The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akbarm2001
No, currently I don't currently live in the UK, but my family and I plan on moving late August. What about yourself? Are you excited for the beginning of school?

Oh that's nice! Yes same here, I am an international student but will be moving there without my family as I am boarding. Where are you from? Yes I am very excited. It's also nice to speak to someone that's also new! Hahah. Have you been to the school already? I couldn't travel there for the exams so I still haven't seen it.
Hi Lennie. Iam shreya. Iam planning to join in sevenoaks. I really really want to know about the environment there. I will be entering sixth form and I am an oversea applicant. It will be really helpful if u let me know about the school.thank u
Hi guys well my question might be quite irrelevant since i only start to do research on schools but sevenoaks only offers IB courses right ?
Original post by justsienna__
Hi guys well my question might be quite irrelevant since i only start to do research on schools but sevenoaks only offers IB courses right ?

for year 12 and 13 yes
Original post by lennie4404
for year 12 and 13 yes

Thank you very much :smile: but what about year 10 ...
Original post by justsienna__
Thank you very much :smile: but what about year 10 ...

umm im not sure but the website should say
Hey! I am Amy and I am going to take the Sevenoaks entrance test on October. I'm just wondering if there would been any advice for my tests? I am going to take English HL, Math HL, and History HL, are they difficult? What questions do they normally ask? Thanks!
mj
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Amyllolllll
Hey! I am Amy and I am going to take the Sevenoaks entrance test on October. I'm just wondering if there would been any advice for my tests? I am going to take English HL, Math HL, and History HL, are they difficult? What questions do they normally ask? Thanks!

Yes please
Original post by lennie4404
No problem. It is called thinking skills : critical thinking and problem solving. The author is john butterworth. I got recommended it by a tutor and yes I took the exams, and got in. This book was actually very similar to the critical thinking test. How come you're taking the tests now? Aren't applications due for 2017? Or are you applying for 2018? Regards! And good luck!

Thanks a lot! Yes 2018. Do you have any pointers for the entrance tests? I'm so nervous--taking it in a few days.....
Guys did anyone receive any email from the school asking for recommendation letter?
Guys did anyone receive any email from the school asking for recommendation letter?

No I didn't. What did it say?
I didn't receive it but I think we are supposed to
Hey,
Had anyone heard from Sevenoaks? If so, what does it say in the email?
Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)

Hi Amy. Are you joining sevenoaks for sixth form in 2020?
Hi, does anyone know what sixth form boarding in gih, pg and sennocke are like? I know that in sennocke you get your own room in sixth form. What about in the other houses? Do you have to share a room? thx xx
Reply 636
Original post by 654415
Hi, does anyone know what sixth form boarding in gih, pg and sennocke are like? I know that in sennocke you get your own room in sixth form. What about in the other houses? Do you have to share a room? thx xx

Hiya, I was actually in Sennocke for the 5 years I was at Sevenoaks. In Sennocke you have to share with one other person in L6 but guaranteed your own room in U6. I think PG is the same.
GIH because there are so many of you in one house in L6 you may have to share with more than one other person (I think up to 4), I'm not entirely sure if you get your own room in U6 but I think most people do? I could be wrong though
Original post by madboo
Hiya, I was actually in Sennocke for the 5 years I was at Sevenoaks. In Sennocke you have to share with one other person in L6 but guaranteed your own room in U6. I think PG is the same.
GIH because there are so many of you in one house in L6 you may have to share with more than one other person (I think up to 4), I'm not entirely sure if you get your own room in U6 but I think most people do? I could be wrong though

Thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending