The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taurus05
Well, I'm not a Psych applicant, but my friend is! She got offers from Sussex and Essex so far.
I'm applying for Spanish, and sent my application around 13th/14th Oct, but haven't heard from ANY uni yet :frown: :frown:

Ah okay :smile: yeah, my cousin's at Essex doing Modern Languages, she LOVES it! My friend's applying for Spanish & I think it's very popular, so that could be a reason for late replies. Hope you get some soooooon! :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Interview for Zoology! Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of such things? I'm wondering how formal it will be.

Over the moon with an interview though!
That could be it. I don't know, my school has links with the University of Sheffield so I'm thinking that could be part of why I got mine so soon.
Reply 383
Just got an offer to study Chinese and History! :biggrin:
ABB or BBB if I get a B in the extended project which is predicted to be an A so takes the pressure off a tad (predicted A*AB btw).
Reply 384
Anyone know how long it would take to get from the campus to the train station (and time for walking across the campus if possible)
Reply 385
Offer for French with Dutch...BBB
Original post by MinpoloD
Anyone know how long it would take to get from the campus to the train station (and time for walking across the campus if possible)

I'd say no more than 10mins between most Uni buildings, and about 15 to the station, 20 tops if you're at the furthest point.
Reply 387
biomedical sceinces offer!!!!
Linguistics and English offer! AAB :biggrin:
Reply 389
Korean Studies offer, ABB ^^;;
Username: GemSTARrawr
Course: Japanese Studies, French and Japanese Studies

Got an offer the other week for French and Japanese Studies ABB or BBB with a B in my extended project :smile: Now waiting for them to get back to me on the Japanese Studies course.
(edited 12 years ago)
Got a letter saying I'll shortly be receiving an offer for biomedical sciences! How long does UCAS take to update?! :l
It's strange that Sheffield are making offers including the Extended Project. But it's good to know they actually appreciate the hard work (and the amount of time) it takes to complete!
Reply 393
Original post by ambontoast
It's strange that Sheffield are making offers including the Extended Project. But it's good to know they actually appreciate the hard work (and the amount of time) it takes to complete!

I just got an email from sheffield stating that my "alternative" offer including the Extended Project was due to an administration error, as it is not the policy of the East Asian Studies department to include it in offers. Ahh well, not the end of the world. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Username: Ilikefairylights.
Course: English and German, my offer is AAB :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 395
Original post by Giggles27
Ah okay :smile: yeah, my cousin's at Essex doing Modern Languages, she LOVES it! My friend's applying for Spanish & I think it's very popular, so that could be a reason for late replies. Hope you get some soooooon! :smile:

I got an offer from Essex! But I don't know the conditions yet as UCAS hasn't updated itself... I hope you get some soon too! :biggrin::smile:
has anyone who has received an offer been invited to an open day, or generally been sent any kind of letter about your offer, or does that come later?
Reply 397
Original post by fexysucker
has anyone who has received an offer been invited to an open day, or generally been sent any kind of letter about your offer, or does that come later?

I got an offer, and on the letter they sent me it says that I will soon receive a letter inviting me to an open day. :smile:
Reply 398
Hello, just wandering has anyone sent off their application at around early November ish and received a reply from the university?
Reply 399
Offer for Biochemistry
AB, including Chemistry
already have an A*

I thought I will receive an offer after the informal interview in the Open day. However, after sending the confirmation letter saying that I will attend the Open day, I receive the offer straight away. Have not been interviewed though :colondollar::cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending