The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Hey all,
I am a home student and have applied to 4 medical schools, however I still have not received any postcard or email from southampton (I have from all the others), If I also go into into the apply section of UCAS it says NOT COMPLETED where the course code should be but it says A100 in track.
Are there any other home students who have not yet received a postcard? Or do you think I should email Southampton about it?

Thanks
Reply 581
Original post by chrisduck
Hey all,
I am a home student and have applied to 4 medical schools, however I still have not received any postcard or email from southampton (I have from all the others), If I also go into into the apply section of UCAS it says NOT COMPLETED where the course code should be but it says A100 in track.
Are there any other home students who have not yet received a postcard? Or do you think I should email Southampton about it?

Thanks

Several of us have phoned the admissions unit and they say they dont send out cards, and as long as the acknowledgement from UCAS shows all your choices, then they have your apllications and now we just have to wait.
Reply 582
Original post by chrisduck
Hey all,

Thanks

SOTON said they messed up UCAS and what it says on your's is a mistake. As long as it's on track they've got your application. As for the postcard, that seems completely random, i never got one last time I applied and still havent got one this time!
Reply 583
Original post by fuzzycat
Several of us have phoned the admissions unit and they say they dont send out cards, and as long as the acknowledgement from UCAS shows all your choices, then they have your apllications and now we just have to wait.

Original post by Blink1632
SOTON said they messed up UCAS and what it says on your's is a mistake. As long as it's on track they've got your application. As for the postcard, that seems completely random, i never got one last time I applied and still havent got one this time!

Thanks a lot, you have put my mind at rest. Now back to the revision :/
Reply 584
Original post by .eXe
Are you high school or university applicant? And when is your interview date? Also, did they give you an option to go to UK or for you its only KL since you're so close to it

Got the interview offer from email. Interviews are held in Malaysia from 15-19 Jan 2012 or at Southampton itself if you wish, for any date up till end march. I'm a high school applicant.
Does anyone know when they start handing out any offers / rejections ?? plus i never got an acknowledgement from them ?? i havent been silently rejected have i ???
Reply 586
Original post by sandeep0767
Does anyone know when they start handing out any offers / rejections ?? plus i never got an acknowledgement from them ?? i havent been silently rejected have i ???

From mid Jan offers and rejections are handed out all the way till end of March. I't seems lots have not had acknowledgments in the form of the legendary post card :wink: I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
:merry: everyone!
Original post by Irt27

Original post by Irt27
I'm applying to Cardiff, Glasgow, Southampton and Manchester. Where are you applying to?

i applied to bart's , belfast , st.andrew's and southampton
Reply 589
Merry Christmas all! Lets hope January brigs us all a nice, huge stocking full of interviews!
Do they need more confirmation of your academic qualifications before they start sending out any offers ?
I'm guessing the offer will be conditional upon providing proof of qualifications, so technically I think you will have to show these AFTER receiving the offer. Normally this will be done at interview stage, but seeing as southampton largely don't interview, this would be the most logical course of action imo.
If they havent asked for my proof of academic qualifications will they do so after ive received (hopefully ) an offer or will i have to send it into them before they can make me an offer ????

Btw please quote me so that i know youve replied otherwise i wont know lololol
Original post by sandeep0767
If they havent asked for my proof of academic qualifications will they do so after ive received (hopefully ) an offer or will i have to send it into them before they can make me an offer ????

Btw please quote me so that i know youve replied otherwise i wont know lololol

You will get a conditional offer. The condition will be that you send them proof of your qualifications, this offer usually changes to an unconditional on track once the copies have been recieved by the uni.
:smile:
Original post by Doctor-to-be
You will get a conditional offer. The condition will be that you send them proof of your qualifications, this offer usually changes to an unconditional on track once the copies have been recieved by the uni.
:smile:

I got an offer from my insurance choice and it appeared as unconditional on UCAS but they emailed me saying I have to show them my qualifications.
Original post by Scarface-Don
I got an offer from my insurance choice and it appeared as unconditional on UCAS but they emailed me saying I have to show them my qualifications.

Probably unconditional as you don't have to meet any academic conditions. :redface:
Original post by thegodofgod
Probably unconditional as you don't have to meet any academic conditions. :redface:

Yes that's true but technically there is a condition: That I have actually achieved the grades indicated on my UCAS form, which I have to provide proof for :tongue:
Original post by Scarface-Don
Yes that's true but technically there is a condition: That I have actually achieved the grades indicated on my UCAS form, which I have to provide proof for :tongue:

Along with all of the health and vaccinations checks :wink:

And CRB check :wink:
Reply 598
Original post by thegodofgod
Along with all of the health and vaccinations checks :wink:

And CRB check :wink:

And you could also be asked to provide evidence of claims of work xp etc made in you PS:tongue:
Reply 599
Hey guys this is my frist year of doing AS and i dunno how to revise i wanted to apply for Medicine too :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending