The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Get yourself down the local high school sell them at 50p per fag.
Reply 41
Original post by DJkG.1
I have a copy of Smith and Hogan's Criminal Law 12e on my desk right now. Don't lecture me on the law when you know **** all.

:rofl:

Your next problem is gonna be flogging your books. How many Trinity law freshers are there in comparison to the number in your year? :smile:
Reply 42
Seriously guys no schools / underaged selling! I'm known in most of the schools in my area and I don't want to destroy my reputation, let alone get a conviction for a few quid, let alone help more kids get hooked to the lethal habit.

Original post by Tortious
:rofl:

Your next problem is gonna be flogging your books. How many Trinity law freshers are there in comparison to the number in your year? :smile:

Haha, nah mate I've sold my textbooks. :p: Smith and Hogan have a new 13th edition out now, hence why I did the conscionable thing and didn't sell my copy.

There are going to be around 13/14 Trinity law freshers this year, we had about the same. That includes affiliated students, European Erasmus students and one or two LLMs btw (though we didn't have any LLMs start in 2010).
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm not sure I get it. The thread makes sense if you have 700 packs of cigarettes, but not if you have 700 cigarettes (35 packs). If it's the latter, as I think it is, you just need to find a moderately heavy smoker at your college and tell him/her to knock on your door when in need of a pack. And they'll be gone in a month to six weeks...
Reply 44
Don't you need a licence to sell tobacco legally in the Uk then?
Original post by Joinedup

No, importing them, then selling them without a licence is illegal.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by gingerrama
How much are you charging per pack anyway?

Marlboros are going up in price here this month, and they're already 8.50. I'm panicking :emo:

£8.50?!
Reply 47
Original post by Joinedup

I wrote a long post which got deleted so I'll sum it up in 2 sentences.

You don't need a license to sell tobacco which is fully excised in the UK, which means it has its duty paid in the UK specifically, though you do need a license to commercially import tobacco (which tobacco companies, distributers and some large supermarkets have) which is brought in straight from the country of production to either be excised in the UK or further processed and excised when the finished product is made, provided it is not to be exported. You can bring in as much tobacco as you like from the European Economic Area which has had its taxes paid in any EU nation, but this is not UK excised and is legal only for personal consumption, not for resale. :smile:

Basically, no, anyone can sell tobacco which is UK excised provided they adhere to the age-restrictions.

Original post by scriggy
£8.50?!

Bloody shocked me too lol. Used to be £5.15 back in the day (when I was 14) lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
If duty was paid.. im curious whats your profit per pack sold, must be not much.
Reply 49
how much do you want for all of them ??
Original post by DJkG.1
Sup,

So basically I have in 700ish Marlboro Lights, genuine of course and in unopened boxes of 20 a pack, UK duty paid.

I need to sell them but I don't know where... I've sold plenty to friends (including loads for their friends) but there is a limit on how much even smokers want to buy in one go lol.

Any one got any ideas?

Btw, this is completely legal. They are fully UK duty paid (specifically UK) and were not imported from Europe for personal use - please don't lock mods! :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by jsbisme
how much do you want for all of them ??

You bumped a two year old thread brah, OP probably has smoked them all and died.
Come to my school toilets and the little year 9s will be more than happy to suck your dicks for a packet. Those wretched wannabes
How much you have
Original post by Raja adnan
How much you have

This thread's 5 years old dude, the smart money is on him having sold them by now :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending