The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Coolchick
No I haven't actually....I was going to apply for north london but I missed the deadline:/ I think I might apply for UWC aswell.....wat about u?

how did you find your sevenoaks papers?
Reply 81
Original post by arshadb
yeah same i didn't find them really hard, quite shocked i must say. apparently you just have to pass all your exams in order to be selected as a prospective pupil. that just means people literally fail in these papers.
same decemeber 1st.
have u applied to any other schools>

Yeah I applied to Haileybury, Wellington and Ardingly as well. I already got accepted into Ardingly, but I didn't really like it there as much as in the other school. What about you?
Reply 82
Original post by arshadb
how did you find your sevenoaks papers?

i found them ok the history maths standard and french were fine...maths higher was a little hard...but oh well im just gonna pray for the best....ahhhh so cloce to results......i reeellllyyyyy hope i get in otherwise all this hard work and worrying resulted in nothing...anyone know a way to pass time quickly :P
Reply 83
No I haven't actually....I was going to apply for north london but I missed the deadline:/ I think I might apply for UWC aswell.....wat about u?

Oh no! I applied to Westminster and Kings college, I cant believe were going to find out in like 12 hours! im getting soo impatient!!
Reply 84
Original post by arshadb
how did you find the eco paper? i found it pleasant. though i felt i needed more time

yeah same, I didnt find it too difficult, but i guess we'll find out tomorrow!
Reply 85
Original post by BomBom
Oh no! I applied to Westminster and Kings college, I cant believe were going to find out in like 12 hours! im getting soo impatient!!

Me too! I can't get to sleep....ahhhhh
Reply 86
Me too! I can't get to sleep....ahhhhh

Same! Im just watching loads of TV to try and stop thinking about it! that sort of time do you think we'll find out? because they said that they will send an email out tomorrow as well as a letter!
Reply 87
Original post by BomBom
Same! Im just watching loads of TV to try and stop thinking about it! that sort of time do you think we'll find out? because they said that they will send an email out tomorrow as well as a letter!

The worst thing is I'll probably be in the middle of a maths exam when the results get sent :s-smilie: ahhh well.......gooooood luck!!!!!!!:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 88
ok i didn't get into sevenoaks. anyone in this forum did??
Waiting list. fml.
Reply 90
I'm wait listed as well... fml :frown:
I got in last year and didn't take it :smile:
Reply 92
yay i got in :smile: now just to persuade my dad hehe...good luck to every1 that was waitlisted
Reply 93
I got in too!!!
Reply 94
hi guys, well done to everyone who got in!!! and goodluck to everyone on the wait list, a couple of them definitely get in :smile: i got into sevenoaks and kings college school london, i live closer to kings and i got an academic scholarship there but sevenoaks is obviouslyy more prestigious but id have to be a boarder, and come home only about once a month. both of them are almost equal in academics though... which one would you choose?
Reply 95
I'm in exactly the same situation as you! I got a scolarship to Kings too but I really dont know which one to choose! I'd really want to go to Sevenoaks but Im not sure about boarding, and Im also not sure If i want to turn down my scolarship at kings!
Reply 96
Original post by BomBom

Original post by BomBom
I'm in exactly the same situation as you! I got a scolarship to Kings too but I really dont know which one to choose! I'd really want to go to Sevenoaks but Im not sure about boarding, and Im also not sure If i want to turn down my scolarship at kings!

ahh really!! did you meet mr halls too? I'm siding a little more towards kings right now, but let me know what youll be choosing and why. i think theyre reaalllyy similar- sevenoaks is 2nd and kings is 4th and comes up every year and the scholarships will probably help in the future for unis and stuff. i think in sevenoaks it might be a little competitive and hard to cope as we'll be boarding :/ good luck choosing though!
Reply 97
Oh, i got an offer from Sevenoaks as well! I had actually completely forgotten they would send them out on the 1st, i thought it would be like by the end of december,

Anyway, i didn't yet accept... Because im still considering going to st clares which is just such a nice an liberate school, but of course not as prestigous and demanding as Sevenoaks.
Do you guys know whether SO is really, really strict and stuff?

good luck for those on the waitlist!
Reply 98
Original post by GentlemanOfTheRoad
I got in last year and didn't take it :smile:

Why did u reject it?
Reply 99
Original post by maaay
ahh really!! did you meet mr halls too? I'm siding a little more towards kings right now, but let me know what youll be choosing and why. i think theyre reaalllyy similar- sevenoaks is 2nd and kings is 4th and comes up every year and the scholarships will probably help in the future for unis and stuff. i think in sevenoaks it might be a little competitive and hard to cope as we'll be boarding :/ good luck choosing though!

Yeah I had mr halls for my interview, are you going for the thing at kings tomorrow evening? I can't believe how little time wave got to make our decision in!! I think I'm probably leaning a bit more towards sevenoaks right now but I'm
Still pretty undecided!

Latest

Trending

Trending