And btw yes, you're right it will be £36000

Biomedical sciences, youu?
Reply 1182
Original post by ruby_v
Biomedical sciences, youu?

Computer Science
Reply 1183
Hi,
I'm currently studying at the university of Brighton in my first year of English Literature and so far I've not been settling in well. I've found the new environment really hard to get used to and i'm starting to consider a transfer to a uni closer to home, perhaps in London.

The thing is, i don't have a clue where to start! I just want to get a clear grasp on my options really so i know whether or not any of this is doable. When do we have to apply for a transfer by?

Many thanks,
Amy :smile:
Original post by ameslou
Hi,
I'm currently studying at the university of Brighton in my first year of English Literature and so far I've not been settling in well. I've found the new environment really hard to get used to and i'm starting to consider a transfer to a uni closer to home, perhaps in London.

The thing is, i don't have a clue where to start! I just want to get a clear grasp on my options really so i know whether or not any of this is doable. When do we have to apply for a transfer by?

Many thanks,
Amy :smile:

Hi Amy!

I'd suggest emailing unis that you'd be willing to transfer to to see if they accept transfers in the first place. If you get the green light from them, you can either start your UCAS application or wait until second term or so to see if your feelings change. I don't think transfers have to be sent in by the normal UCAS deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1185
Original post by Toya
Hi Amy!

I'd suggest emailing unis that you'd be willing to transfer to to see if they accept transfers in the first place. If you get the green light from them, you can either start your UCAS application or wait until second term or so to see if your feelings change. I don't think transfers have to be sent in by the normal UCAS deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Toya,

Thanks very much, its just hard to know where to start with things like this! Your help is much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1186
What happens if I don't get accepted for my transfer into 2nd year, do I just stay where I am?
Reply 1187
Original post by jaack95
What happens if I don't get accepted for my transfer into 2nd year, do I just stay where I am?

Assuming you want to stay, yes
Reply 1188
Do you need to enter university modules in the UCAS application?
Original post by Astoria
Do you need to enter university modules in the UCAS application?
Why wouldn't you? If you are hoping to transfer into the second year of another course, the uni concerned will want to know what you've been doing.
How far is everyone into the whole UCAS process?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I've been at uni for nearly two months now and the feeling of wanting to transfer hasn't gone away. I'm currently taking a foundation year, did some research and found that some universities I'm interested in transferring to, do take foundation year qualifications.

I know I have to re-apply from scratch on UCAS, contact the universities to confirm weather they'll take me or not and I'm willing to wait a little longer to see if I really do want to transfer or just trying to adjust to uni life. When would be the best time to start preparing to transfer if I was really sure about it? I'm just wondering has anyone done this before? I've been looking around and haven't really found anyone transferring into 1st year.

Also, for some reason, my university didn't ask for my qualifications. Will the other ones ask for them? And if they aren't so good, will that affect my chances of getting in?
It's just that my A-level results aren't great, and the typical offer for the unis I want to transfer to are AAA-BBB. Not to mention, there was problem with my birth name and the name on my certificate so I would have to dish out a few hundred pounds to get them renamed.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissAjayG
Hey guys, I've been at uni for nearly two months now and the feeling of wanting to transfer hasn't gone away. I'm currently taking a foundation year, did some research and found that some universities I'm interested in transferring to, do take foundation year qualifications.

I know I have to re-apply from scratch on UCAS, contact the universities to confirm weather they'll take me or not and I'm willing to wait a little longer to see if I really do want to transfer or just trying to adjust to uni life. When would be the best time to start preparing to transfer if I was really sure about it? I'm just wondering has anyone done this before? I've been looking around and haven't really found anyone transferring into 1st year.
You need to find out from the unis you're interested in whether the 15 January deadline would apply to you, and work accordingly.

Also, for some reason, my university didn't ask for my qualifications. Will the other ones ask for them? And if they aren't so good, will that affect my chances of getting in?
I'd be very surprised if they didn't. You will have to enter your grades anyway in any new application, and if they are not in line with what the uni normally expects this could be a problem, unless you do exceptionally well in your Foundation course.
It's just that my A-level results aren't great, and the typical offer for the unis I want to transfer to are AAA-BBB. Not to mention, there was problem with my birth name and the name on my certificate so I would have to dish out a few hundred pounds to get them renamed.

Thanks
You will need to do this anyway. Employers frequently ask to see all your certificates and a discrepancy in the name will not help you. You've been 'lucky' this time, but most unis will expect to see the certificates and will not confirm your place until they have.

Ask your school or college for help in sorting this one out.
Does anyone have a vague idea of when is the best time to ask for a reference? And who would be best to ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Toya
Does anyone have a vague idea of when is the best time to ask for a reference? And who would be best to ask?
At least four weeks before any deadline that might have been set. Someone who is familiar with your academic work and can comment on your potential.
Reply 1195
If i am applying as an individual and want a reference from my personal tutor at uni, how are they able to access it?
Original post by ruby_v
If i am applying as an individual and want a reference from my personal tutor at uni, how are they able to access it?

On the reference bit of apply, there should be a form to put in your tutors details. Then they get sent an email on how to give the reference,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey. I will be completing my first year at mumbai university soon. Please can you tell me the names of the 10 universities you called up to enquire for direct second year entry. Please? Thank you. And for engineering? :biggrin:
Please revert. I wanna transfer :smile:
Reply 1198
what do you mean you put stage 2 instead of 1? how do you do that?
Reply 1199
Hi,
Just a quick question. Say if you want to transfer into a different university for the second year ,when would be the ideal time, approach Universities to enquire about you're intentions to transfer? Now, January Summer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending