The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

I still have no offer, is it because I am applying for 2 courses and they want to make both offers at the same time?

NOTE: I have received a postcard to say they have received my application
(edited 12 years ago)
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Zolaboony
Anyone doing computer science at all?

Yes I am recieved my offer Sunday took about 3 weeks
Reply 342
Original post by douglasl
Has anyone applying for Adult Nursing got an offer? Brookes is my first choice and I am worried I am not going to get a place!

I'm applying for child nursing but haven't heard anything from them apart from a postcard to say they recieved my application :frown: xx
Reply 343
Original post by Jack22031994
I still have no offer, is it because I am applying for 2 courses and they want to make both offers at the same time?

NOTE: I have received a postcard to say they have received my application

I think it depends mostly on the department, however, i received an offer for a single degree after 1 month and a bit but just received an interview for a combined degree after almost 3 months. So probably you need approval from both departments. :smile:
I'm applying for accounting and finance and sent my UCAS off on the 17th of November, I only have an acknowledgment though. Apparently no news is good news in regards to offers, I hope so...
Reply 345
Original post by pongalo
Congratulations! Well I loved Cardiff, but im starting to think i'd prefer fine art, so maybe i'd firm UCL...I'm kinda hoping only one of them gives me an offer to make the decision easier lol

Ohh wow, What grades do you have?
LOOOL! Still good luck with both :P
bit of advice before firming a university choice is to wait until u recieve ur jan exam results. You dont have to make the decision until May so get ur results as these will be a better indication to ur summer results.

P.S The university is now closed until January.
Reply 347
Original post by Veee
Ohh wow, What grades do you have?
LOOOL! Still good luck with both :P

Thanks Im a reapplicant, i applied for arch last year at ucl but i had no idea how competitive it was and failed miserably at the task lol but i think my art is more fitting for fine art so fingers crossed! I got A*BCE in art, maths, geog and spanish so pretty bad compared to most ucl applicants :/ although im resitting (or resolving as my teacher says) the B and C to hopefully A and B in jan, but if i need to i'll resit in jun to get A's :smile:
Got and offer a few days ago for Law (ABB)

:biggrin:
How long have people had to wait for a response for architecture? :smile:
Reply 350
Original post by NickW-Moores
How long have people had to wait for a response for architecture? :smile:

Last year, 6 months (no joke!) i had to email them in the end :eek: but that was abnormally long
Reply 351
Original post by Pensivedore
Got and offer a few days ago for Law (ABB)

:biggrin:

Same here! You planning on firming it?
Original post by pongalo

6 months :redface: there's been shorter pregnancies then that :redface: hope it doesn't take too long :tongue: did they lose your application down the side of the coach, was you accepted then after all that wait?
Original post by pongalo
Last year, 6 months (no joke!) i had to email them in the end :eek: but that was abnormally long

6 months there's been shorter pregnancies then that hope it doesn't take too long did they lose your application down the side of the coach, was you accepted then after all that wait?
Reply 354
6 months there's been shorter pregnancies then that hope it doesn't take too long did they lose your application down the side of the coach, was you accepted then after all that wait?

Well i sent off my memory stick p/folio for the 21st of jan (or near enough) and didnt hear back from the them by the deadline unis had so i emailed them saying i havn't heard etc. I got a response saying there was some sort of problem and that it would be resolved within 24hrs. My track got updated after a while with an offer :smile: I don't know weather i supposed to get an offer (i thought my USB was awful!) as i didnt have an interview and i applied for a deferred entry but i didnt complain lol
Reply 355
Original post by pongalo
Thanks Im a reapplicant, i applied for arch last year at ucl but i had no idea how competitive it was and failed miserably at the task lol but i think my art is more fitting for fine art so fingers crossed! I got A*BCE in art, maths, geog and spanish so pretty bad compared to most ucl applicants :/ although im resitting (or resolving as my teacher says) the B and C to hopefully A and B in jan, but if i need to i'll resit in jun to get A's :smile:

Ohh, that's still not bad.. I didn't even apply there, I have the grades but it's just too competitive
Original post by pongalo

Original post by pongalo
Well i sent off my memory stick p/folio for the 21st of jan (or near enough) and didnt hear back from the them by the deadline unis had so i emailed them saying i havn't heard etc. I got a response saying there was some sort of problem and that it would be resolved within 24hrs. My track got updated after a while with an offer :smile: I don't know weather i supposed to get an offer (i thought my USB was awful!) as i didnt have an interview and i applied for a deferred entry but i didnt complain lol

Oh well that's good that you got it after all that wait :tongue:, you going there this year then for architecture? Liverpool and Brooke's are the two I'd most like to go too out of my choices
Reply 357
Oh well that's good that you got it after all that wait :tongue:, you going there this year then for architecture? Liverpool and Brooke's are the two I'd most like to go too out of my choices

I wish, but i missed out on the grades :frown: but im applying this year with the intention of boosting my grades enough :smile: I loved the course when i went to see it, but the city didn't really excite me...my grandma lives there...
Original post by pongalo

Original post by pongalo
I wish, but i missed out on the grades :frown: but im applying this year with the intention of boosting my grades enough :smile: I loved the course when i went to see it, but the city didn't really excite me...my grandma lives there...

Ohhhh did you get a conditional offer? What was it? The AAB on there page or? Yeh completely agree the university is my favourite choice the extra expense and lack of excitement of nightlife two negatives that's why I'd go Liverpool over Brooke's but I'd still go Brooke's and be happy haha
How's your grades looking this time around?
Original post by pongalo

What sort of task did they ask you to do and sorry to hear that, hope you get it this year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending