The Student Room Group

Suggest me a good book to read

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
i love reading so i prefer reading recommended books :smile: its more likely for me to like them :smile: besides its summer holidays so its a nice way to spend my leisure time after the beach :smile: xx
Dubliners, or Revolutionary Road. Richard Yates always breaks my heart.
Reply 782
It's a pretty difficult question to be fair. I'm going to go with Jack Kerouac - On the Road.
Anything by Trudi Canavan and the Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks. The view from the Mirror Quartet by Ian Irvine, there are some follow on books set in the same place too, set hundreds of years later. The Inheritance series, by Christopher Poalini, any of the Edge chronicles by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddle :biggrin:
Reply 784
Original post by allyEp
really ? i've heard of it what is it about :smile: ??

It's about a man who lives in Nazi Germany. His son is killed in the war and he and his wife start an anti-Nazi campaign by writing postcards and leaving them in conspicuous public places. The story follows their lives plus those of a few others and the investigation by the Gestapo into who's dropping the postcards. That's all I can really say without spoiling the plot but I stayed up until 4am to finish it, it had my heart racing at the end, fantastically written. Strongly recommended! :smile:
The Harry Potter books! :yep:
Reply 786
harry potter :tongue:
Reply 787
The Well of Loneliness - Radclyffe Hall. First book to ever reduce me to tears, floods of tears.
Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult.
My favourite book in the whole wide world
Captain Corelli's Mandolin :3
Trudi Canavan's Black Magician Trilogy
Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights
Original post by Lady_Fantabulous
Anything by Trudi Canavan and the Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks. The view from the Mirror Quartet by Ian Irvine, there are some follow on books set in the same place too, set hundreds of years later. The Inheritance series, by Christopher Poalini, any of the Edge chronicles by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddle :biggrin:

Wow, you have a great taste in books :biggrin:
Reply 792
i forgot to mention iain banks, espedair street and the crow road, and christopher brookmyre! i dont think its possible to have one favourite book!
The Godfather :smile:

Mario Puzo, pure genius:smile:

I also liked his book 'The Family'
Reply 794
i only finished my final year university exams last thursday and im already bored, all i do is watch crappy daytime tv, go on facebook and thestudentroom so i thought if i start reading it'll make unemployment more bearable!

can anyone recommend me some book/authors? im mainly interested in crime with a hearty dose of...'vavavoom'...or a bit of spice :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
You into the classics?
Reply 796
How about The hard way by Lee Child?
Reply 797
Original post by rugbyladosc
You into the classics?

Sure, I'll give anything a go. I went to the library today but didn't get a book because I didn't know what I was looking for!
Reply 798
I feel like reading one as it's been a while since I have done.
Not His Dark Materials, Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.
Reply 799
Magician by Raymond Feist

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending