Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by jilebinator
i hope not.

What are your GCSEs, AS and A2 predictions if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 12 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 581
Original post by Mathssss
Is everyone who hasn't had an interview going to be rejected now?

Some people who weren't invited to interview got offers recently if I recall correctly so there is some hope (assuming of course you mean MORSE). I had my interview a couple of weeks back and am still to receive the offer for MORSE, I have the letter though and it says it could take 4/5 weeks for the offer to come through on Track.

That being said I did receive a Maths+Econ offer today.
Reply 582
Hi, has everyone here contacted the MORSE admin team who haven't gotten an offer yet ?

i'll only post them if i get an offer :colondollar:
Reply 584
Original post by powermanchu
Yeah. You can arrange a testing centre pretty much just about anywhere. If there is a University/Community College nearby, then call them and ask if they could proctor an exam for you. Most will have a testing centre and a dedicated proctor or set of proctors and the rest should be able to make arrangements for you. If that doesn't work, then you would opt for a dedicated proctoring/testing centre, if there is one close by. An example of this would be a Kaplan centre or an ELS language centre. If you don't want to do that or such a centre is not available, you can try contacting the local high school/school district and ask them if they can aid you with that. If still that doesn't work, call city hall/the local judge or someone like that and ask if they can proctor the exam.

To sum it up, it won't really be an issue. The only places I can see it being a problem would be out in a reservation in the middle of North Dakota or somewhere in the middle of Alaska.

Oh that's such a huge relief I can't even tell you! Thanks for everything - if I find a problem I might give you a PM soon :wink:.
Reply 585
From last year's thread, I think the last MORSE offer to be given out (via a track update) was on the 17th March. Also guys the term finishes tomorrow - so if we don't hear by tomorrow, I fear we may be waiting a very long time indeed...

I was wondering this too actually haha. PM me? :cool:
Reply 586

3 A*s, 5 As, 2 Bs for GCSEs. AAAA at AS and A*A*AB for A-Level after my Jan resits. (I'm on a gap year; a 'post-qualification applicant') Although even when I applied in October I had A*A*BB at A-Level.

You?
Reply 587
Original post by Ree69
3 A*s, 5 As, 2 Bs for GCSEs. AAAA at AS and A*A*AB for A-Level after my Jan resits. (I'm on a gap year; a 'post-qualification applicant') Although even when I applied in October I had A*A*BB at A-Level.

You?

2A* 7A 2B for GCSEs, AAAB at AS and A*AA prediction. I think I'm in line for a rejection soon..
Reply 588

Why?
Reply 589
2A* 7A 2B for GCSEs, AAAB at AS and A*AA prediction. I think I'm in line for a rejection soon..

Ah well we'll find out soon!

I'm sure you'll be fine - people on here have received interviews with AAA predictions. Last year I received an offer with A*AA(A) predictions.
Reply 590
Original post by Ree69
Ah well we'll find out soon!

I'm sure you'll be fine - people on here have received interviews with AAA predictions. Last year I received an offer with A*AA(A) predictions.

Yeah but I don't think many people get offers without interview
Reply 591
Yeah I guess; to be honest, last year I didn't even hear of anyone who get an offer without interview.
Reply 592
Has anyone actually been rejected yet?
okay, i phoned them up, they said they are still going through the applications but want to finish by march.

The lady said they have made a decision on my offer, but she doesn't know what the decision is.
so I think I'm rejected :frown:

on my grades, my AS levels are embarrassing, i took seven stupidly.... ill say my grades once i get an offer...
Reply 594
Christ, she told you they made a decision and not what the outcome is? If I were you I'd be going crazy
As long as they reply quicker than Lancaster did! Letter on Feb 22nd to say decision was made and to check Track shortly, Track finally updated YESTERDAY!! The waiting is the worst bit.
Original post by Ree69
Christ, she told you they made a decision and not what the outcome is? If I were you I'd be going crazy

meh, i'll wait and see now.

i think no matter what i'll firm Warwick maths. im not as bothered about as i was before the results came out. :smile:

my results means i can push for an A*A*A.
Reply 597
meh, i'll wait and see now.

i think no matter what i'll firm Warwick maths. im not as bothered about as i was before the results came out. :smile:

my results means i can push for an A*A*A.

Nice, I'll probably firm MORSE over Maths if I get an offer - really realy cba with STEP.
Reply 598
Has any1 heard yet? i'm thinking of phoning up. I actually had to miss the interview to prior arrangements with another Uni so I had asked to reschedule the interview but they said they had no other dates and not going to the interview will not affect my chances of getting an offer. They say that but i'm still worried.
Reply 599
Original post by gazzak
Has any1 heard yet? i'm thinking of phoning up. I actually had to miss the interview to prior arrangements with another Uni so I had asked to reschedule the interview but they said they had no other dates and not going to the interview will not affect my chances of getting an offer. They say that but i'm still worried.

They said that? I'm starting to question the purpose of even holding interviews to be honest - the process would be a lot faster and efficient if they just updated applicants' track instead of inviting them to an 'informal' interview. This wait is driving me crazy. :sad:

When was your interview meant to be? I think people who had theirs on the 29th Feb are still waiting to hear from UCAS for their 'official' offer.

Quick Reply

Latest