Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by admbeatmaker
Demand, maybe?

From what I read, it is an excellent law department. However, it doesn't conjure up the same image as KCL, UCL and LSE.
'

But from this site, it is found that students prefer Manchester, Nottingham or Sheffield to QMUL law. Their requirement is lower.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by marceltheshell

Original post by marceltheshell
I spoke to a Queen Mary law advisor and they said they hoped to have all offers out by Christmas

OMGod! what!? :O
Reply 382
Original post by Juunis.
What were your predicted grades and offer????

Sorry that I'm so late!
I'm predicted:
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
Mathematics - B

And my offer is BBB.
Original post by happyday
'

But from this site, it is found that students prefer Manchester, Nottingham or Sheffield to QMUL law. Their requirement is lower.

Where was this found?

This site is not representative of this country at all, bear that in mind.
Reply 384
Is anyone else going to the geography interviews tomorrow? I lost my email and need to know where we have to meet and at what time....
Reply 385
Original post by Beckiix
Intending on applying for English BA and English Literature and Linguistics but the entry requirements have gone up to AAA which makes me sadface. :frown:

You should go for it :smile: Not only does it give you something to work towards but the Literature and Linguistics course at Queen Mary is amazing :smile:
Reply 386
I'm a first year BA English Literature and Linguistics student at Queen Mary so if anyone has any questions about interviews, course content or anything I can try and answer them :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by Jade0193
You should go for it :smile: Not only does it give you something to work towards but the Literature and Linguistics course at Queen Mary is amazing :smile:

I applied for both courses in the end! :smile: I have an interview tomorrow, what was yours like?
Reply 388
Original post by swbp
Is anyone else going to the geography interviews tomorrow? I lost my email and need to know where we have to meet and at what time....

I was just about to ask that. The interview is from 1.15pm to 2.30pm, on the first floor of the Geography building, where are you traveling from?
Reply 389
Original post by Beckiix
I applied for both courses in the end! :smile: I have an interview tomorrow, what was yours like?

It was a little bit daunting but not as scary as I thought! :smile: I ended up having mine in the English department even though I am on a joint honours course. It was quite informal, they asked me what my interests were, a bit about the content of my personal statement, why I chose the course and they gave me a poem. I had to read it and then discuss what I thought about it and some features within it. Hope that is of some help to you. Good luck :smile:
Reply 390
Original post by ISS2508

Original post by ISS2508
I was just about to ask that. The interview is from 1.15pm to 2.30pm, on the first floor of the Geography building, where are you traveling from?

Oh wow thanks :smile: I'm coming from Suffolk, you?
Reply 391
Original post by swbp
Oh wow thanks :smile: I'm coming from Suffolk, you?

Its cool :smile: North London lol
Reply 392
Original post by Jade0193
It was a little bit daunting but not as scary as I thought! :smile: I ended up having mine in the English department even though I am on a joint honours course. It was quite informal, they asked me what my interests were, a bit about the content of my personal statement, why I chose the course and they gave me a poem. I had to read it and then discuss what I thought about it and some features within it. Hope that is of some help to you. Good luck :smile:

Sounds really daunting. Damn. Oh well! How long did it take for them to respond with an offer after your interview?
Reply 393
Original post by Beckiix
Sounds really daunting. Damn. Oh well! How long did it take for them to respond with an offer after your interview?

It might be different this year in terms of interview procedure so don't panic too much!! :smile: I got a reply within two weeks but I was interviewed in January. The fact that it's nearly christmas might have some bearing on when they respond. Good luck for tomorrow and let me know how it goes :smile:
Reply 394
I wish they would get their story straight. I emailed QM Sunday evening to check the progress of my application and when should I expect a decision. I got a reply Monday afternoon saying that they will be holding all law applications now until Feb/March to make a decision.

"Hope" is being used very loosely I believe. However, I would love to know by Christmas.

This makes much more sense than the post that said they'd have all offers out by Christmas, although given that they're obliged to give equal considerations to applications up to the January deadline, I guess that's not saying much.

Thanks for sharing, I figured it might be a long wait now, but March? Ugh >_<
Original post by ISS2508

urm... on my email it says "12:15pm Arrival and registration on the first floor of the Geography building". I applied to F800 :P Maybe they're doing two separate interview day programmes?
Reply 396
Original post by croschlo.05
urm... on my email it says "12:15pm Arrival and registration on the first floor of the Geography building". I applied to F800 :P Maybe they're doing two separate interview day programmes?

I applied for the BA course, loads of people must be coming then lol :smile: Yeh I think that is what is happeningXD
Reply 397
YES!!! I just received my invite to a short phone interview for a full-time postgrad enrollment in theatre and performance. I would be an international student should I get accepted.

Does anyone know what sorts of things would come up in the interview? I want to be as ready as possible for it.

Thanks in advance!
:smile:
Reply 398
Where was this found?

This site is not representative of this country at all, bear that in mind.

I am an international student and I have also applied this university but found many saying that the league table overate it.
Reply 399
Just got on offer for the science & engineering foundation - computer science :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending