The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks guys.

By "recipes" I basically mean anything that's good for bulking, whether it be single foods like bagels or good recipes like chicken breast in honey and chilli sauce. Just anything that'll help me become jacked (can't become tan in Scotland unfortunately).
Original post by Smack
Thanks guys.

By "recipes" I basically mean anything that's good for bulking, whether it be single foods like bagels or good recipes like chicken breast in honey and chilli sauce. Just anything that'll help me become jacked (can't become tan in Scotland unfortunately).

i thought you just wanted big numbers?
whats your training history like?, and i recommend you track macros everything becomes so much easier when you do.
I've bulked from 63kg to now, what, 90-92kg.

It's easy. I don't think I eat that much either but I'm not sure whether it's fast or slow to gain 27-29kg in 2 years. Damn, when I put it like that it's crazy. Gaining nearly half my bodyweight in 2 years. Lol.
Reply 9923
Original post by Smack
Thanks guys.

Hummus. Is. Amazing. Try. It. NAO!
Reply 9924
Original post by Michael XYZ

It's easy. I don't think I eat that much either but I'm not sure whether it's fast or slow to gain 27-29kg in 2 years. Damn, when I put it like that it's crazy. Gaining nearly half my bodyweight in 2 years. Lol.

You still bulking then?
Reply 9925

92kg fat kunt!!!!
Original post by Gallium
i thought you just wanted big numbers?

Don't think I've ever said that I'm not interested in getting ****ing swole. I originally started lifting because I was too damn skinny, not so that I could put up bigger numbers than other people in lifts that non-one out actually cares about.

I'm certainly not bothered about becoming a little bit chubby in the process, though, especially if whilst that is going on I'm getting immensely stronger, because a) it's easier for me to lose fat than gain muscle; and b) it's easier to lose fat when you have lots of muscle.

whats your training history like?, and i recommend you track macros everything becomes so much easier when you do.

Training history can be found from my log. I would consider tracking my macros but much of the food I eat is either home cooked by my parents or from the student cafe so I can't really unless I bring in my own food, which I plan to do.

52-74 in 8 months for me, to bad my numbers are still ****ty. wow i realized for 8 months my bench is ****ing awful!
Reply 9928
When I was 92kg I used to think I was so big and thought I'd only have to cut about 5kg and I'd have abs then I'd be 87kg lean with abs. How wrong I was :frown:
Smack, can't you just eat... more?

I don't really go in for this constant eating thing any more. I eat 3 normal meals, and 3 shakes a day. Just instead of putting 1 chicken breast in your pasta put in 3 instead.
Original post by u4m1r
When I was 92kg I used to think I was so big and thought I'd only have to cut about 5kg and I'd have abs then I'd be 87kg lean with abs. How wrong I was :frown:

Yeah it's amazing the amount of weight you can lose just by cutting fat. Plus I think mot people underestimate their bodyfat levels
Original post by GQ.
You still bulking then?

Yes.

Original post by u4m1r
92kg fat kunt!!!!

Mad?

Since whenever we did those Wilks coefficients I've gone from 281 to 314. Mirin'?

Edit: You've got to take into account the fact that a high portion of that weight loss isn't really fat loss. It's just water weight and all that crap.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Smack
Don't think I've ever said that I'm not interested in getting ****ing swole. I originally started lifting because I was too damn skinny, not so that I could put up bigger numbers than other people in lifts that non-one out actually cares about.

I'm certainly not bothered about becoming a little bit chubby in the process, though, especially if whilst that is going on I'm getting immensely stronger, because a) it's easier for me to lose fat than gain muscle; and b) it's easier to lose fat when you have lots of muscle.

Training history can be found from my log. I would consider tracking my macros but much of the food I eat is either home cooked by my parents or from the student cafe so I can't really unless I bring in my own food, which I plan to do.

make it your second nature to look at a plate and guess the macros, it's what i usually do, i've never packed food to take around with me, usually just eat out or wait 8 hours or whatever to get home and eat all my cals then.
Original post by Arturo Bandini
Smack, can't you just eat... more?

No because there is often nothing else to eat after my main meals.
Original post by Smack
No because there is often nothing else to eat after my main meals.

what I mean is, have the same meals just have them bigger?
Original post by Arturo Bandini
what I mean is, have the same meals just have them bigger?

I don't make my own meals, though, but I'd like to change this which is why I'm asking for good bulking foods.

I'd also like to enquire more about meals I can take with me to university. At the moment I either go to Burger King, Subway, Greggs or the student union, all of which are expensive for the amounts I need to eat and largely devoid of proper nutrition.
Reply 9936
When I cook up lunch (which is usually a chicken breast with rice or pasta or something), I usually just cook x2 and then put the second meal in a tub if I'm working next day. Then I'll just eat it cold. I usually make food for like 2 days in advance and eat cold, makes it so much easier.
Aight here's what I take with me if I gotta be out for the day. Buy loads of chicken breast and some bacon. chop it up, cook it up, and mix it up in a bowl with mayo. Then every day scoop a load of it into some wholemeal bread for sandwiches. I usually make like 3 or 4 days worth at a time.

Plus flapjack. I eat a **** load of flapjack.
Reply 9938
Original post by Smack
I would consider tracking my macros but much of the food I eat is either home cooked by my parents or from the student cafe so I can't really unless I bring in my own food, which I plan to do.

You'd be surprised at how accurate some calculators can be if you can be arsed to keep updating them with everything you eat. Ones like MyFitnessPal have just about every imaginable food (including specific sandwiches from Tesco and the like) with its calorie content and macros. They're crap for setting up to actually record something, because they max out at something like gaining a pound a week and aren't very biased towards strength.

However, using them gets you used to macros in foods, calorie contents and having a much better understanding of exactly what to eat to hit the higher calorific intakes you start needing (i.e. 4k etc).
Reply 9939
At Burger King it's £2 for a Bacon Double Cheeseburger on a Friday.

Godmode bulking activated.

Latest