The Student Room Group

Edexcel gcse maths linear november 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rainbow Revolution
I got that the first time round. (10- 1.50)/2. Then plus the £1.50
BUT then I crossed that out :O and wrote 6.50 instead :frown:
Because the first answer didn't make sense to me

me too lolz! i got 6.50 coz it says the remaining £10 is shared between food and other stuff but other stuff has 1.50 more than food. so i thought u half it and add 1.50 to it. so i got 6.50. how did u get the other answer?
Reply 21
Yeah, question B was crazy. I didn't even think I completed the tree diagram properly!
What grade you aiming for ?

A/A* but to be honest even by one point if i get an A i will be over the moon.
what about u what are aiming for?
Reply 22
Original post by azzy13
yeah like most of the marks is showing ur working out. so u'll be fine. =]

Thanks, omgg, i feel much better. Yesterday, I came home crying cause I felt sooo terrible. Cause I showed all my working out but got the wrong answers so yeah :')
Original post by azzy13
A/A* but to be honest even by one point if i get an A i will be over the moon.
what about u what are aiming for?

Same as you, the answers have just been posted online, and I think I got around 40. So, there's no way in hell I'm even getting an A, unless I get full marks on Monday's paper :frown:
Reply 24
the answers have just been posted online

what? really? where is the answer posted?
Reply 25
Original post by blackjenny85
Thanks, omgg, i feel much better. Yesterday, I came home crying cause I felt sooo terrible. Cause I showed all my working out but got the wrong answers so yeah :')

hey u'll be fine =] how do ya know if ur answer is wrong, u never know u might have got it right :biggrin:
Original post by azzy13
what? really? where is the answer posted?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1833941
Reply 27
I am aiming for 'A*' grade, but it was soo difficult. So i'll be alright with an 'A' but my teacher says I should retake it if I get 'A' as I am still in year 10.
Reply 28
Original post by blackjenny85
I am aiming for 'A*' grade, but it was soo difficult. So i'll be alright with an 'A' but my teacher says I should retake it if I get 'A' as I am still in year 10.

really? WOW ur cleaver. well done =] did u take ur gcse early? i took my early too, i took mine in year 9, i did modules than now im retaking it!
Original post by sak1996
What reasons did you give on the circle therom questions?

one was 90 degrees because of angles in a semicircle make a 90 at circumference and another was 90 because of supplementary angles and 45 was the answer because of isosceles triangle
Reply 30
Did anyone do the question on translating the shape?
It said translate the shape (-8/-2) which is 8 spaces left and 2 spaces down, right?
BUT THERE WASN'T 8 SPACES ON THE GRID FOR IT TO MOVE!?
Original post by i wilson x
did anyone do the question on translating the shape?
It said translate the shape (-8/-2) which is 8 spaces left and 2 spaces down, right?
But there wasn't 8 spaces on the grid for it to move!?

exactly?! I was freaking out
Reply 32
The graphy axis was going up by 2 so there i was space . Btw i did thee same mistake :frown:
Is anyone's school complaining to the exam board? My school are because the questions were completely different from the past papers. I did my exam last year (in year 10) and got an A and I was hoping to get an A* but I flunked this! :frown:
Reply 34
Any one know how easy or hard will the calculator be? I hope it is at least 110 marks for an A as i got 60 on this paper.
Reply 35
Original post by Bon'Qui Qui
Is anyone's school complaining to the exam board? My school are because the questions were completely different from the past papers. I did my exam last year (in year 10) and got an A and I was hoping to get an A* but I flunked this! :frown:

Wow your school complaining what can Edexcel do now the paper is already down? :smile:
Original post by Bon'Qui Qui

I haven't thought about it but it was entirely different, I think I might suggest this to my Head of Maths Dept.

I wasn't particularly fond of this paper and I found all the past papers easy. :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by StrangeCharm
I haven't thought about it but it was entirely different, I think I might suggest this to my Head of Maths Dept.

I wasn't particularly fond of this paper and I found all the past papers easy. :frown:

I might ask my head of maths to complain as well. it was so hard
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sak1996
Wow your school complaining what can Edexcel do now the paper is already down? :smile:

If the majority of the country found it hard and complain then they can lower the boundaries, but I suppose it depends on how the calculator paper goes. :indiff:
Reply 39
I was going for an A* I got all A*s in my practice papers but that paper was just too hard I think I have
dropped a maximum of 30 marks to be honest I hope the calculator will be Easy and the grade bounderys are going to be lower than June 2011 with was 162 for an A*.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending