The Student Room Group

Is doing a Ouija board a good idea ?

Scroll to see replies

Hey OP, why don't you ask a Ouija board whether or not you should do it?

Also has anyonw noticed how, "Ouija" is made of both the French and German words for, "yes"? Perhaps it's a sign.
Reply 61
I wouldn't do it, i know of some guys who were playing with that at the beginning, and having a laugh, then they started to feel cold, and fear, so when the thing started to get creepy the left, and left the ouija board there, and one of the golden rules, is that you always have to close the session otherwise the spirits can wonder around and that wouldn't be good, in conclusion those guys who participated told that they couldn't sleep for months, and little bad stuff started to happen to them (no major stuff but they had nightmare all nights).
I had a friend who played it once. He said he was warned of terrible events in the future. Great misery for those involved and when he got home he lost his glasses!
Is this a bad time to mention my 'Hasbro is evil occult secret society' theory/rant? Yes? Ok never mind then.

Be careful with this stuff OP. I tried a Hasbro board game once, it didn't go well.

Banana leaves aren't funny.
Reply 64
7 negs for having an opinion? You lot can GTFO :hand:
No, no and no.
Reply 66
Original post by Like a BAWS

A group of 4-8 of us are considering doing a Ouija board together for a laugh. None of us are religious , but are all fairly open-minded to it. We're thinking of doing it in an abandoned building for the true atmosphere. Or theres a woods by us where someone hung themselves, and theres a tiny building in there we could do it in,that could be freaky too !

We all got really excited till our RE teacher, who even though isnt religious herself, said its a really bad idea to mess around with stuff we dont fully understand , and that there could be terrible consequences.

Is she just fear-mongering or should we genuinely be concerned with doing it ? Anyone here done it themselves and have anything to share ? Or any advice at all ? :smile:

No, it is not a good idea, it is a form of witchcraft and demonic activity, seriously advise you AGAINST doing it, find something else to do, preferable something not of the occult
Reply 67
Original post by ironandwine

Original post by ironandwine
No, no and no.

This
Reply 68
Thing is with Ouija boards, either nothing will happen or something bad. There is generally no positive.
Not something I'd ever want to mess with cos I believe in spiritual warfare and there's Jesus and stuff but there's also bad entities and so I wouldn't want to dabble in that... Christian viewpoint btw
I love the fact that you're more concerned with the dangers of playing a board game than you are with the dangers of hanging out in abandoned buildings and woods... :wink:
If you want to do it, do it, I tried it once, it's quite good fun if just a little bit daft, it's all down to the subconscious mind and that. :smile:

Original post by Cura
DO NOT USE IT ALL AT! I used it once and boy was it scary, btw only works during the night. My friend got possessed and went crazy and jumped off the building, trust me dont approach this board its going to kill you.

are you being serious?
A group of 4-8 of us are considering doing a Ouija board together for a laugh. None of us are religious , but are all fairly open-minded to it. We're thinking of doing it in an abandoned building for the true atmosphere. Or theres a woods by us where someone hung themselves, and theres a tiny building in there we could do it in,that could be freaky too !

We all got really excited till our RE teacher, who even though isnt religious herself, said its a really bad idea to mess around with stuff we dont fully understand , and that there could be terrible consequences.

Is she just fear-mongering or should we genuinely be concerned with doing it ? Anyone here done it themselves and have anything to share ? Or any advice at all ? :smile:

I think your RE teacher is having a laugh. But while you're at it, try scaring the **** out of some of your mates, by using a metallic counter instead and using a magnet to control the counter from under the table.
It is complete utter rubbish. Spirits or ghosts whatever you want to call it, don't exist.
Reply 74
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
are you being serious?

I am serious, people repping me thinking it was a joke. I've heard stories of incidents when a group of lads used the board around midnight at a graveyard. Too long to type up but boy it was a massive mistake.

Original post by Cura
I am serious, people repping me thinking it was a joke. I've heard stories of incidents when a group of lads used the board around midnight at a graveyard. Too long to type up but boy it was a massive mistake.

I believe you don't worry :smile: was just making sure you weren't joking
Reply 76
Ouija board is just that.. A board. Theres no magic, powers, ghosts or spirits behind it. :facepalm:

That said, it's not such a good idea to go off into the woods or abandoned buildings to play a game. :rolleyes: Have you never seen scary movies. Group of boys head off to the woods to try and contact spirits and end up being arse raped by the creepy drifter. It happens more often then you think :wink:
Reply 77
Really depends on your beliefs whether it is a good idea or not. If none of you are firm believers in spiritual things then go for it, it could be a good laugh. If some of you are, then you might scare yourselves silly and end up having a traumatising night. My mum did it when she was younger and she claims it brought a month of bad luck and that she eventually ended up being haunted from it. She's vowed never to do it again, but she's a firm believer in spirits and all that jazz so make of that what you will.
Reply 78
Original post by tsrstar
Ouija board is just that.. A board. Theres no magic, powers, ghosts or spirits behind it. :facepalm:

That said, it's not such a good idea to go off into the woods or abandoned buildings to play a game. :rolleyes: Have you never seen scary movies. Group of boys head off to the woods to try and contact spirits and end up being arse raped by the creepy drifter. It happens more often then you think :wink:

That only happens to scantily dressed girls. Once they've split up to investigate a noise.

My dad had a bad experience with one. He won't talk about it really. He didn't even do it himself, he was just in the room with others who did. He started seeing stuff afterwards, having nightmares etc. and the others had problems afterwards too apparently. My mum did it and swears that it moved.

You can do it if you want. I mean, I'm not sure that I believe anything supernatural happened in either of the above cases, but clearly it can mess with your head a bit, even if you're a grounded, rational person so I wouldn't really do it for that reason alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending