The Student Room Group

Personal Statement help for Dietetics Course!!!

HI! im pretty confused and sorry if this posts in the wrong place but i need desperate help i really need to make a start on my personal statement but i have no idea what key things are like required in it when applying to a dietetics course. I basically got ideas of what i could do (done spider diagram) but i want to know if theres key things i need to tlak about:
like the only work experience i have is two weeks in "the body shop", doin a 1 week placement at Astrazeneca doing a silver crest award and voluntary work at the local ucan centre( which basically doing emails and organising folders and sorting meetings), i'm hoping to sort out a 1 week work ex in a nhs clinic during half term in the dietition department so il be able to tlak about that on my "ps"
I really want to do the course but desperatly need help with personal statement anyway was hopin you guys could give me some tips on what key things are required in a personal statement for dietetics???
would really appreciate your help asap

(panikin student :smile:
Risaaa
Reply 1
Original post by pinkpineapple
Hi there,

I think it is important to mention are why you are interested in nutrition and health and to show that you have an understanding of what a dietitian does. Research the role of the dietitian (the British Dietetic Association website bda.uk.com is especially useful) and explain how you think this role matches you. Planning a visit to your local dietetic department at your nearest hospital is also a great thing to do and to talk about.

Hope that helps.

hey thankyouu for replying rite now im actually trying to sort oout some work experience but finding it really difficult because applied to the nhs clinic dietetics department on monday but recieved no reply yet and worried they may say no. And theres no other places i could do work ex as i could apply to the hospital but it will take to long and i really need to do it before ucas deadline so i can mention it in my personal statment. but i was wondering if i got work ex with a nutritionist such as a place like this e.g >>http://www.medi-wellclinic.com/treatments.html will the dietetics degree still consider worthy work ex even though its not with a dietician???

thanks again :smile:xx
btw if i posting this twice ma bad this website slightly confusing :confused::confused:
Reply 2
hey thankyouu for replying rite now im actually trying to sort oout some work experience but finding it really difficult because applied to the nhs clinic dietetics department on monday but recieved no reply yet and worried they may say no. And theres no other places i could do work ex as i could apply to the hospital but it will take to long and i really need to do it before ucas deadline so i can mention it in my personal statment. but i was wondering if i got work ex with a nutritionist such as a place like this e.g the medi-wellclinic will the dietetics degree still consider worthy work ex even though its not with a dietician???

thanks again :smile:xx

Quick Reply

Latest