The Student Room Group

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
hey guys,

I applied for the LSE Msc Management this year and would like to know how good my chances are to get an offer from LSE?
Could anyone who got an offer tell me what his profile looks like?

Here is my profile:

Degree: Bachelor in business administration in Germany
(1.5/5.0)
Gmat: 660 (quant: 47; verbal: 660; 81%)
Experience: 2 Internships in investmentbanking (each 3 months), one internship at Industry Corporation (2 months)

Thanks in advance!
It was my references and PS that got me into LSE, not GMAT nor my not so special grades. It is not all about the quant stats!
Original post by Blaasofapute
It was my references and PS that got me into LSE, not GMAT nor my not so special grades. It is not all about the quant stats!

What course did you apply for?
Reply 1583
Original post by emelia.dsilva
hey I am planning to apply to LSE for the 2012 entry... Well I know I am pretty late but due to various reasons I didnt apply earlier. I will send in my application by the 18th of this month. I am currently in the final year of degree college and will graduate this May. I am an economics major student from India. Here's a list of questions I have.
1. What are the chances of being admitted to the Msc Econometrics Course?
2. Can I apply to more than one course?
3. Is it possible to submit GRE scores later?

To be honest, next to impossible at this time of the year, that is one of the most competitive LSE programs.
Reply 1584

Same here.

Most people believe that if their grades are exceptional, they will be offered a place.
Reply 1585

could you please clarify ?
I applied to MSc in Accounting and Finance.

My grades are relative average compared with other applicants and my GMAT is well below last years average of 680.
Reply 1587
Original post by smirrah
I was wondering if anyone knows how LSE stands in the States? I'm heavily considering the two-year MPA in Intl Dev at LSE, which is very quant & econ focused (in comparison to their one-year MScs in IR topics). I'm in at SAIS as well as GW ($$), but my sig. other is English and will be in London for the next couple of years.

I know US schools like SAIS has a much stronger rep. and better network, but is it that much better than LSE if I were to come back to the States once I'm done? I don't want to go into a potentially disastrous long distance relationship if the difference isn't that major.

Thanks for any insight.

If you're going back to the US would definitely go with SAIS.
Does anyone know how long it will take to get a response from LSE?

The application was complete by mid february and I only got the fourth email today. I ask not because I'm impatient but that I hold offers from soem great non-UK unis that have given me a mid-April deadline to respond. =((
Just received a conditional offer for the MSc in Gender, Policy and Inequalities via email. Very exciting! Anyone else apply for this course? Or know anything about it (other than what is on the website)?
Reply 1590
Original post by achpolicy
Just received a conditional offer for the MSc in Gender, Policy and Inequalities via email. Very exciting! Anyone else apply for this course? Or know anything about it (other than what is on the website)?

Heya!:wavey:

Firts off...Congratz for your offer!! :biggrin:

Sorry to bother you, but since this is the same course I am interested in atm...would I have a chance if, say, I applied now?

I graduated in January from a foreign uni, and hold a MA already...do I stand a chance?

Thankss :smile:
Original post by Ciccina

Sorry to bother you, but since this is the same course I am interested in atm...would I have a chance if, say, I applied now?

I graduated in January from a foreign uni, and hold a MA already...do I stand a chance?

Thank you! To be honest I really don't believe I am the right person to judge whether you have a chance...I'm surprised I even got in and am not sure exactly what it is they look for in successful applicants for this course. However, on the website it states that it is best to apply before the end of June, and since this program is not one of their largest or most popular programs (e.g. Finance, Economics, Accounting) then I believe that you would still have a chance of consideration if you applied now. I would suggest that you act quickly but give it a shot! This is a fairly small course so if you are qualified I don't think the late application would really harm you too much. Then again, I don't work at LSE so this is all speculation.

What foreign school are you from? I'm from the U.S. and will be graduating with my B.A. in May.
Reply 1592
Hey guys, I got my 4th email for Accounting and Finance (1st choice) and Finance (2nd choice) 3 weeks ago. I know it takes them about 8 weeks to respond, but I got a full scholarship + free accommodation (valued at ~£24,000) for another school. I must confirm the offer and the scholarship in about 10 days. Do you think that if I call LSE and tell them 'I got a free ride for another school, can you tell me if I'm accepted by the end of next week' they would be accommodating?
Original post by lego
Hey guys, I got my 4th email for Accounting and Finance (1st choice) and Finance (2nd choice) 3 weeks ago. I know it takes them about 8 weeks to respond, but I got a full scholarship + free accommodation (valued at ~£24,000) for another school. I must confirm the offer and the scholarship in about 10 days. Do you think that if I call LSE and tell them 'I got a free ride for another school, can you tell me if I'm accepted by the end of next week' they would be accommodating?

Call up both schools and explain the situation, one should hopefully be accomodating.
Reply 1594
Hello All,

For those of you that have been nominated for a LSE PhD Scholarship by your department decisions are being made this week. I called about 30 mins ago and asked (badgered) the very kind lady at the funding office. She also said that if one is put on the reserve list he/she still stand a good chance for funding.

Fingers Crossed (for you and me haha)

C.
Original post by Ciccina

Brilliant news well done! I've also been offered a place on this course.
Thank you! To be honest I really don't believe I am the right person to judge whether you have a chance...I'm surprised I even got in and am not sure exactly what it is they look for in successful applicants for this course. However, on the website it states that it is best to apply before the end of June, and since this program is not one of their largest or most popular programs (e.g. Finance, Economics, Accounting) then I believe that you would still have a chance of consideration if you applied now. I would suggest that you act quickly but give it a shot! This is a fairly small course so if you are qualified I don't think the late application would really harm you too much. Then again, I don't work at LSE so this is all speculation.

What foreign school are you from? I'm from the U.S. and will be graduating with my B.A. in May.

Whoops the congratulations should have been for you. I'm not great with computers. Ha Ha.
Original post by stormzstarrz
Whoops the congratulations should have been for you. I'm not great with computers. Ha Ha.

Haha thanks! Congratulations to you too! Are you accepting the offer?
Haha thanks! Congratulations to you too! Are you accepting the offer?

I've accepted it, not 100% certain I'm going as it is a heck of a lot of money. I was accepted at Leeds too, but I'd prefer LSE as it's closer to home. Leeds is a really good course though.

How about you?
Reply 1599
Accepted for my second choice: MPA in public and economic policy. :biggrin: woohoo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending