The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by Arnold94
I sent my application in September and I haven't heard back yet either :frown: it's the last one I'm waiting for so I wish they'd hurry up!

Hello :smile:
I was just wondering if you have or haven't received an offer from York yet?
University of York
York
Reply 1001
Original post by Espa
October 14th, so it's been ages, grr. At least it's not just me though, they're probably just being slow :smile:

Hello :smile:
I was just wondering if you still have or haven't received an offer from York yet?
Original post by Historophilia
Me too :frown:

And i've seen someone on here get an offer recently, so they have started giving them out again!

Same! So annoying! This is so stressful, seeing other people get offers though is very hard! It makes me think that I am going to be rejected :frown:
Reply 1003
Original post by daisy05
got an interview for Law :smile:

Me too! On the 15th. A bit nervous, when's yours? :smile:
Reply 1004
Original post by aysha.19
ahaan... oh thanks, i've already received my offer for Law :biggrin:

Did you have to go to an interview? How did that go? Got mine on the 15th, nervous!
Congratulations on your offer :smile:
Original post by studentccs
Same! So annoying! This is so stressful, seeing other people get offers though is very hard! It makes me think that I am going to be rejected :frown:

Well it hasn't happened yet! I know loads of really good people who are still waiting so lets try and be upbeat about it!

I got an offer from Warwick on Friday so that just shows that just because you have to wait for ages, doesn't mean you won't get an offer :smile:
Original post by Historophilia
Well it hasn't happened yet! I know loads of really good people who are still waiting so lets try and be upbeat about it!

I got an offer from Warwick on Friday so that just shows that just because you have to wait for ages, doesn't mean you won't get an offer :smile:

Yeah I know! Plus I know lots of people who haven't had any, so we are lucky! I just wish they wouldn't take so long!haha Congrats about Warwick, you're right it does show I guess :smile:
Original post by studentccs
Yeah I know! Plus I know lots of people who haven't had any, so we are lucky! I just wish they wouldn't take so long!haha Congrats about Warwick, you're right it does show I guess :smile:

It is very frustrating, I'd love to be able to make my decision and not have to say 'eerr I don't know yet' when people ask me where I'm going to Uni :tongue:

Thanks, I was feeling very pessimistic about York before I got it but it upped my hopes somewhat, if they give me an offer surely York will!

Fingers crossed for both of us!
Reply 1008
Is anyone going to the History Visit Day next week? :smile:
Original post by Pavlina

Original post by Pavlina
Did you have to go to an interview? How did that go? Got mine on the 15th, nervous!
Congratulations on your offer :smile:

Yes. A telephone interview since I'm international. It was all right, good i can say. Yeah, you must be nervous, there's nothing to worry. Did you read the interview guide?
Reply 1010
Original post by kkate1212

Original post by kkate1212
GCSE: Really not very good, I hope this won't have too much of an effect on my chances of an offer.
AS: AAAC (dropped the C)
A2 Predictions: A*AA
Course: Sociology
Choices: Manchester, Lancaster, York, Salford, Manchester Met.

- Any other Sociology applicants?

Hi, yeah i've got an offer :smile:
Reply 1011
Original post by Anakha6894

Original post by Anakha6894
Hi Ive applied for Criminology with Sociology and still waiting for an offer has anyone else got one for that yet??
GCSES:AAAABBBBB
A Level Predictions:ABC
Other Unis- Royal Holloway(got an offer) Liverpool(got an offer) Lougborough(got an offer) and Lancaster(still waiting)
But York would be first choice!

:smile:

Hi, i've got an offer for Sociology with Criminology :biggrin:
Reply 1012
Original post by fiona_x
Is anyone going to the History Visit Day next week? :smile:

Yeh I am, you going to the King's Manor beforehand as well?
Reply 1013
Original post by Seanm1994
Yeh I am, you going to the King's Manor beforehand as well?

Most probably, won't be there for 11am though so will just pop in for the last 15 minutes. Are you?
Reply 1014
Anyone on here going to the applicant day on the 22nd February?? Or been on an applicant day and can tell me what it's like it's my first one :biggrin: Thanks xx
Reply 1015
Currently a first year at York studying for an MMath. Staying in New Vanbrugh. If anyone has any questions about the course/accomadation/uni-life etc. feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 1016
Original post by JXamie
Currently a first year at York studying for an MMath. Staying in New Vanbrugh. If anyone has any questions about the course/accomadation/uni-life etc. feel free to ask :smile:

Me! :smile:
Obviously I can't ask about the course because we're doing very different degrees, but how are you liking the university and the town? Are you enjoying yourself? Can you tell me a bit about the city and the nightlife, etc? :smile:
And also, if my interview goes well, where would you recommend I apply for accommodation? Which are the best halls? Thanks so much for offering to answer some questions!
Reply 1017
still waiting for anything for history and politics :smile: sent application in november; really want an offer!
Reply 1018
Original post by JXamie

What's Vanbrugh like as far as accomodation goes? Is is sociable etc?
I'm still waiting to hear for History. I sent them an e-mail about 2 weeks ago (considering that I have heard from all of the other universities as I sent my application off in September, and I believe York are messing me around), asking them for reasons why they still hadn't replied, and the comment: ' our selectors have until the 31st March. Yours Sincerely, the Admissions Team'. Considering that about 9 other people I know have already heard, and some of us are now having to worry about selecting accomodation for our 'eventual' Firm choices, I think this deliberate slowness is remarkably impertinent and unnecessary!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending