The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

How long did it take you guys to receive the acknowledgement letter?
Looks like this thread is going to be pretty dead until late Feb.
Reply 162
subscribed*
Reply 163
Original post by doctork2

Applied last year - my application was acknowledged about a month or so after submitting by a mailed postcard. Then heard nothing more until I received an offer in March.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 164
I applied here for the second time .. hope they don't keep me waiting for so long like last year
Reply 165
Original post by doctork2

I submitted my application around October 5th. Had response from all my other applications to say they had received it - not one from Southampton yet - called them Friday and they said they are sent out around end of October. Hope that helps.
Original post by Nnuunnuu
I applied here for the second time .. hope they don't keep me waiting for so long like last year

They left me unit April! :frown:
Original post by CrazyDaisy123

Oh poor child. Do they do that a lot?
Reply 168
Original post by Long Time Coming
Oh poor child. Do they do that a lot?

I hope not!!! D:
Reply 169
Original post by CrazyDaisy123

they left me until late March .. so are you a reapplicant?
Reply 170
Original post by snoz64
Applied last year - my application was acknowledged about a month or so after submitting by a mailed postcard. Then heard nothing more until I received an offer in March.

That doesn't make any sense? When was the interview??
Reply 171
Original post by Rose23
I know i felt bit odd too....but it's bcos I finished my studies 7 years ago.,& reference I gave in ucas is of my accountant.so they asked reference from last employer I was working for....but asking for degree transcript does that mean anything or is it routine...

did they ask for hard copies or upload documents?
Reply 172
Scanned and emailed ...
Reply 173
Original post by .eXe
That doesn't make any sense? When was the interview??

They don't interview for BM5
Reply 174
Original post by .eXe
did they ask for hard copies or upload documents?

Scanned and emailed fevered & reference hard copy sent by post.
Reply 175
Hey,

BM4 applicant here (eek!)

Struggling to understand HOW exactly Soton select the 40 candidates for BM4. I know PS is HUGELY improtant, but as they only reject the lowest 25% of UKCAT scoring candidates, what else is involved??

Does anyone know how far Southampton look back academically etc? Ive been hearing stories from grad candidates applying to other unis that depsite not looking at A levels with a good predicted degree, they go back and check your GCSEs.

Help would be great :smile:

x
Got my acknowledgement postcard :smile:
Yay, postcard!
Reply 178
So ultra jealous of you guys with postcards. It will probably take ages to reach my country. Do we get a confirmation email?
Reply 179
ergo what country you in? Im in canada and I havent received anything yet :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending