Original post by nick2012
Today has been a productive day. I made Lemon Cake :biggrin::cake::biggrin:

Hooray for cake. :smile:

Also, we are now on page

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5981
Cake sounds amazing. Care to share? :tongue:
Reply 5982
I want a slice of cake, I haven't had ages in ages.
Reply 5983
Original post by lizk123
Cake sounds amazing. Care to share? :tongue:

Original post by Latimer

If you were here I would give you cake, but this cake for my Latin lesson tomorrow. Latin on Mondays is unbearable without cake.
Reply 5984
Original post by Latimer

I have Christmas cake (still).
OMG I HAD BROWNIE FROM BOROUGH MARKET. YUM YUM :drool:
Original post by lizk123

Pep talk. Here goes. Just think of how satisfying it will be to get it finished. I know when I finished mine it was an amazing feeling, and then I went a bit crazy and spent a lot of the week drunk . . . but it was so great to feel 12,000 words worth of paper printed out and ready to hand in.

How many words have you got left on it?

about 8000, but my origional proposal isnt going to work anymore due to lack of resources in it as its very specific and urgh lol.
I cant wait til its done! along with the 8 other huge deadlines left of this degree!
good pep talks! i sent such a stress filled email to my tutor yesterday to which i got an email back going... "Is someone feeling a little bit hormonal?".... fml
I have Lebanese takeout. I was hungry, so I looked up takeout delivery, and there was Lebanese. I love living in London.
Original post by anshul95
OMG I HAD BROWNIE FROM BOROUGH MARKET. YUM YUM :drool:

OMG No Fair!!
Reply 5989
Original post by lcsurfer
about 8000, but my origional proposal isnt going to work anymore due to lack of resources in it as its very specific and urgh lol.
I cant wait til its done! along with the 8 other huge deadlines left of this degree!
good pep talks! i sent such a stress filled email to my tutor yesterday to which i got an email back going... "Is someone feeling a little bit hormonal?".... fml

That's quite an unprofessional thing for a tutor to say. I would be quite angry if I got an email like that.

I had a similar issue, in that the data I collected turned out to not really answer my original question, so I just had to keep tweaking it until it worked out. I was convinced I was going to fail it for a long time, until I got my mark back! So I am sure it'll work out for you in the end, even with all that other work to do. Keep smiling :smile:
Original post by Feartheunknown
OMG No Fair!!

all gone I am afraid.
Original post by lizk123
That's quite an unprofessional thing for a tutor to say. I would be quite angry if I got an email like that.

I had a similar issue, in that the data I collected turned out to not really answer my original question, so I just had to keep tweaking it until it worked out. I was convinced I was going to fail it for a long time, until I got my mark back! So I am sure it'll work out for you in the end, even with all that other work to do. Keep smiling :smile:

it was funny tbh... We know all out tutors on a personal basis due to the small department and course. I just replied with a witty comment.
Ive basically had a brain splurge on paper and just talking it out with my brother at the moment to try make sense of it.
I just need a 2:1 thats all i need!
Reply 5992
Original post by lcsurfer
it was funny tbh... We know all out tutors on a personal basis due to the small department and course. I just replied with a witty comment.
Ive basically had a brain splurge on paper and just talking it out with my brother at the moment to try make sense of it.
I just need a 2:1 thats all i need!

That's fair enough then, when my boss says something like that I hate it. But he is being a knob normally and isn't funny.
all gone I am afraid.

THAT'S IT tomorrow I'm going to Borough Market - or Patisserie Valerie - they do good stuff too (and it's closer)!
Reply 5994
Original post by Revd. Mike

You claim to have a good drinks knowledge....

I have Tanqueray, Kahlua, Pimm's Winter and Bailey's biscotti.I ran out of vodka for white russians :frown: And can think of nothing good to make!
our night was fun :biggrin:.

In other news I cant seem to get onto TC.....it keeps saying loading chat room but doesn't do anything :cry2:

that's what keeps happening to me as well anshul :sadnod:
Original post by thurin
OM NOM TEA I like tea :tea:

Tea is good :h:

He'll have about 30 pages of LGBT chat thread to go through by then. Poor guy...

Teehee, let's all quote him lots whilst he's gone. :mmm:

I tend not to write my essays linearly, so handwriting them is a pain - especially so in an exam. I need to work on that :s-smilie:
My neat handwriting goes to pot in an exam too. Even I can't read it sometimes.

I feel your pain -_-

Original post by nick2012
Today has been a productive day. I made Lemon Cake :biggrin::cake::biggrin:

Hurrah, cake! I haven't baked in aaaaaages, been too busy with uni work. Next week, this changes!

Original post by Jace Falco
I have Lebanese takeout. I was hungry, so I looked up takeout delivery, and there was Lebanese. I love living in London.

Inorite, it's awesome. I feel so sorry for people who live in crappy towns where the options for eating out/takeaway are "Indian or Chinese?"

Original post by zakiman
You claim to have a good drinks knowledge....

I have Tanqueray, Kahlua, Pimm's Winter and Bailey's biscotti.I ran out of vodka for white russians :frown: And can think of nothing good to make!

With those ingredients, I can't think of anything really although I imagine Kahlua and Baileys would probably mix nicely, especially in a glass of milk.

I'd recommend getting some tonic for G&Ts or apple juice for the Pimms :h:
REVISION IS SO BORING.

I've not even done much today but it's been awful.

watched a film of an opera, then realised it wasn't even the one I was supposed to be watching. Then read a couple of books, that probably weren't even that relevant.
Original post by Revd. Mike
Original post by Jace Falco

Inorite, it's awesome. I feel so sorry for people who live in crappy towns where the options for eating out/takeaway are "Indian or Chinese?"

To be fair, I live in a crappy backwater town and we have 2 Nepalese places. No bog-standard Indian takeout, but 2 Nepalese in a 3-mile radius.
Original post by Terpsikhore
To be fair, I live in a crappy backwater town and we have 2 Nepalese places. No bog-standard Indian takeout, but 2 Nepalese in a 3-mile radius.

But do you have Lebanese, Syrian, Thai or Korean?

Latest