The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jockie

Original post by Jockie
Yeah I applied on the 10th and am yet to hear anything. I was told the interview (for Law, this is) could be anytime between December and March though.

I've applied for Law :biggrin: want to hear something! I tried looking on the website, seems out of date but in whatever year it was, interviews started in november?
University of York
York
Reply 141
Oh right - perhaps I'm mistaken then. Hopefully that means we will hear something soon. :smile: Glad to find another York Law Applicant!
Original post by Jockie

Original post by Jockie
Oh right - perhaps I'm mistaken then. Hopefully that means we will hear something soon. :smile: Glad to find another York Law Applicant!

Hahah that's what I'm hoping for anyway. Where else have you applied?
Reply 143
Leeds, Manchester, Oxford and Reading. York is definitely my favourite though. How about you?
I've applied for Historical Archaeology :smile: !
Original post by Jockie

Original post by Jockie
Leeds, Manchester, Oxford and Reading. York is definitely my favourite though. How about you?

York over Oxford? which college?
Oxford, Durham, Warwick, and Exeter. York was meant to be my back up but its growing on me :smile: Was a completely last minute decision, shall have to see where I get in before making any decisions.
Reply 146
My last minute decision was Oxford - it's a bit of a punt really and I doubt I'll get an offer - I've applied to Wadham.

To be honest, I wasn't really enthusiastic about York until I went to the Open Day and I just absolutely loved it!
Reply 147
York would make my day if they made me an offer now! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 148
I think if I got an offer for York it would make my month, I mean as long as I get a York offer I'll be happy :biggrin:
Original post by Rickylee
York would make my dad if they made me an offer now! :biggrin:

:giggle:
Original post by Rickylee
Oh right well then you'll probably hear back before me!

AS: ABBB Chemistry - A

A2 predictions AAB PHysics and Chemistry A

what about you because I don't know whether I would be considered a weak applicant or not but I do have a low offer from Loughbrough which I am assuming my statement was fair good! I'll let you know if I hear anythnig, you too! :biggrin:

Have you visited York before? Like did you go to the open day in August or whenever it was?
Reply 151
Original post by AbigailBowden

Original post by AbigailBowden
Have you visited York before? Like did you go to the open day in August or whenever it was?

Yes, I attended the open day in August and also went into York itself and I absolutely loved it so I would definetely like an offer from York and today I had a email saying that they are progressing through my application and they will get back to me shortly :biggrin:
Reply 152
GCSEs: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*ABC
AS: Law, English language, History, German and Critical thinking.
A2 predictions: A*AA plus EPQ
Course: Law
Why: The reputation, course and York is beautiful city.
Choices: York, Oxford, Newcastle, Sheffield and Reading.
Has anyone heard back for Economics? :smile:
Reply 154
GCSE's A* A* A* A* A*A* A A A B
AS: ABBC (French, Economics, Religious Studies, German)
A2 Predictions: AAA

Applying for linguistics (Q101/Q100) at
York
Manchester
Leeds
Edinburgh
UCL

Not sure why i picked York LOL don't really know anything about it :colondollar: i was limited in choices due to the small number of universities that actually do a linguistics course, so i just kind of chose the 5 that were the most prestigious i guess... :colondollar:
Hi,
I'm in AS my GCSE's are: 7 A's, 1 b, 2 C's ( B chemistry, C's maths and stats)
I know there not the best but I was very close to A*'s in about 4 subjects (History, RE, Geo, Bio) so I'm pretty annoyed ( but not complaining!)- I know being close will not make any difference but just an indication of how I might do at AS.
Would I have any chance at all of getting in to a good uni ( Russel group) not necessarily York, for a competitive course such as history with good AS grades? :s

I'm doing Medieval History, Geography, Politics and Philosophy for AS.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 156
Definitely - as long as you can secure the necessary AS/A-Level grades, then there's no reason why you can't get into York or another good university. Some universities might specify that you need a particular grade in a certain subject at GCSE (ie. B in Maths or something) so check that out on UCAS when doing your research. :smile:
Original post by qwerty4444
Hi,
I'm in AS but my GCSE's are: 7 A's, 1 b, 2 C's ( B chemistry, C's maths and stats)
I know there not the best and was very close to A*'s in about 4 subjects (History, RE, Geo, Bio) so I'm pretty annoyed ( but not complaining!)- I know being close will not make any difference but just an indication of how I might do at AS
Would I have any chance at all of getting in to a good uni ( Russel group) not necessarily York, for a competitive course such as history with good AS grades? :s

I'm doing Medieval History, Geography, Politics and Philosophy for AS.

AS/A2 grades take priority, so don't worry about it. Besides your GCSEs aren't even bad.
Reply 158
Hey everyone. ^^

GCSE: A*A*A*AAAAAAB
AS: AABD - (English Lang, English Lit, French, Law)
A2 predictions: A*A*A (English Lang, English Lit, French)
Course: English/Linguistics (QQ31)
Why: Good university for English, nice campus, lovely city, good course involving foreign literature.
Choices: Oxford, York, Lancaster, Nottingham, Kent.

^^
Hi,
GCSE: 11 A*
AS: 4As (History, English, Latin and French)
A2 predictions: A*A*A (History, English, Lat)
Course: V100 History
Why: like the city
Choices: Oxford, UCL, York, Exeter, Cardiff
Would love an offer from York!! when do they usually give them out for history?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending