The Student Room Group
Original post by Michael XYZ
Anyone here do any plyo stuff?

I was messing around now thinking clapping push-ups would be fairly easy but, damn, I can hardly get myself off the ground let alone clap.

Quite surprised/shocked. I'd have thought being able to bench what I could and all I'd be able to do it fairly easily. =/

I do **** like this a lot for boxing. I hate it tbh but it's gotta be done
Original post by Arturo Bandini
I do **** like this a lot for boxing. I hate it tbh but it's gotta be done

How many can you do?

I am getting fairly heavy too which obviously affects it.
How many can you do?

I am getting fairly heavy too which obviously affects it.

press-up claps? we usually do sets of 10 or 20.

it's just about getting used to them, like chins
I used to do a fair bit of plyo stuff for sports. Its a different beast to weight training, worth doing if you want to be a 'complete athlete'.
Reply 9964

I was messing around now thinking clapping push-ups would be fairly easy but, damn, I can hardly get myself off the ground let alone clap.

Quite surprised/shocked. I'd have thought being able to bench what I could and all I'd be able to do it fairly easily. =/

I find plyo pushups not too hard. Can't bench anything much, and probably weigh 85-90kg atm.
Original post by Slumpy
I find plyo pushups not too hard. Can't bench anything much, and probably weigh 85-90kg atm.

I'm low 90s so that's interesting.

I always thought I was quite an explosiveness/fast lifter but maybe not considering this. Or maybe just need some actual practice.
Original post by tommy1311
Ok sailor.

I'm not a sailor. Do your own shopping.

I think aivi does quite a lot of this type of stuff.

I'm low 90s so that's interesting.

I always thought I was quite an explosiveness/fast lifter but maybe not considering this. Or maybe just need some actual practice.

I thought this too, until I started weightlifting. I just don't think powerlifting is really very explosive at all :s-smilie:
Sure but the way I train like half of it is dedicated to being fast and explosive.

Seen some of the Westside guys who compete in 275/308s do like 45" box jumps. Me and Monk were messing around and only got to like ~35".
You might just have a crap fast twitch fibre ratio. Was you fast at sprinting when at school?
When I was younger I was fairly fast.

HAHAHAHAA!
When I was younger I was fairly fast.

HAHAHAHAA!

I grew up listening to Pow on my phone in the park with all kinds of people who talked like this so maybe I am getting old but that was annoying.
There's a couple of other videos.

He's crazy. But it's rather funny.
Subed !
Reply 9974
ffs, so time constrained, have no time to train and get the sufficient meals in because i have exams in a couple of weeks. Such such b.s.
Hi, I am 154lbs 6foot tall, 17 years old. What can I do to get quite ripped in 2 - 3 weeks? Press ups? should I use a handle or just flat hands. obviously I will go gym, but should I use press up handle or just normal, which is better>
Original post by Future_Dr
Hi, I am 154lbs 6foot tall, 17 years old. What can I do to get quite ripped in 2 - 3 weeks? Press ups? should I use a handle or just flat hands. obviously I will go gym, but should I use press up handle or just normal, which is better>

lol
Fight a bear.
Original post by DaisyTheCat
Subed !

Negged :awesome:
Reply 9979
Why the negs

Latest