The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Also just got a Physics interview for the 24th!

GCSE: 10A*s, 2As
AS: AAAA
A2 Predictions: 2A*s, 2As
Course: Physics
Choices: York, Manchester, Durham, Cambridge, Cardiff
University of York
York
Original post by Rickylee
Anyone received offer for the MChem yet? I've not even been asked for an interview :/

Finally I've been processed by York!!
hi can anyone who applied to do chemistry MChem please tell me how long it took them to get requests for interviews / offers
Hello all :smile: I was just wondering if anybody was in a similar position to me and had received an offer from York or any other russel group uni's? To do English lit that is!

GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AA
AS: AAAB
Predicted: A*A*A

Thank you!
Reply 184
Original post by Charlieeeee
Hello all :smile: I was just wondering if anybody was in a similar position to me and had received an offer from York or any other russel group uni's? To do English lit that is!

GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AA
Predicted: A*A*A

Thank you!

Hey! Yep, I've applied for Oxford, York and Nottingham for English Literature and Language, which are Russell Group. ^^ I've also got an offer from Nottingham for AAA. Where else is it you're applying? You've got the same predicted grades as me, haha! :biggrin:
Ooh that's a worry :s I haven't received any yet... I've applied to York (surprisingly enough), Nottingham, Durham,Oxford and Cardiff! Are you taking the ELAT tomorrow morning by the way? :smile:
Reply 186
Ooh that's a worry :s I haven't received any yet... I've applied to York (surprisingly enough), Nottingham, Durham,Oxford and Cardiff! Are you taking the ELAT tomorrow morning by the way? :smile:

I'm sure you'll get some offers soon. ^^ Wow, all of yours are Russell Group... brave girl! Which is your backup? And indeed I am... absolutely bricking myself over it, haha, I was laughing with my English teacher after Sixth Form today about how scared I am! I take it you are as well? :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by lj94
Also just got a Physics interview for the 24th!

GCSE: 10A*s, 2As
AS: AAAA
A2 Predictions: 2A*s, 2As
Course: Physics
Choices: York, Manchester, Durham, Cambridge, Cardiff

Me too! I'm doing the Physics & Mathematics (equal) course. I don't think I can make the 24th though. :-/
Reply 188
Original post by tom_of_11.3
hi can anyone who applied to do chemistry MChem please tell me how long it took them to get requests for interviews / offers

Got my interview and guarantee of an offer the day after my ucas was processed.
I know, I'm starting to regret it now, what with my lack of offers :s well Cardiff's only AAB and i've applied to English and American studies at Nottingham so that's AAB too :smile: I'm absolutely terrified :s I've looked at all the past papers but I really can't do them :s eek!
Reply 190
Original post by Axellia
GCSE: A*A*A*A*AAAAAA
AS: AABBB (maths, eco, bio, music, general studies)
A2 predicted: A*A*AA (dropping music)
Course: L100 Straight Economics
Choices: York Edinburgh Oxford Leeds Bristol :smile:

Any other Economics applicants out there?

I'm applying for economics too :smile:

GCSE: 8A*s 4As
Choices: Oxford, LSE, Bristol, York, Sussex
Reply 191
Original post by Minz211

Original post by Minz211

and A2 predictions: A*AA
Wooo York! :smile:

GCSEs: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAA
AS: AAAA (French, Spanish, English Language, Geography)
A2 predicted: A*A*A
Course: French and Spanish language
Why York? The right distance from home, good uni, lovely city and good course
Choices: York, Leeds, Birmingham, Newcastle, Durham
Reply 193
I know, I'm starting to regret it now, what with my lack of offers :s well Cardiff's only AAB and i've applied to English and American studies at Nottingham so that's AAB too :smile: I'm absolutely terrified :s I've looked at all the past papers but I really can't do them :s eek!

Ahh, just because they're good Unis doesn't mean they necessarily take a long time... after all, I have my Notts one! I'm sure yours'll come through soon. :smile: Ohhh good luck for tomorrow! Let's just send each other good vibes :wink: Let's just hope the theme and texts are nice! <3
Original post by tpowertj

Oh right, hopefully tomorrow then for me
Original post by tpowertj

What were your a level predicted grades / subjects can I ask
Reply 196
Original post by tom_of_11.3
What were your a level predicted grades / subjects can I ask

I already have my A levels (sort of) A*A*A* in math phys econ and A* prediction in chem in january
Reply 197
Original post by Minz211

Message me when you get an offer? because you definitely will with those grades :smile:
Reply 198
Original post by Axellia
Message me when you get an offer? because you definitely will with those grades :smile:

aw thanks haha :smile: i will do, what college are you applying to in oxford? good luck with your offers and im sure you will get them (Y)
Reply 199
Original post by Joshp
I've applied for History and Politics and I'm without an offer! :frown:

Yeah same, i havent heard back from them yet :frown:, it's so nerve racking!! Is york your first choice, where else have you applied for history and politics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending