The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RHod
Ahh, well done for getting into Oxford!! I didn't bother applying because I knew I didn't stand a chance. Yeah you're kind of in a tricky situation, but im sure with hard work you'll be able to do it.

Hah it was a massive long shot. My head of sixth form had actually told me not to apply but i couldnt think of a 5th place I wanted to go anyway.
Yeeee, but then again, Im still in a better situation than if I were to have been rejected from Oxford, firmed Durham and had an AAA backup.. either way i need AAA for Uni, this way it's just a freaking amazing uni :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 781
Original post by silverspoonmess
Hah I just barely said anything. She asked if I wanted to expand on a point and I said something like "no, thanks", and it lasted for 7 out of the scheduled 20 minutes.

I'm probably not going to have one :frown: I thought my firm choice would be Durham (A*AA) and so my backup would be warwick exeter or york (AAA) but then much to my surprise I got into Oxford (AAA), so now AAA is my lowest offer anyway, and the same as my firm :/ But ah well, just have to make sure I get the As ...

Been there, don't envy you!

Although I suppose I envy your place at Oxford. I had mine and blew it. Good luck!
Reply 782
Hah it was a massive long shot. My head of sixth form had actually told me not to apply but i couldnt think of a 5th place I wanted to go anyway.
Yeeee, but then again, Im still in a better situation than if I were to have been rejected from Oxford, firmed Durham and had an AAA backup.. either way i need AAA for Uni, this way it's just a freaking amazing uni :smile:

Yeah, that's true. I'm assuming you'll firm Oxford then?
Original post by tommy1311
Must be the Politics department sorting offers! Congrats! :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile: have you heard then?
Reply 784
Original post by NotAnotherLaura
Thank you! :smile: have you heard then?

I have yeah, got an 'unconditional' this evening! First offer so I'm over the moon.

Where else you applied?
Been there, don't envy you!

Although I suppose I envy your place at Oxford. I had mine and blew it. Good luck!

Thanks, where did you end up?
Yeah, not getting the grades is becoming a frighteningly real possibility. Though i finish one A Level in Jan. Of my other 2 subjects, Physics i have a January module and History is part coursework, so I'm hoping to be able to go into the summer exams needing like Ds for overall As, and won't have to stress :smile:

Original post by RHod
Yeah, that's true. I'm assuming you'll firm Oxford then?

Fow' sho''
Oh my goodness! That is great! Well done. :smile:
Have applied to Exeter (Cornwall campus), Sussex, Lancaster and Nottingham, and only waiting to hear back from Nottingham. What about you? To read Politics?
Reply 787
Thanks, where did you end up?
Yeah, not getting the grades is becoming a frighteningly real possibility. Though i finish one A Level in Jan. Of my other 2 subjects, Physics i have a January module and History is part coursework, so I'm hoping to be able to go into the summer exams needing like Ds for overall As, and won't have to stress :smile:

Fow' sho''

I didn't. Missed my offer by eight marks, sacked off my insurance (Which I added even though I hadn't ever considered needing it, stupidly) and reapplied this year.

Oh my goodness! That is great! Well done. :smile:
Have applied to Exeter (Cornwall campus), Sussex, Lancaster and Nottingham, and only waiting to hear back from Nottingham. What about you? To read Politics?

Thanks :smile: Yeah Politics at Durham, Warwick, York and Nottingham. Still got one more space which I doubt I'll use. Only heard back from York, but acknowledgements from everywhere else so I'm hoping another offer comes soon. Where's our first choice?
Thanks :smile: Yeah Politics at Durham, Warwick, York and Nottingham. Still got one more space which I doubt I'll use. Only heard back from York, but acknowledgements from everywhere else so I'm hoping another offer comes soon. Where's our first choice?

Ahh, pretty nice Unis :smile: Well if you want to you've only got 5 more days to choose! Nottingham are waiting until after the deadline to decide for English Studdies, so at least I know not to expect it. I'm sure you'll hear soon! And it is great to have an offer under the belt.
Argh, well, it was Exeter because I love it down there (surfing society and everything :wink:), but I really like York (dare I say it, possibly more than Exeter), so I think I shall have to go on the open days to decide. I have to say that the atomsphere at York was great so, I just don't know.
Which would be your favourite if you heard back from all of them?
Reply 789
Ahh, pretty nice Unis :smile: Well if you want to you've only got 5 more days to choose! Nottingham are waiting until after the deadline to decide for English Studdies, so at least I know not to expect it. I'm sure you'll hear soon! And it is great to have an offer under the belt.
Argh, well, it was Exeter because I love it down there (surfing society and everything :wink:), but I really like York (dare I say it, possibly more than Exeter), so I think I shall have to go on the open days to decide. I have to say that the atomsphere at York was great so, I just don't know.
Which would be your favourite if you heard back from all of them?

I know! Might apply for another course at one which I've already applied to. Ah right, Durham and Warwick both said they MIGHT wait until the deadline, whatever that means. Which happen to be my two favourites probably, although I also like York. I'll have to go to the open days and do some serious thinking.
I know! Might apply for another course at one which I've already applied to. Ah right, Durham and Warwick both said they MIGHT wait until the deadline, whatever that means. Which happen to be my two favourites probably, although I also like York. I'll have to go to the open days and do some serious thinking.

Good plan, and good luck with the rest of the offers!
Reply 791
Good plan, and good luck with the rest of the offers!

Thanks! Same.

Speaking of open days actually, will their be separate open days put on for people with offers?
Thanks! Same.

Speaking of open days actually, will their be separate open days put on for people with offers?

I would think so, I have them for my other offers. :smile:
Reply 793
I would think so, I have them for my other offers. :smile:

Ah right cool. Hope they're soon!
Reply 794
Ahh, so stressed to see that people have been getting offers for Law, I haven't even been invited to an interview! Rejection here I come?! :frown:
Reply 795
Original post by daisy05
Ahh, so stressed to see that people have been getting offers for Law, I haven't even been invited to an interview! Rejection here I come?! :frown:

I'm sure they'll invite you to and interview, they have about 5 or 6 interview days( I think)!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 796
Original post by RHod
I'm sure they'll invite you to and interview, they have about 5 or 6 interview days( I think)!!

Fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 797
Original post by Historophilia
Is anyone still waiting on York for History? People I know have offers for it so i'm a tad worried...

I'm still waiting! Getting rather nervous now... 3 of my 5 universities haven't replied... rather frustrating.
Original post by daisy05

I'm in the same situation as you.

I felt the need to enquire with York about their remaining interview dates. They are: 15th February and also in March (didn't tell me a specific date).

Hopefully it means we'll get something this month or next month. There is still hope.
Original post by LColman
I'm still waiting! Getting rather nervous now... 3 of my 5 universities haven't replied... rather frustrating.

I've found quite a few people still waiting so don't worry we're not alone!

I've not heard from two of mine yet, York and Warwick (though I'm not really interested in Warwick).

Quick Reply

Latest