The Student Room Group

Sevenoaks School

Hi everyone,

So a few weeks ago, I received my outcome letter for Sevenoaks School and I was waitlisted :/. How likely is it to be moved out of the waitlist? I heard it's a tendency for students to drop out of the accepted roster. Will the fact that I'm an International Student give me an advantage over other waitlisted candidates?

All responses are appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Where did you apply from?
Reply 2
Original post by elandra
Where did you apply from?

I made a direct application from Vietnam
Original post by tnguyen5
I made a direct application from Vietnam

Ah, where did you sit the exams?

I think because sevenoaks prides itself on being an international school that those applying from abroad have a slightly higher chance of being accepted than those applying openly.
Reply 4
I

Original post by elandra
Ah, where did you sit the exams?

I think because sevenoaks prides itself on being an international school that those applying from abroad have a slightly higher chance of being accepted than those applying openly.

I sat the exams in my school, there's an option to do that but you need to send an application first. Sevenoaks is actually an independent school, just with an international environment. What do you mean by "applying openly"?
Reply 5
Hi everyone,

So a few weeks ago, I received my outcome letter for Sevenoaks School and I was waitlisted :/. How likely is it to be moved out of the waitlist? I heard it's a tendency for students to drop out of the accepted roster. Will the fact that I'm an International Student give me an advantage over other waitlisted candidates?

All responses are appreciated

congratulations! i think youll find out latest by the end of january as thats when a lot of students decide which schools they want to finalise going to, plus i think sevenoaks doesn't account your background just you as a person to see if you can thrive at the school
Reply 6
Original post by _jjc190
congratulations! i think youll find out latest by the end of january as thats when a lot of students decide which schools they want to finalise going to, plus i think sevenoaks doesn't account your background just you as a person to see if you can thrive at the school

ill be doing my IGCSE mocks during January so do you think Sevenoaks might factor in my results if I do really well, as well as my predicted grades?
Reply 7
ill be doing my IGCSE mocks during January so do you think Sevenoaks might factor in my results if I do really well, as well as my predicted grades?

no i think its more about the number of positions available depending if certain students decide to withdraw from an acceptance
Reply 8
Original post by _jjc190
no i think its more about the number of positions available depending if certain students decide to withdraw from an acceptance

Do you go there? -- I'd love to talk more about it through instagram
Reply 9
Do you go there? -- I'd love to talk more about it through instagram

i dont haha but i have friends who got accepted for 2020 intake but i went to their summer programme this year, ive applied to other schools tho
I

I sat the exams in my school, there's an option to do that but you need to send an application first. Sevenoaks is actually an independent school, just with an international environment. What do you mean by "applying openly"?

Ah I meant applying locally, spelling mistake 😅That’s what I did, but I have an international background so I was lucky. Did you apply anywhere else?
Reply 11
Original post by _jjc190
i dont haha but i have friends who got accepted for 2020 intake but i went to their summer programme this year, ive applied to other schools tho

what was the programme like?
Reply 12
it was really nice,, most of the people there applied for sixth form and took it for the opportunity to look at the school. some of the modules and excursions were also quite interesting, we got to go to brighton etc and they gave us free time in which we got to spend shopping with our friends etc. overall, the summer camp didn’t focus much on academics, just in like open discussions and insightful talks (you got the opportunity to talk to the admissions lady, got a visit from the medical mavericks) oh and we used most of the facilities - the sporting building for example.
what was the programme like?

Hi, I’m in the same situation as you- waitlisted. Want to insta dm to talk more abt it?
Reply 14
Original post by cvghhhfd
Hi, I’m in the same situation as you- waitlisted. Want to insta dm to talk more abt it?

yup, just sent my insta to you
Reply 15
Original post by cvghhhfd

Hey! did you get accepted?
Reply 16
No, i didn't -- wbu?
Reply 17
Original post by 654415
Hey! did you get accepted?

no, i didn't -- wbu?
Reply 18
no, i didn't -- wbu?

still haven't heard anything from them:frown: u know if anyone's been moved off of the wait list recently?
Reply 19
I know of one person -- I'll check for some more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending