The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joshgoldman
Go on...!

within the first minute of getting in i managed to knock the same glass of juice over twice :/ but i guess it broke the ice lol then the rest of the day was really good and i really enjoyed myself :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 201
Original post by like_a_star
within the first minute of getting in i managed to knock the same glass of juice over twice :/ but i guess it broke the ice lol then the rest of the day was really good and i really enjoyed myself :biggrin:

Hahahahah!
got an offer for MORSE today :biggrin: :biggrin:
Does being predicted A*A*A (Maths, Further Maths and Physics) guarantee me an offer for G100 Maths?

I'm having doubts that I'll get one, although it is early I guess...

Perhaps I need A*A*A* -_-
Original post by TooEasy123
Does being predicted A*A*A (Maths, Further Maths and Physics) guarantee me an offer for G100 Maths?

A*A*A is fine

what did you get predicted for step?

if you were predicted at least a grade 2, you are pretty much guaranteed a place.
Original post by jilebinator

Original post by jilebinator
A*A*A is fine

what did you get predicted for step?

if you were predicted at least a grade 2, you are pretty much guaranteed a place.

I haven't been predicted anything for that yet? :/ Was my referee supposed to state that!? It's kinda unheard of for people to do STEP at my college.

I've done some of the papers and I've managed Grade 2 on 1 of them, but the others I was just short... Got plenty of time though, although it'll go fast lol
Reply 206

Yeah relax, Warwick give out maths offers to anyone predicted AAB or higher.
Reply 207

I haven't been predicted anything for that yet? :/ Was my referee supposed to state that!? It's kinda unheard of for people to do STEP at my college.

I've done some of the papers and I've managed Grade 2 on 1 of them, but the others I was just short... Got plenty of time though, although it'll go fast lol

You'll get an offer. See http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/admissions/ug/faqs/#ansb1

I've never heard of people getting predicted grades for STEP before but I suppose this would depend on the school. Still, as long as you meet the minimum A-level predictions you'll be fine.
Original post by ttoby

Original post by ttoby
You'll get an offer. See http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/admissions/ug/faqs/#ansb1

I've never heard of people getting predicted grades for STEP before but I suppose this would depend on the school. Still, as long as you meet the minimum A-level predictions you'll be fine.

Thanks. :smile:

But surely people predicted AAB aren't going to meet the offer though lol.

Does that mean that I might still get in, if let's say, I got A*A*A but I got Grade 3 at STEP?
Reply 209

Thanks. :smile:

But surely people predicted AAB aren't going to meet the offer though lol.
That's just how they do things - give out lots of offers but then lots of people miss them on results day.

Does that mean that I might still get in, if let's say, I got A*A*A but I got Grade 3 at STEP?

If that happened, then you would have missed your offer, so you should assume you'll not get in and anything else is a bonus.

Depending on how many other people met their offers, there may be some spaces left over on the course. In this case, they would fill up those spaces with some of the people who just missed their offer. To decide which candidates get those spaces, they would look at STEP grades, and results in FP and M units. See http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/admissions/ug/faqs/#ansb8
Is there less Maths in Morse than a Maths degree, or are they similiar?
Reply 211
There are less compulsory Maths modules in Year 2 and Year 3 for MORSE, but if you really want to, you can do over 60% Maths in the third year, and 100% Maths modules in your third and fourth year.
Reply 212
An afterthought: If you want to go into a job that requires a certain degree of Maths competency, you might want to do Mathematics instead of MORSE (despite the cooler sounding name). Cause you can and will get people asking: "MORSE is well known as a financial and economics course - we're afraid you might not have enough Mathematics background..." despite sending over mark records of modules taken.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 213
Why is it that I struggle to find a single person that has been rejected from MORSE on TSR!!
Reply 214
Probably because they haven't given out rejections yet.. Unless you've heard of any?
Reply 215
Original post by CJAW
Probably because they haven't given out rejections yet.. Unless you've heard of any?

I mean in previous years. Don't know if there have been any this year yet.
Original post by joshgoldman
I mean in previous years. Don't know if there have been any this year yet.

when i had phoned warwick up they said they had rejected all the applicants they definitely didn't want.

but no one on tsr will post that they didn't get an offer. its too embarrassing, i guess.
Reply 217
@joshgoldman: Oh I see, I guess people wouldn't like to say!
@jilebinator: I agree. Were they happy to answer that?! I would have thought they'd be really cagey and say they can't say anything.
Reply 218
Any ideas on when the next set of interview letters will arrive?
Reply 219
Today.

Quick Reply

Latest