The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Hi,

just wondering how many people have started getting offers and interviews? If you have how long ago did you send your UCAS, what offers have you been given and where for? Also, it'd be great if you could give us some tips on the interviews and a bit of an insight as to the questions you were asked..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've had an interview for Herts, it was on the 30th November and I found out 2 weeks before, it was like a week and a bit after I sent my ucas off, since then i've had nothing :\
Ive got an Interview for Hertfordshire on the 14th December
Can I ask how the interview went? and what sort of questions they asked.
Reply 3
Hey :smile:
I've applied to Surrey, Southampton, Birmingham, Kings College London and Oxford Brookes for child nursing
I've had interviews at Surrey Southampton and Birmigham and have recieved offers from all 3. I've got an interview at King's tommorow but haven't heard anything from brookes.
Be calm and confident.
Why nursing? Why the chosen branch? think of examples of communication team work stressful situations, why have you applied to those particualr uni's hope this helps
Hey
My school sent of my UCAS on the 14th Nov, I've applied for Masters of Nursing Science at Nottingham, then Child nursing at Nottingham, Manchester, Keele and Cardiff. On the 29th I got an e-mail from Cardiff inviting me to assessment on the 21st Dec, on the 30th I got a letter from Nottingham inviting me to a visit day on the 15th Feb and the next day I got an e-mail from Manchester inviting me to interview on the 14th Dec :biggrin: - a VERY good week!
Has anyone else been invited to one of these days?
I still haven't heard anything from Keele (not even an acknowledgement) and Nottingham wont decide anything for the child nursing course until later :frown:.
I'll update you all after my Manchester interview :smile:

Had the Manchester interview yesterday, there was a real mixture of people (some didn't even dress in what I thought was appropriate for interviews - eg. jeans, very short skirts), and everyone had had a different degree of preparation. I had prepared fairly well to the extent that it didn't sound rehearsed and I had a vague idea of what could be said for a variety of questions. However, there were 3 girls in my interview that had 'over-prepared', they sounded very rehearsed and the rest of us couldn't get a word in edgeways, to the extent that the interviewers had to begin giving us a fighting chance by asking them to let us have a chance :/ (As a person who thinks it rude to talk over people I found it very hard to speak at all as the girl sat next to me just wouldn't shut up :frown: ).
I probably didn't get in, but oh well, might as well put it down to practice :smile:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi all. I had an interview for Salford on 29th November for mental health and got a conditional offer thru ucas yesterday :smile: can't wait. Anyone else starting at Salford soon?
Reply 6
Hiya can any post any questions they asked you so I can practice when I get interviews please? I applied to Kingston, Lincoln, Anglia Ruskin, Sheffield Hallam and Bucks New.
Has anyone applied to these? and got offers?

And how was the maths and literacy exam! I need advice on these thanks?
and do I need to know about current issues today?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!:smile:
Reply 7
Had an interview at York a couple of weeks ago for their extended degree in nursing, got an unconditional offer! So happy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I have also had an interview with Salford and there is nothing on my ucas as of yet....really worried now
Reply 9
I have applied for Mental Health Nursing at Bradford,Chester,Staffordshire and Worcester.Had group interviews now at Bradford,Chester and go for another interview next year at Worcester.I havnt heared from Staffordshire yet,maybe they still considering my UCAS application form.:smile:
Original post by flutterby23
I have also had an interview with Salford and there is nothing on my ucas as of yet....really worried now

hi, Yeh i think i spoke to you before on here. Try not to worry, i was surprised how fast i got an offer, no news is good news! Have you spoken to anyone else from our interview day to see if they got in? I can't find anyone else on here starting nursing in September 2012 so Im getting worried incase they offered me a place accidentally Haha x
Original post by Emily@Salford
hi, Yeh i think i spoke to you before on here. Try not to worry, i was surprised how fast i got an offer, no news is good news! Have you spoken to anyone else from our interview day to see if they got in? I can't find anyone else on here starting nursing in September 2012 so Im getting worried incase they offered me a place accidentally Haha x

Hii yes we have spoken before :smile: congrats on getting in. I really am hoping that no news is good news...Doesn't seem to be a lot of people who have applied to salford for nursing on TSR does there x
Original post by flutterby23
Hii yes we have spoken before :smile: congrats on getting in. I really am hoping that no news is good news...Doesn't seem to be a lot of people who have applied to salford for nursing on TSR does there x

No i can't seem to find many people. Youll have to let me know if you get in, be good to know someone before going
Original post by Emily@Salford
No i can't seem to find many people. Youll have to let me know if you get in, be good to know someone before going

Awww definitely! Just a waiting game now....
Reply 14
Hiya,
I applied to york, canterbury, keele, uea and anglia ruskin. I have an interview at canterbury in March and have a rejection from york, no news on the other 3 though :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by AmyAnna
Hi,

just wondering how many people have started getting offers and interviews? If you have how long ago did you send your UCAS, what offers have you been given and where for? Also, it'd be great if you could give us some tips on the interviews and a bit of an insight as to the questions you were asked..

I sent my ucas off middle of October to do adult nursing, I have had interview dates for derby, wolves and Coventry and had an interview at birmingham city uni on Monday
Reply 16
Hey

UWE Bristol January 2012- unconditional offer- super psyched!
Reply 17
Helloo.. I've applied for child nursing but during mid november.. Manchester and Salford have replied to me recently.. I've got an interview at Manchester next Wednesday and an interview at Salford in February!!

Anyone else got an interview next wednesday??
Reply 18
I'm the same ... child nursing at Salford and Manchester, have an interview at Salford in January but not heard anything form Manchester yet, so doesnt look good :frown:
Reply 19
Don't worry they will reply back.. It wikl just take time seeing as Child Nursing is a very competitive course at every Uni. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending