie chem + bio

or do you have to do art subjects?

You have to have taken bio and Chem, to A2 I think, also you can't meet the entry requirements for the A100 degree (GCSE's)
Reply 394
Original post by d3st1ny
Hey, just wondering what is the application about? I haven't received one yet [neither by email or physically]. What do they ask for?

Thanks.

It's a bunch of questions they use for interview selection such as why medicine, when have you worked in a team successfully etc. It also requires you to give evidence for eligibility.

Sorry for the late reply. Just saw this for some reason.
I really should have saved or noted my answers down that I put for that questionairre, since it's more then likely the interview questions will probably be based a fair bit around them... hmmm.... (if I get it of course)
Reply 396
Original post by a05aafzul
I really should have saved or noted my answers down that I put for that questionairre, since it's more then likely the interview questions will probably be based a fair bit around them... hmmm.... (if I get it of course)

Good thing I typed mine up. But maybe it won't the case.
Reply 397
According to the website they're supposed to be interviewing from feb to march? :confused:
Reply 398
Original post by Medican

Original post by Medican
According to the website they're supposed to be interviewing from feb to march? :confused:

If that's anything to go by, hopefully we should start hearing back from them soon! Nearly 4 months since we applied
What's year zero like anyways? :smile: What will they be examining us on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending