The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
your gcse's add up to 462 actually!! :biggrin: i dont think it matters how far from min entry requirements you are as long as you meet criteria you get an interview, your ukcat might be a bit low though you should apply to liverpool they dont use the ukcat . get one of the doctors to write a letter saying you did work exp!
Reply 21
Original post by maemg
your gcse's add up to 462 actually!! :biggrin: i dont think it matters how far from min entry requirements you are as long as you meet criteria you get an interview, your ukcat might be a bit low though you should apply to liverpool they dont use the ukcat . get one of the doctors to write a letter saying you did work exp!

Soton don't normally interview. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by liviaaa
Soton don't normally interview. :tongue:

Yea i hate that!!, we were talking about st.georges though...
Reply 23
Original post by maemg
Yea i hate that!!, we were talking about st.georges though...

Ah okay. :smile:

I quite like it, as it's one less pressure, especially if you turn out to be bad/get too nervous at interviews etc.
Reply 24
Yea it means theres less to worry about but its all about chance really :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by maemg

huh i do?? is it not 58+(52*7)?? 1A* and 7A
ahh you added my 9th subject! it says top 8 subjects if im not wrong :smile:
Reply 26
ahh i didnt read that, DOH!
Reply 27
Original post by maemg
ahh i didnt read that, DOH!

haha :P so are you applying to soton as well as st. georges?
Reply 28
"Southampton
Southampton only interview international applicants for BM5, BM4 and BM6 applicants. However, as of the 2011 cycle BM5 applicants will be interviewed as well."

Is this true?
Reply 29
Original post by franynli
haha :P so are you applying to soton as well as st. georges?

I was thinking about soton, queens aberdeen/newcastle i'm trying to figure out my last one, all depending on my ukcat. i was going to apply to st.georges, still thinking about it though it seems like a really small uni.
Reply 30
Original post by maemg
I was thinking about soton, queens aberdeen/newcastle i'm trying to figure out my last one, all depending on my ukcat. i was going to apply to st.georges, still thinking about it though it seems like a really small uni.

i still have two to think about :|
i have never been this busy in my life D: besides exams..
well i guess it depends if you like cities or campus ones :smile:
Reply 31
i still have two to think about :|
i have never been this busy in my life D: besides exams..
well i guess it depends if you like cities or campus ones :smile:

St Georges are using a ukcat cutoff this year
Called up Southampton yesterday and the UKCAT cut off for last year was 2310 which is an average of 577.5
Reply 33
"Southampton
Southampton only interview international applicants for BM5, BM4 and BM6 applicants. However, as of the 2011 cycle BM5 applicants will be interviewed as well."

Is this true?

Where did you get that quote from? The soton website says:

School leavers and graduate applicants are not normally interviewed, unless the selectors require further information in order to consider an application. Selected BM6, international and mature non-graduate applicants will be interviewed before being offered a place.

The majority of interviews will take place in the UK, but some interviews may be arranged in Malaysia to accommodate international applicants.

Each interview will be conducted by at least two members of staff and will normally include a member of the MSC. The interviewers will receive the UCAS application and all relevant documentation in advance of the interview. In addition, interviewers are provided with an information pack which contains clear guidelines on how to conduct the interview.
Reply 34
Original post by liviaaa
Where did you get that quote from? The soton website says:

School leavers and graduate applicants are not normally interviewed, unless the selectors require further information in order to consider an application. Selected BM6, international and mature non-graduate applicants will be interviewed before being offered a place.

The majority of interviews will take place in the UK, but some interviews may be arranged in Malaysia to accommodate international applicants.

Each interview will be conducted by at least two members of staff and will normally include a member of the MSC. The interviewers will receive the UCAS application and all relevant documentation in advance of the interview. In addition, interviewers are provided with an information pack which contains clear guidelines on how to conduct the interview.

I know right? i was totally confused cause i read that on their website but i got it here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_you_should_expect_at_a_medical_school_interview#Interviews_for_5yr_Courses maybe its outdated or something?
Southampton are definitely interviewing this year. All med schools have to now.
Reply 36
I know right? i was totally confused cause i read that on their website but i got it here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_you_should_expect_at_a_medical_school_interview#Interviews_for_5yr_Courses maybe its outdated or something?

Oh.. I wonder where they found that out from?

Original post by MrsNorthman

Where have you seen this?
Well my teacher - who is like on the admissions board for UCL, said it's the new requirement according to the BMA or something?
Reply 38
Well my teacher - who is like on the admissions board for UCL, said it's the new requirement according to the BMA or something?

okay thanks a lot! :smile:
Reply 39

I just rang soton today and they said they weren't doing interviews. Only for internationals BM6 and and graduates.:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending