The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Yeah I had mine last week it was very casual. We had a quick tour round and had a little presentation about Warwick generally and about MORSE before the interviews started. In mine we chatted about what in maths I liked and what I didn't, why I wanted to do the course and what subjects I'm doing. Then I asked a couple questions and that was pretty much it.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by tswift608
Yeah I had mine last week it was very casual. We had a quick tour round and had a little presentation about Warwick generally and about MORSE before the interviews started. In mine we chatted about what in maths I liked and what I didn't, why I wanted to do the course and what subjects I'm doing. Then I asked a couple questions and that was pretty much it.

Give me a couple of impressions about the campus...
Reply 182
Interview was very informal - and everyone was very friendly :smile: Campus had lots of green space.. but stil enough shops/ social/ sports facilities fro everyones needs.. the arts centre was very impressive as well!! :biggrin: x
Reply 183
Original post by Phoebe x
Interview was very informal - and everyone was very friendly :smile: Campus had lots of green space.. but stil enough shops/ social/ sports facilities fro everyones needs.. the arts centre was very impressive as well!! :biggrin: x

It's lovely isn't it! Did you see Bluebell accommodation? If you did, was this :eek: your face when you saw the double beds?
Reply 184
Original post by joshgoldman
It's lovely isn't it! Did you see Bluebell accommodation? If you did, was this :eek: your face when you saw the double beds?

It is lovely.... no we never ogt to go insude bluebell but apparently its as good as a hotel ! :biggrin: haha
Reply 185
Original post by Phoebe x
It is lovely.... no we never ogt to go insude bluebell but apparently its as good as a hotel ! :biggrin: haha

It's so nice! If I end up at Warwick I'd love to be staying there!
what did people wear to the interviews?
Reply 187
Original post by like_a_star
what did people wear to the interviews?

Most boys seemed to be wearing like a jacket and smart trousers - and girls more or less anything smart casual - just not scruffy!! Haha I just wore a jumper and smart trousers :smile:

To be honest the man who interviewed me had jeans and a tshirt on ! :biggrin:

Go for what you are comfortable in :smile:

Good luckkkk...
Reply 188
No action this Saturday by the looks of things? Reckon letters have finished until after the Christmas break?
Reply 189
Yay! Offer for MMORSE =)
Reply 190
Just got my MMORSE offer, phew!
(Gratz to post above)
Reply 191
Yay! Offer for MMORSE =)

Original post by TIM118
(Gratz to post above)

Well done guys! Might be a potential interview letter Saturday!

EDIT: Oh, you had interviews, not international offers without interview. Guess it's going to be January when the next letters come!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TIM118
(Gratz to post above)

Yay! Offer for MMORSE =)

what where your grades and predictions if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 193
4 A's at AS, predicted 4 A*'s at A2.
Had my interview on the 30th.
Reply 194
I got AABB at AS and I'm predicted A*A*A*A (but one of the A*'s I already have in maths)
Reply 195
I know someone else who received an offer that was predicted A*A*A* - I think it's fair to say the A2 predictions probably play the biggest factor when the Stats admission tutors are trying to distinguish between applicants.
Original post by Ree69
I know someone else who received an offer that was predicted A*A*A* - I think it's fair to say the A2 predictions probably play the biggest factor when the Stats admission tutors are trying to distinguish between applicants.

Was that without A2 further maths?

I don't think I am gonna get in
Reply 197
Original post by DymentriX
Was that without A2 further maths?

I don't think I am gonna get in

No, with. I haven't seen anyone apply for MORSE with single maths!
so the interview yesterday was interesting :smile:
Reply 199
Original post by like_a_star
so the interview yesterday was interesting :smile:

Go on...!

Quick Reply

Latest