I'm sure it's fine. The atheists who use it really annoy me though :colonhash:
Original post by adamrules247
I'm sure it's fine. The atheists who use it really annoy me though :colonhash:

Yeah, coming from them it can have a different usage :sadnod:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yeah, coming from them it can have a different usage :sadnod:

Oh well. At least we're vindicated on the issue of truth :awesome:
Reply 1585
Thank God atheists generally ignore this thread!

In the best possible way...
Reply 1586
Original post by De Lubac

Original post by De Lubac
Thank God atheists generally ignore this thread!

In the best possible way...

When they don't, we can just use the report button :awesome:

I spent far too much of this evening arguing about Catholicism with another Catholic. He got told off for preaching at one point by someone until I said it was fine and that I was Catholic too :mmm:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
It probably is but then I'm rather irreverant anyway :biggrin:

:love:
Has anyone seen the trailers for 'There Be Dragons'? It's about the Life of St Josemaria Escriva. And, suprisingly, it takes an objective view of history and not the usual crap put out by anti Catholics like Dan Brown :awesome:
as a Catholic I like Dan Browns work. - I can read/watch it knowing that its fictious and doesnt affect my view of the Chruch at all. Dan Brown only claims that the places and settings are real. Few make such a disclaimer.

Apparently RAI are doing a film on Benedict - I've seen some of their films and they are very good, especially the one on JP1
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
as a Catholic I like Dan Browns work. - I can read/watch it knowing that its fictious and doesnt affect my view of the Chruch at all. Dan Brown only claims that the places and settings are real. Few make such a disclaimer.

Apparently RAI are doing a film on Benedict - I've seen some of their films and they are very good, especially the one on JP1

Actually Dan Brown himself claimed that 99% of historical assertions written in the Da Vinci Code were facts. Brown is a sordid, nasty liar with a burning hatred if Catholicism. I'm planning on burning my copies of his books. Plus, I pretty much agree with Rushdie's analysis of his work.
Actually Dan Brown himself claimed that 99% of historical assertions written in the Da Vinci Code were facts. Brown is a sordid, nasty liar with a burning hatred if Catholicism. I'm planning on burning my copies of his books. Plus, I pretty much agree with Rushdie's analysis of his work.

That's disturbing.
Original post by Ethereal
That's disturbing.

Woah! I'm only doing what the Church recommends. My sponsor's family were told by a one of the Vatican's official exorcists to burn their copies of Harry Potter. Plus fire's so much more sanctifying :colone: TBH I'll probably just chuck them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1593

Woah! I'm only doing what the Church recommends. My sponsor's family were told by a one of the Vatican's official exorcisers to burn their copies of Harry Potter. Plus fire's so much more sanctifying.

burn their copies of Harry Potter? :lolwut:

afaik the church has no official position on harry potter, so it is not what the Church recommends, just what someone within the Church recommends.
(edited 12 years ago)
I find the concept of burning books, especially fiction, utterly intolerant and abhorrent.
Reply 1595

I find the concept of burning books, especially fiction, utterly intolerant and abhorrent.

this tbh.
Original post by Aula
burn their copies of Harry Potter? :lolwut:

afaik the church has no official position on harry potter, so it is not what the Church recommends, just what someone within the Church recommends.

Oh it's not an official Church position. But he's relatively important, none the less.
Reply 1597

Oh it's not an official Church position. But he's relatively important, none the less.

Then please watch how you word things. It's not what the Church recommends then.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aula
Then please watch how you word things. It's not what the Church recommends then.

Sorry. I often come across badly on the Internet :colondollar:
Reply 1599

Sorry. I often come across badly on the Internet :colondollar:

It's alright, it's just that by saying "It's what the Church recommends" suggests that it's an official position. Life is difficult enough as a Catholic without making it more difficult for us by giving atheists more ammunition, and something like that would get so ridiculously blown out of proportion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending