The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lifegoeson11
I firmed for law, but do you think the entry requirement A*AA would be lenient this year?

I am sorry I wouldn't know. I do IB :/ different than A levels
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by silence18
No, I haven't heard anything from the admission team...I emailed them at [email protected] ...this was the address they send in the email in which they offered me a place...did you also contact them at the same email address?
Btw, I was quite shocked to find out Aberdeen gave me a 9.5 offer....that meaning 95%!!!!I should have been ok with QMUL asking for that but...Aberdeen....!! I know they have pretty low standards!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...and I also hope the area isn't that bad.I'm pretty sure it has some advantages too,it may be cheaper to live there, quieter.Oh, and please share your opinion as soon as you get back from the open day!

You heard back yet !??
Original post by examination
You heard back yet !??

No:frown:
I thought of emailing J but I thought that there must be a reason for which they didn't get back to me. There are so many people here who received an answer...
But I talked to someone who currently studies law&european law there and she said you change the course after you go to uni:smile:
Well, she also said that there are people who study law at QMUL after having already studied in Leiden because they really didn't like the courses. I don't know if I should change t now anyway since I wanted to go there in the third year and maybe I should do a little bit of research regarding Leiden or ask the people who were there what they didn't like about the courses so I can make a decision.:smile:
Reply 783
Ahhh, just got an email saying my application is with the admissions tutor and that I'll be hearing from them shortly! Does anyone know how soon after this email you hear back? I mean, in your experience, I'm sure it is different for everyone :P
Original post by sarahoo
Ahhh, just got an email saying my application is with the admissions tutor and that I'll be hearing from them shortly! Does anyone know how soon after this email you hear back? I mean, in your experience, I'm sure it is different for everyone :P

I got an acknowledgement from them on 13/12/2011 and got an offer on 24/02/2011
So basically, 2 months & a bit :tongue:
Reply 785
Original post by whatever_x
I got an acknowledgement from them on 13/12/2011 and got an offer on 24/02/2011
So basically, 2 months & a bit :tongue:

ahaha, oh no!! was the acknowledgement the automatic one or an actual email? (I mean, they're both emails, but one came shortly after I submitted my application, and the other came months later, haha.) I'm getting so impatient, I'm a child.
Reply 786
Original post by sarahoo

Been waiting for 4 months an yet no decision. :s-smilie:
Reply 787
Original post by AliceIndia.x.
wow. ok. I'm only doing History, English lit/lang, Philosophy and Ethics and Theatre Studies.
boom philosophy buddies.

Its been my dream uni since i was like 14 so yeeeahh id love to go there...or Goldsmiths...but mainly QMUL ;p x

What about you? where else have you applied? x

Hah, philosophy buddies ;d "only doing"? xd to me that sounds like a lot!

i got offers from warwick and aberdeen and still haven't heard from king's college and sheffield. yeah, i think queen mary is my choice, but to be honest i'm a little bit worried about the conditions. i'm not great when it comes to serious exams ;d you think they will accept me if i have like 75% and not 80%? how important is that for them?
Reply 788
Original post by sarahoo

I got this mail (the "you'll be hearing from us shortly" mail) on January 24th. And I got an offer on March 28th :smile: When I got that mail I thought that I would hear from them in like a day. Boy, was I wrong! :smile:
Original post by sarahoo
ahaha, oh no!! was the acknowledgement the automatic one or an actual email? (I mean, they're both emails, but one came shortly after I submitted my application, and the other came months later, haha.) I'm getting so impatient, I'm a child.

The automatic one :tongue:!
I only got one haha, but yeah I didn't realise how long they took to reply to me until now...2 months aah :| good luckk !
Reply 790
Do not have any reply from QMUL except the automatic one. Worried. Real worried
Original post by ancienttt
Do not have any reply from QMUL except the automatic one. Worried. Real worried

It's gonna be fine:smile: I bet you're not the only one who hasn't heard back yet
I'm sure you'll hear from them soon and it will be a positive answer:smile:
Reply 792
Original post by silence18
It's gonna be fine:smile: I bet you're not the only one who hasn't heard back yet
I'm sure you'll hear from them soon and it will be a positive answer:smile:

I hope so too, really looking forward to an offer for law.
All the best to you too, I feel so much better having seen your comment
Original post by ancienttt
I hope so too, really looking forward to an offer for law.
All the best to you too, I feel so much better having seen your comment

I'm glad I helped:biggrin:
Good luck!:smile:
Reply 794
I firmed psychology for QM, anyone else firmed? x
Just to add to the list -

Ive applied for Hispanic Studies & Politics, sent off my app in early december, no reply to date either :frown:
Reply 796
Any feedback for msc business finance please?
Some people say that finance courses are not good at QM.
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone going for the economics ucas visit day on the 21st March?
Original post by examination
You heard back yet !??

Hey! They e-mailed me back eventually and.... I decided to change my course to law with european law.:smile:
Yay!:biggrin:
Qm's law school has links with so many great institutions for law...:smile:
I should I e-mail Queen Mary admissions ....

It's been 3 months since I've sent my UCAS app for Law LLB ......

My friend heard back but she's on a 39/42 for IB and I just made the cut at 36 ......

Should I wait or e-mail them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending