The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
GUYS!!! just got my conditional offer for law and business studies!!! dont know what the conditions are but still!!!! so pumped!!!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 981
Original post by smcc
When you guys got an offer, did you get informed by MyEd EUCLID or via UCAS or both? :smile:

ucas first, then myed sent me an email!
Reply 982
Does anyone know whether you are already notified via e-mail about offers if you have not received the UCAS welcome letter yet? I'm not from the UK, sent off my application at the deadline day and did not get the letter yet. Could it be that there are already offers (or notifications about being declined) which I do not know of?
Reply 983
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the decision for postgraduate courses?
Original post by MartinK
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the decision for postgraduate courses?

Hey Martin! I applied 10 days ago, got my offer yesterday for an MA in Mediterranean Archaeology. I was surprised at how quick they answered!
What course did you apply for?

x Gab
Reply 985
not sure if it's too early, but has anyone decided on what accomodation they want yet? :smile:
Reply 986
Original post by GabrielleT
Hey Martin! I applied 10 days ago, got my offer yesterday for an MA in Mediterranean Archaeology. I was surprised at how quick they answered!
What course did you apply for?

x Gab

Hi Gab,
First of all congrads!

I applied this Monday, so maybe I will hear from them next week and I applied for Msc in Management.

Edinburgh is great, you will love it I visited it last summer!

Have a great weekend,
Martin
Well done I'm going to be studying international business this september. Do you know any one else that has studied this.
Reply 988
Original post by Sir Fox
Does anyone know whether you are already notified via e-mail about offers if you have not received the UCAS welcome letter yet? I'm not from the UK, sent off my application at the deadline day and did not get the letter yet. Could it be that there are already offers (or notifications about being declined) which I do not know of?

UCAS sends you an e-mail every time there has been some change to your Track status. Usually Universities notify you as well when you receive an offer. The conditions, however, are detailed on the Track page. You can log in by using your UCAS ID, and the same username and password as you have used in Apply. EU applicants usually receive their welcome letter within 21 days, but it can take a little longer around the deadline. Good luck with your application!
Reply 989
Original post by andras
UCAS sends you an e-mail every time there has been some change to your Track status. Usually Universities notify you as well when you receive an offer. The conditions, however, are detailed on the Track page. You can log in by using your UCAS ID, and the same username and password as you have used in Apply. EU applicants usually receive their welcome letter within 21 days, but it can take a little longer around the deadline. Good luck with your application!

Thanks for this info. Yet, when trying to log in with the same details I used for 'Apply', I am not successful. Tried that earlier but it is even stated by UCAS, that you need a new ID which can be found on the Welcome Letter. Which I do not have :wink:
Reply 990
Anyone who applied to design and digital media heard a decision yet?
Reply 991
Original post by Sir Fox
Thanks for this info. Yet, when trying to log in with the same details I used for 'Apply', I am not successful. Tried that earlier but it is even stated by UCAS, that you need a new ID which can be found on the Welcome Letter. Which I do not have :wink:

If this is your first application through UCAS, the same details should work, but Track might be unavailable this weekend due to some maintenance. If it still won't work, don't worry, you'll be able to log in once you receive your welcome letter, it will probably arrive next week. Anyway, you will be noticed via e-mail if you receive any offers.

Original post by mpc1
Did anyone try getting into myed? There seems to be an ERROR tab at the end at the top within EUCLID. Is this normal for all ?

Can anyone confirm please?

Also did anyone receive the fee status questionnaire from Edinburgh yet? any idea, typically to whom , this is sent?

Same here...I've been getting that error message for a week now. I contacted the helpline but they haven't been much help :/
Applying for Masters in Public Health..anyone else??
Reply 994
Original post by fickle_heart
Applying for Masters in Public Health..anyone else??

Applied to Design and Digital Media. haven't heard anything from them.
why so slow...?
Reply 995
I sent my application off in December, every university except Edinburgh got back to me very swiftly (my offer from Glasgow appeared on UCAS just a few days after my application was sent). I've applied for physics and got unconditionals from every university, and I want to know as soon as possible if they are going to make me an offer, and if so what kind (conditional or unconditional), so I can start organising the next stage of my life. What time of year do you expect they'll get back to me?
Anyone applied for a deferred entry?
Original post by James94
I sent my application off in December, every university except Edinburgh got back to me very swiftly (my offer from Glasgow appeared on UCAS just a few days after my application was sent). I've applied for physics and got unconditionals from every university, and I want to know as soon as possible if they are going to make me an offer, and if so what kind (conditional or unconditional), so I can start organising the next stage of my life. What time of year do you expect they'll get back to me?

I was looking at Edin Uni website, Physics dept page yesterday regarding what student accommodation is near Kings Buildings, and I noticed they have details of 3 Physics "offer holders only" open days. The first open day is on 29th Feb, so presumably Physics offers will be made at least a week before that or people wouldn't have time to arrange to go to it...... so hopeful by/before 20th Feb for Physics applicants?
Reply 998
Original post by mikeandadamsmum
I was looking at Edin Uni website, Physics dept page yesterday regarding what student accommodation is near Kings Buildings, and I noticed they have details of 3 Physics "offer holders only" open days. The first open day is on 29th Feb, so presumably Physics offers will be made at least a week before that or people wouldn't have time to arrange to go to it...... so hopeful by/before 20th Feb for Physics applicants?

Thanks, that was very helpful, gave you rep.
Original post by mikeandadamsmum

I don't suppose you have a link?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending