Reply 780
Username: nat45654
Course: History & Philosophy

So pleased to get an offer :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by ammarnkhan
''Thank you for your UCAS application to study Mechanical Engineering with us.

I have now considered your application for admission to our undergraduate course and I am pleased to advise you that you will receive an offer via UCAS which you can track using your UCAS personal ID number at www.ucas.com. Please allow 5-10 days for your offer details to appear.''

I believe this offer from Sheffield shall be AAB (with the B in Further Math).

:biggrin: Already have offers from Nottingham, Loughborough, Edinburgh and Liverpool. 5/5. so excited!!

How did you get such an easy offer :frown:
Original post by Kwamzy94
YAY!! Made my first potential classmate hehe
I'm deffo firming Sheffield, you?? :biggrin:

YAY! :3
I would love to firm it, but it depends how these January exams turn out..

where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 783
Original post by sophiemassey

Original post by sophiemassey
YAY! :3
I would love to firm it, but it depends how these January exams turn out..

where else have you applied? :smile:

Oh right, I've applied to and got offers from Sussex, Kent, Essex and Coventry.
Firmed my offer from Sheffield last month! I'm getting really excited about it!
Reply 785
Original post by fachizle
Offer from Sheffield for business management ABB equivalent :smile:)) tough choice between QMUL or Sheffield for top choice any ideas?

Sheffield every day of the week, it's the perfect student city and a top class university. Congrats! :smile:
username: nataliet19
course: French
Username: tashabodnieks
Course: French and Hispanic Studies
Reply 788
Original post by Booom
Sheffield every day of the week, it's the perfect student city and a top class university. Congrats! :smile:

Yeah but QMUL London isn't it better for business degree and better chance of getting job in the city after or deffo Sheffield over QMUL?
Reply 789
Original post by ReBee
Sheffield did send me a letter a few months ago inviting me to transfer my course to a MBiolSci 4 year course, however, the entry requirements for it are AAA. And if I'm putting down an insurance with AAA, it certainly won't be Sheffield. :s

I wouldn't want to be tied to a pre-set Master's Degree, since my mind may be radically made up by the time I get there. And I certainly wouldn't want to go to a university where all the other BSc students will be subordinate to those who chose the MBiolSci - cause that's exactly the message that comes across. :frown:

Even if you're on the masters course you dont have to do the masters year if you get to the end of the third year and change your mind.
Original post by rebeccadaleyx
Got an offer before Christmas for English Literature :biggrin: as long as I get AAB and an A in Extended Project or AAA. Anyone else studying the same?:smile:

I have the same offer! Where else did you apply? You thinking of firming Sheffield? :smile:
Reply 791
Got an offer for Civil Engineering AAA, they send me an email, but UCAS track is still not updated, is it normal?
Original post by hayleya_24
I have the same offer! Where else did you apply? You thinking of firming Sheffield? :smile:

I applied for two courses at Sheffield Hallam, Manchester Met & Leeds :smile: how about you? :smile: and I definitely want to firm Sheffield, going to the department open day on Wednesday, are you going to any of the open days? :smile:
They've withdrawn my offer because my re-sit result was a C and not a B in GCSE math :s-smilie:
Reply 794
Original post by soliman123

Original post by soliman123
They've withdrawn my offer because my re-sit result was a C and not a B in GCSE math :s-smilie:

They can really do that?! :O
Original post by Emgrace

Yeh we're going in feb half term :smile: Yay!
Oh yeh I've heard of i-to-i. Yeh, all volunteer things are around that expensive, it's very annoying. And then flights cost loads too. My azores one cost 1200 and then I had to pay for flights on top of that. Thats why I had to save for so long :P

Ive never even done snorkelling. :frown: Never been on any holidays like that. Looks fun though!

Hahaha you wouldnt catch something! It must be all contained and stuff really well!

Cambridge was too close, and obviously it's natural sciences which I didnt fancy because the only options open to me in that one would have been the biology ones as I didnt do maths or physics. So then it's like, whats the point in doing natural sciences, because I'd be limited to the 4 biology modules, without any other options. Whereas with biology courses you get loads of options! Plus, I didnt like the 2nd or 3rd year either :P
I applied to oxford but didnt get in :smile:

Sorry for a late reply, I've had all my exams this week so been burying my head in a book ever since. Yeah it's a bit of a joke but I guess it'd be so worth it. My mum's looking for something to get me to do for my 18th as she knows I would hate a long weekend in NY like my sister got, so thought about something like that... Although a weekend in a hostel with my friends in Cornwall or something also sounds very tempting.

Snorkelling is amazing because you're aware of how close you are to the stuff, can go deeper if you want to but it's not so deep that you can't get away fast? Like in diving where you have to slowly go up to the surface and stuff. I dunno, diving would be crazily amazing, my dad did it in Borneo and said he wants to do it again.

Yeah, I didnt even look at Oxbridge! Not my kinda thang. (I say things like 'thang' that proves I'm not candidate material hah) Ah that's kinda rubbish. Naughty Cambridge. Might as well go somewhere '''''lowerr''''' and then have a better course, better night life etc AND be far away from home, let alone the year abroad.

How have your exams been? Feeling up to the AAA standards?! x
Original post by Jivi
They can really do that?! :O

Yeah, on track it went from conditional to unsuccessful, they didn't even conceder asking me re-sit or anything. Most of my university choices want a C anyways. Although I really liked sheffield :/
Original post by isitinyet?
unless i get an offer from imperial (doubtful :frown:) then i'm firming sheffield. Loved it on the open day :biggrin: is it really 50p to anywhere on a bus? It's 2.60 for a long fair in the west mids... Also, how many hours of lectures/lab work do you have a week?

It's 50p for pretty much anywhere a student would want to go - such as accommodation, uni, city centre, station etc. The only time I've paid a more expensive fare is to get out into the Peak District, but obviously most students wouldn't be doing that :smile:

I study maths, so depending on what you've applied for, it's likely to be different. But I have 18 hours contact time a week, which consists of 12 lectures and 6 tutorials a week (I have 6 modules, so that's 2 lectures and 1 tutorial per module). The only people that really have any more hours than that is the Medics and Dentists.
Original post by rebeccadaleyx
I applied for two courses at Sheffield Hallam, Manchester Met & Leeds :smile: how about you? :smile: and I definitely want to firm Sheffield, going to the department open day on Wednesday, are you going to any of the open days? :smile:

I also applied to leeds, and southampton, bristol and warwick (but the last two rejected me, MAH). I'm going on 7th march! Let me know how it goes :smile:
Got a conditional from Sheffield for Criminology and Social policy... Honestly I was shocked since Leeds Met declined :smile:

Conditions of offer:

Obtain the Access to HE Diploma

With 60 credits overall

Including 45 at level 3

of which at least 30 must be graded Distinction

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending