The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elebuughoti
d'aww, we have our very own thread troll.

How cute!! >=<
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1181
Original post by ecko1o1
Edinburgh is a crap uni, don't know why anyone would want to go there except for stupid scots who are pretty much reserved a place just for being scottish. Nothing good about that place.

so man, stay just away from this forum. Because you are definetly useless on it. Let the people decide by themselves, there is not just oxbridge, ucl, warwick, IC in life (even if there are great unis as edinburgh according to its international reputation). Scotland, scottish and especially edinburgh are one of the nicest country, people and city I have ever seen in my life of little frog (= I am french from Paris) and I have traveled a lot in my life. I prefer definetly people in scotland than london but I have nothing against them, there are very kind too (I mean not all of them). fair enough just stop denigrating and start by showing some good and strong arguments (more clever in my opinion):angry::angry::angry:
Reply 1182
I applied for entry for last year and this year
last years application still shows up but with blank status (I got a rejection :/)
this years application still says 'pending'

that's really not helpful or reassuring, but hopefully blank status means nothing :smile: I'm still going mad waiting though :s
Last year - blank my application status and no change from "my fee status" to "my fee details" = rejection. Blank application status+my fee details appearing = offer. Ucas often updated hours or days after these changes.

This year - being done a little differently. several who have had offers say Ucas updated before my application status changed on Euclid. A number of people have had their "my fee details" added, but application status left "pending", not blank - including my sons, 3 weeks ago.

My theory is that this year they are uploading "my fee details" to applicants Euclidaccount when they make a decision about that applicant, but they are not changing the application status box until they inform Ucas (and that could be in small batches over weeks, or all at once, depending on the department).

It all means something...... sadly we can only speculate at this stage.
Original post by mikeandadamsmum
Last year - blank my application status and no change from "my fee status" to "my fee details" = rejection. Blank application status+my fee details appearing = offer. Ucas often updated hours or days after these changes.

This year - being done a little differently. several who have had offers say Ucas updated before my application status changed on Euclid. A number of people have had their "my fee details" added, but application status left "pending", not blank - including my sons, 3 weeks ago.

My theory is that this year they are uploading "my fee details" to applicants Euclidaccount when they make a decision about that applicant, but they are not changing the application status box until they inform Ucas (and that could be in small batches over weeks, or all at once, depending on the department).

Where do you see the fee status/details field? :smile:
Reply 1185
Original post by Caitlin_Healy
Where do you see the fee status/details field? :smile:

Home -> Fees and fuding
Original post by Gales
Home -> Fees and fuding

ooo it shows the fee details, there may be hope haha!
I GOT AN OFFER YAYAYAYAY so happy I could cry
Just checked EUCLID and my application status is blank but the offer has come through on UCAS for all those wondering about EUCLID
Reply 1188
^ lucky you! Congrats :smile:

I hope you are right! I have this "My fee details"added for about three days but neither Ucas, nor my Edaccount has been changed. However, does "my fee details"mean you are getting for sure an unconditional or conditional offer or they could add it to you even if you're gonna be rejected? I know how awkward this sounds but I'm really confused now. :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mons7re
^ lucky you! Congrats :smile:

I hope you are right! I have this "My fee details"added for about three days but neither Ucas, nor my Edaccount has been changed. However, does "my fee details"mean you are getting for sure an unconditional or conditional offer or they could add it to you even if you're gonna be rejected? I know how awkward this sounds but I'm really confused now. :confused:

Last year - they only added my fee details to peoples Euclid accounts if they were going to make that person an offer.
Then application status would go blank (often at the same time but not always). Ucas would update hours/days later.

I can't imagine why they would bother to upload individual "my fee details" unless it was in prep for an offer being made (I hope so anyway as my son is in the same position!). That is only my opinion though :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1190
Yeah, I think so, I just wanted to know if I understood your words correctly. Thank you for sharing your opinion, I hope that you are right. :tongue:
Original post by ecko1o1
Edinburgh is a crap uni, don't know why anyone would want to go there except for stupid scots who are pretty much reserved a place just for being scottish. Nothing good about that place.

Sorry to hear about the rejection.

Original post by gpostleth
I GOT AN OFFER YAYAYAYAY so happy I could cry
Just checked EUCLID and my application status is blank but the offer has come through on UCAS for all those wondering about EUCLID

Congratulations on the offer! What course was it for? :smile:
Mine is still 'pending'. Oh, Edi, you are tantalizing~.
Reply 1193
Why are my tuition fees estimated at 1820 pounds (on euclid)? I find it really difficult to get information about the fees on their websites, but I thought fees for Scottish and EU applicants are zero and for the rest of UK 9000?
Thanks for any help :colondollar:

Edit: nevermind, I just found it on their website :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by capa
Why are my tuition fees estimated at 1820 pounds (on euclid)? I find it really difficult to get information about the fees on their websites, but I thought fees for Scottish and EU applicants are zero and for the rest of UK 9000?
Thanks for any help :colondollar:

It is Zero, in effect, for Scottish students (and EU), but you have to apply for a student loan to cover the fees that you WOULD pay if you were a self supporting student (if this was your 2nd degree for example), then it sort of gets cancelled, and you pay/borrow Zero for fees.

Ah, just noticed you are English! Sorry, yes £9000.
(edited 12 years ago)

Mine is still 'pending'. Oh, Edi, you are tantalizing~.

Mine too:s-smilie:
Original post by einstein123
Mine too:s-smilie:

Same here!, It is torture :frown:
It is Zero, in effect, for Scottish students (and EU), but you have to apply for a student loan to cover the fees that you WOULD pay if you were a self supporting student (if this was your 2nd degree for example), then it sort of gets cancelled, and you pay/borrow Zero for fees.

£1820 is the figure for last year's English students. (We're paying them!) Is it possible they've not yet updated their figures? Naughty of them, if so.

+1, i was a bit confused as well :smile:
sorry for bothering, but does it mean that as an EU student I can apply for a students loan and then I don't have to pay anything at all? sorry , it must be very obvious , but i'm a bit confused :colondollar:
Original post by ecko1o1

I got an offer today and I am ecstatic about it! I also live in England and go to a public school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending